He had always been my strength. I knew he would be angry with me, I knew it had been my fault that he was angry. I did hurt him whatever be the reason, but that he hated me enough to want me to be unhappy had actually shaken me to the very core.

After my parents had been taken away from me, the one person I could trust in a heartbeat was Shishir.

To think he ever wished me ill, even for a fraction of second was like my life being turned upside down.

Tears streamed down my cheeks freely as his scribbled words played in my mind. Then all his gestures of the past few days came into my mind.

He cares about me, very deeply, always has. I cannot deny that his feelings are genuine. I can never doubt his intentions.

"Even when I was angry, bitter towards you, my first and natural instinct had always been to reach out to you."

Shishir's words kept ringing in my ears. What was I doing? Why am I being so stubborn? But I know I am not wrong.

I shut my eyes feeling totally lost and not knowing what to do.

"Mummy." I sobbed out for my mother who was not there to guide me, I felt her need so intensely now. "Mummy I miss you, miss you so much." I wanted to hug her now, ask her what is the right thing to do. She would know. She would tell me, like mothers do. Papa would have asked me to be strong, I know he would have. I feel so lonely, so alone now.

Just like Shishir was all those years ago, the thought invades my mind as I think of my parents smiling faces.

He had been alone, uprooted from his family his friends and for reasons unknown to him, or even me. His trust in me had been much more than mine had been for him.

I had always managed to pull pranks on him because he would just blindly do what I would ask him to, no matter how many times I would play the same trick.

Fresh tears rolled down my cheeks as I realiseed how deeply I had hurt him when I agreed to trick him to get him away. I had thought it was for his good, but I had not stopped to think about how he would feel.

I jumped as the door of my room flung open and a furious looking Shishir strides in.

Before I can react he pulls me to him and picks me up! "Shishir!" I shouted. He ignores as he flings me on his shoulder and strides out of the room.

Within seconds he is bounding up the stairs. "Shishir! Put me down." I shriek feeling dizzy at his speed and my upside down position.

"No." He says sounding angry. He flings a door with one hand as we reach the upper level. I see a wide eyed Paresh come in view at the end of the staircase. He looks stunned at what Shishir is doing.

Then as Shishir enters through the opened door and Paresh disappears from view. I can see the swimming pool on one side, but Shishir does not stop.

He walks further down and stops at last and puts me down gently. He makes me sit on a chair, for which I am thankful as I am dizzy right now.

"I hurt you." he says his voice sounding serious. I glance at him, while still trying to get my breath normal..

"Why did you have to do this? I could have walked!" I managed to say in halting breats.

"No you would have thrown me out of your room if I would have come in to even try to talk." He said.

He is right about that but I will not accept it, why should I? "So you will carry me around like a sack of potato?" I fumed.

He did not respond but crouched in front of me. He reached out and opened a counter next to me and took out a bottle of water and a carton of what looked like juice.