Knowing

"Dad, did Mum ever want to go back to America?" Melody asked. "Yes and multiple times. Every time, we'd go there for Christmas, she would nearly cry when we left her home. I don't blame her. You know those Hallmark movies about small towns?" Melody nodded to her father's question. "That was the type of town your mum grew up in. You'd go into a gas station and she would find one of her old friends and they'd catch up for a good while." He explained.

"What was it like, when she was there compared to here?" Melody asked. "I'll admit, she was...happier, definitely more relaxed. Where are these questions coming up?" Michael questioned. "I think I had a dream of her and meeting her family at her house last night." Melody admitted. "Your mother was a strong believe in those things, I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually her." Michael agreed.

"What do you mean by that?" Melody asked. "Well, she was paranoid about ghosts and spirits. It was to the point were I'm surprised that the house wasn't blessed or something." Michael explained then looked at the time. "Melody, you should probably start to head to school, it's quarter to eight." Melody groaned in a reply. "Go, get your education." Michael said. "Coming from the one that didn't graduate." Melody spoke. A honk was heard, "Looks like you don't even have to ride your bike, now go." Michael said and Melody said goodbye to him before she left the house.

*After School*

Melody stared at the wedding pictures in her lap as she sat criss-cross on her bed. "Have any questions? You've been staring at that picture since you've come home from school." Michael pointed out as he looked at her from her bedroom door. "I want to know more about her." Melody stated. Michael chuckled in a reply and sat on her bed. "What about her?" He asked.

"What did she do in her life, what did she enjoy, anything." Melody spoke with determination. "She worked at a hardware store until she graduated college. Haylie had got a journalism and English degree, when she moved to London she worked at a CD store then an high school English teacher, same when she came here, but picked up the journalism class. She loved her job because her students adored her because she was honest and swore with them." He laughed then paused. "What did she enjoy? Well, there's a lot of things. Music, like she would go to any concert or musical with you. Your mum could listen to any type of music other than jazz and rap. I had taken her to Jersey Boys and she nearly cried. It was her favorite and she had told me multiple times how she would love to see it again because she saw it when she was in junior high. Haylie couldn't go a day without writing, even if it was a paragraph." He paused again. "She enjoyed to have her break away from everyone every once and a while. When she was upset, she was more than likely to listen to All Time Low and take a shower. She was a caffeine addict for sure, couldn't go without coffee, pop, or Rockstars. During her pregnancy, she couldn't have any, so she decided to have empty ones around her. I don't understand why, but it helped her think she had some. You also didn't want to get her upset when she was around them because they were thrown. Your Uncle Luke got one in the head one day." She laughed, "Why?" Michael thought. "I think he said something of how The Breakfast Club was am awful movie and that was one of her favorite movies, so yeah." Michael chuckled.

"What else do you want to know?" Michael asked her. "What was her family like?"

"They were one of those families that were if they were more scarcasstic, the more they liked you. She wasn't a fan of her father, because he was... different and controlling...I guess you can say." Michael explained. "But the others, they had a simpler life, I suppose. They loved in the middle of nowhere. Family was big to them." Michael remembered and told her.

Michael told his daughter what their wedding day was like after he finished about Haylie's family. "I think that's enough for tonight." Michael said when she asked about the funeral.