Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.

Hi Guys. I updated chapter 36 less than 24 hours ago. Please ensure you read that before this.:)

Suvarna's POV.

"And some wild animals." Shishir added laughing.

I laughed with him. There was something about the ambiance around that made everything seem very intense. Shishir let go of me as he started setting things up.

He kept darting glances at me. I could not help but think he had something in mind. Maybe he was thinking about what had happened to me three years back. Quite unexpectedly it had turned out that people around us were involved.

Ricky and Rita had obviously been manipulated into helping by Rahul. But why did he do this? He has been so supportive over the past years that even the thought of him stooping so low hurts.

I think back to when Varsha bhabhi had first introduced him to me. My hands stilled in mid air as I realised I had met him around the same time when that incident had occurred.

"What are you thinking Suvi?" Shishir's soft voice sliced through my thoughts.

"Rahul-" I said.

"What? Why are you thinking about him now?" Shishir said. There was not much light other than couple of battery ones that he had placed on two sides. But even in the low light I could make out he is pissed.

I know he does not like to see me worried and is looking out for me. I shake my head trying to push away all unpleasant thoughts for now. As he had said this birthday is going to be just me." and him.

"Okay so Mr. London do you even know how to put up a tent?" I say trying to sound cheerful.

"What is there to know? It is easy breezy." He said dismissively.

"Which means I will have to do it." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh yeah? How many tents have you fixed?" Shishir challenged.

"Oh plenty." I started to say when he interrupted me.

"Really?" I could feel the agitation in his voice and had to hide a smile. If I would tell him he is jealous he will deny in any case. So I decided to tease him.

"Of course. Why would I lie about something so small as this. You can even check with Nanu or any of my other family members if you do not believe me." I said truthfully. "In fact on some occasions Paresh joined us too."

He turned around without another word. I could sense him fuming and strangely that made me happy.

Just to tease him further I went upto the still folded tent and started to unfold it.

"What are you doing?" came Shishir's voice from behind me.

"Pitching the tent. Since I am the expert here." I said without turning around. In all honesty I had no clue what to do with the contraption in my hands right now!

Shishir came up beside me and reached for the tent and took it few feet away and before I could fully understand what he was upto he had the tent standing!

"Automatic tent." He said sounding amused.

"Right." I said trying not to laugh.

"What tents did you use Miss. Expert?" He probed.

Oops.

"Er- um bedsheets." I said sheepishly. "On our house terrace." I confessed laughing and gasped when I felt his arms go around me. I had not even seen him move.

"Girlfriend you were stringing me along weren't you?" He said softly but I could sense he was relaxed now.

"Not at all. 'Shishir Mehrotra is never jealous'" I air quoted laughing and ran out of his arms. He chased me and I kept dodging out of his hold.