Miss Daddy

"Daddy where are you?" She asked the empty space in her room. She went to her closet and before she opened she covered her eyes and opened the door. "Where's Daddy?" She started uncovering her eyes, "There he..." She noticed the closet without a man that was her father in there. "isn't." She sadly said and grabbed her companion and dragged him to the living room.

"Daddy?" She asked again in the empty air and room. "I want Daddy," Melody pouted, not like being without him.  She continued this action until she got to his bedroom. She tip-toed to the side of the bed, seeing a body sleeping. She looked at the face and frowned when she didn't see her father's. Melody gave a heavy sigh and grabbed photo albums to at least see her Daddy. The only child couldn't feel so much more alone in her life.

She quickly and quietly went to her bedroom and dropped all of them on the bed. "Daddy, come back." She sniffled and opened the first book. Her little heart was just breaking. She flipped through the books and one had her as a few month old baby on his chest. That did it. "I miss Dadddyyy!" She sobbed into her spider-man, hugging him as tight as she possibility could. Melody would do anything at this point to be hugged or cuddle or kiss her daddy. She was so in distress that she didn't hear her nanny walk to her bedside.

"Melody, darling, do you want to see your Daddy?" Jaycee softly asked and stroked her hair, trying to calm her down. The little girl nodded, wiping the tears away. "Okay, take my hand." Melody grabbed her hand and followed her. "Just give it a few minutes okay?" She softly said. Melody nodded once more. Jaycee wiped away the snot below her noise with a tissue. Jaycee opened up her laptop and Skype. "Come here, Daddy will be popping up on the screen." She said and Melody went up to the computer. Then, the face she dearly wanted to see appeared. Her eyes shined and her smile followed the same pattern. "DADDY!" She exclaimed. Michael waved at the camera. "Hi baby girl! Do you miss me?" He asked. "YES, COME HOME!" Melody confirmed loudly. That's when his face dropped like a big rock going down a cliff at the sight of Melody missing him so much. Then, a great idea popped into his head. "Melody, I want a big Melody hug right now." She pouted at him. "I can't you're not here." He made a small smile, "Melody do you have Spidey?" Of course he knew that answer. "Yes," She brought the red and blue bear over so her dad could see it. "Okay, good. I want you to hug him the best and biggest hug you've ever given him." Melody obeyed, even though she didn't know how it would help. On the other end of screen, Michael grunted and moved his arms closer to his chest. "That was a lovely hug, baby girl." He praised. She looked at him confused. "Spidey has magic powers when I'm not with you, and anytime you want to hug and kiss me, you do that to him, understand?" Jet eyes went happy and a giggle left her mouth and hugged and kissed the "magic" toy. " Thank you!" He exclaimed, pretending to have gotten the kiss the toy got. "I gotta get going now baby girl. Be good for Daddy. I love you." He softly said. Melody looked at him with pleading eyes, "Do you have to?" She asked wanting to see and talk with her daddy. "Yes, I promise, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye baby girl. Daddy loves you." He said in a hurry. "Bye, bye I love you more." She said and kissed her Spider-man bear. The Skype call ended then, leaving the screen a lonely black.

"Is daddy going to be back?" She asked,  worrying if he got hurt or something. "Of course he is! He'll always be back. He's just not going to be back in a long time, but he's right there." The nanny put her hand on the little girl's heart. "You just gotta be patient." Jaycee finished explaining. "I be patient?" Melody asked. Her nanny nodded. "Very, very patient. Good things comes to those who wait." Melody nodded. And she waited for the next time.

Later that day, it was just a lazy one. Jaycee had somehow got Aladdin in the DVD player, not Spider-man. Melody enjoyed the movie when Abo had appeared and made her laugh. When Jafar had appeared with the sultan, she coward in Jaycee's side. "Scary," Melody whimpered. "Yeah and he's a big meanie too. I don't like him." Melody looked up at Jaycee's kind voice and nodded. "I'll protect you from him, don't you worry." She said and put the tot in her lap. Melody couldn't stop laughing when Abo met the magic carpet, "Monkey funny," She giggled. Jaycee looked at the time and decided to make lunch, while the little girl was distracted. "Oh f_ck," Jaycee whispered as she remembered that there wasn't really any food in the house. She tensed her neck, thinking she could head to her apartment real quick or order food or go to the grocery store. "Hey Melody, what do you want to go to the grocery store?" Jaycee asked as she closed the door. She made a excited gasp and nodded, "Get the car cart!" Jaycee chuckled and nodded. "Come on, let's get your shoes on." Melody walked to the front door and put on her Velcro shoes. Jaycee grabbed her keys and put on her slip-on vans. "Okay, let's get going."
"Need Spidey." Melody said before running to her room.  It didn't take long for her to come back. "All ready?" Melody nodded. "Great!" Jaycee smiled and picked up Melody and brought her to the car.

Jaycee parked the car and got Melody from the back. She carried her until they got to the shopping carts with the car design for the seat. Melody put Spider-man next to her. Jaycee entertained the little girl as she shopped.

*Time Skip*

After, Jaycee had served a dinner of a quick cheese scrambled eggs and milk, Melody had slowly started to fall asleep. "Okay, precious, time to go to sleep for you." Jaycee gently spoke and picked up Melody, who quickly fell asleep. Jaycee softly smiled and brought her to bed and tucked the tyke in, "Goodnight," She whispered and kissed her temple.