"Where are we going?" He asked.

"No idea." I said truthfully. "Have you even ridden on a bus here?"

"Of course." He scoffed.

"Yeah right." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Okay fine, It was years ago. With my parents. Mom had insisted I experience it." He said softly.

I looked at him as he mentioned his mother. He never did bring her up. He had never really forgiven her for walking out on him all those years ago when his parent's marriage had fallen apart.

He did not betray any emotion so I let it go. "Before you shifted to London?" I said and he shrugged.

Suddenly a brightly coloured patch caught my eyes and I exclaimed. "Hey we are getting down here."

"Where are we?" Shishir  asked looking around as we got down from the bus.

"You are asking me?" I laughed. "You are the one who lives here."

I walked towards a small café with brightly coloured umbrellas unfurled and plastic chairs around small square tables.

Shishir eyed the chairs like they were live bombs. Suddenly it occurred to me he was actually not enjoying this.

This realisation made me feel bad about the whole idea. I should not have suggested it I thought and wondered if it would be better if we changed the plan and went somewhere where he would enjoy.

Shishir's POV.

"Sumo what kind of fun is this?" I asked feeling irritated at the thought of pushing around in crowded places aimlessly. The bright plastic chairs in front of me did nothing to improve my mood.

I glanced at Suvi and saw her stand up slowly. "I am sorry Shishir. Maybe this was not such a good idea." She said in a small voice, sounding like she was fighting tears.

I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks on my chest. What was wrong with me? We were spending the day together after so many years and instead of relishing her company I was being utterly selfish in my attitude.

I hooked my finger on her chin making her look at me. "You have the dumbest man of this world as your boyfriend." I said softly and saw her frown in confusion. "I am all yours, at your mercy to get lost." I told her slightly tweaking her nose.

"Really?" she asked a small smile forming on her lips. I nodded and her smile broadened making my heart do a small dance in my chest.

Soon we were seated on the chairs and tucking on some food items that I did not even know the names of! Suvi was like an enthusiastic child digging on the food in front.

After we left the café she pulled me into a small field that had a small fair ongoing. I had to drag her away from shops selling mementoes.

"Suvi you can buy them later. How will you roam around with your hands full?"

"You are right." She said. "Merry go round!" she shouted suddenly pulling me towards some rides.

"What? No way Suvi!" I said but naturally I had no chance against a determined Sumo. After ten minutes I was sitting half bend over on a pink coloured camel. "Why is it pink?" I said groping at the rod above.

"Sir for your height we have other options too. A blue horse, green lion, a yellow bear-" prattled the attendant making me cringe.

"That is all right. This one is good." Suvi told the attendant smiling. "Smile." she ordered looking in my direction and before I could respond the click in her phone confirmed yet another unconventional photo was clicked.