"Why not? I want the whole world to know you are my girlfriend. If I could, I would shout from the tallest building for all the world to hear." He said sounding casual as though this was the sensible thing to do.

"That is so cheesy." I said though my heart fluttered in my chest at his words.

"It's the truth." He gave me a serious look and tightened his hand on my shoulder. He actually looked angry.

"Why are you angry?" I asked confused.

"It's nothing." He said still sounding pissed. Now what is bothering him?

"Shishir?" I said in a warning tone.

His hand tightened even more on my shoulder and he stopped walking. He turned his face to me "Why don't you want me to introduce you to everyone as my girlfriend?"

My heart melted at his hurt expression. He was happy and was wanting everyone to know I was the reason for his happiness.

"Of course I want you to tell everyone I am your girlfriend. It's just that it's new and I – I – it makes me feel a bit shy." I told him honestly going slightly red in the face.

His expression immediately softened a bit. He leaned down and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and started walking again.

I smiled as I stared walking beside him, tucked in his arm and felt a bit shy as I turned to give him a kiss- er peck on his cheek- when our height difference hit me!

Oh hell!

How am I ever be going to able to kiss- er- peck him? I will need to jump up and that will be totally weird and crazy!

Suvi you will need to carry a ladder with you! I mean I cannot say 'Shishir bend down I want to ki- er peck you.' I thought feeling pissed.

He was carrying a silly, somewhat goofy looking smile on his face and that irritated me even more.

"What is so funny?" I said feeling cross, though this was not his fault.

Infact no! It is his fault for being so tall.

"Every problem has a solution." He said sounding amused and I was confused.

"What-" I started to ask before he stopped walking and suddenly whisked me up in his arms holding me so I was at his face level.

I looked at him startled "Shishir! Put me down."

"Why do you need a ladder when you have your own 'ladder' and 'walking talking coconut tree ' at your service?" He said wrapping his hands around my waist as he held me to him, my feet above the ground. "So whenever you want to kiss-er peck me- just say it."

I stared at him stunned as his eyes danced with mischief.

How did he know? I closed my eyes and groaned in despair. "Don't tell me I said all that aloud?""

He chuckled "Okay, if you don't want me to I will not say it."

Oh crap! I had muttered all that aloud.

"So my pretty girlfriend, I am waiting for that kiss-er peck." He continued to tease. I felt him lean forward even with my eyes closed.

I pried my eyes open and met his happy face.

"Shishir put me down. People are looking at us." I managed to plead with some effort. His close proximity was pretty much rendering my mind senseless.

He shrugged "I don't care."

I looked around. Truth be told not many were around and the few passing by were shooting just curious glance at us and going their way.

I bit my lip as I tried to think. Before I could change my mind I leaned forward and placed a tiny peck on his right cheek and pulled back.