Happy 17th

*August 3rd*

Melody sat down at the dinning room table as her friends sang happy birthday to her. Ryan was being Ryan and being obnoxious, singing off tune and loudly, while doing so. The cake had the typical Happy 17th Birthday Melody on it. It was white with red frosting and seventeen candles in the center. There was music notes across the cake as well. At the end, she took in a breath and blew out all of the candles, causing the smoke to raise to the ceiling and for Michael to turn the lights back on. "Birthday girl gets first slice." He said and got the knife. "I want the top left corner," Melody answered, considering it had the most frosting.

"Michael, you should tell us about the day Melody was created and born and that stuff." Ryan said as they were eating cake. "I'll tell you on how I found out Haylie was pregnant." Michael said before swallowed. "I came home from a short tour in New Zealand and Australia and some recording for a new album." Michael started. "I got off the tour bus, course being the first one off, and I swear I didn't even close the door all the way. Haylie cried out for me. She told me to come into the bathroom. Course, I go in there." He explained.

Melody a bit more interested in the story than the guys, since she'd never heard the story. "On the sink counter was three pregnancy tests, all with the same results- positive." Michael smiled. "Haylie told me and I lifted her up and kissed her from excitement. I called everyone. That night, we kept talking about what kind of parents we would be and how the guys and her family would be." Michael continued the story. "What did you want Melody to be, a boy or girl?" Vince asked. "Haylie wantes and was almost desperate to have a boy. I changed my mind every week." Michael answered. "What was my name going to be if I was a boy?" Melody asked. "It was either Nickolas James or if I got lucky, Kellin Michael, even though we had tried to sneek Alexander in most of the names. We wanted a music related name." Michael mentioned then looked like he hid something from the back of his head.

"Us trying to find out a name was the hardest thing ever. We couldn't agree with practically any girl names. So if we had a girl, we would pray never to have another girl because we used all of the good and agreeable names. Hence why you have such a long name." Michael explained. "What names did you come up with?" Melody questioned. "We both agreed on my Melody off the bat, no problem. Oh, one day I so much suggested Jalex as a middle name for Melody, and she nearly killed me. Haylie grabbed the closest thing to her, which was an empty RockStar can and threw it at me. Then had the look of murder in her eyes. It scared the shit out of me. She had anger issues because of her caffeine withdrawal, especially in the morning." Michael explained. "Melody Jalex Clifford." Danny said and shook his head. "Jalex," Ryan snorted and Melody glared at him.

Michael then hesitated and looked at the four teens in front of him. Realizing how Haylie would've loved them all like her own. He cleared his throat then. "We realized about the complications before Melody started to kick inside her. When Haylie found out, all was she wanted was for the baby inside of her body to live and be healthy, even if it meant that she did not alive or be healthy. Haylie, if she lived, she said that she wanted to know that..." He paused and refused to let the tears from his heart come to his eyes. "That you have people that will take care and love you, no matter what." He finished.

"We should watch home videos or something." Vince suggested, changing the subject. "I mean, it's probably one of the last birthday party for Melody. We should do something like that, I don't know, sorry." Vince ranted in addition. Michael smiled, "I think that's actually a good idea." He admitted. "No! That's an awful idea!" Melody denied. "I'll second Vince." Ryan smirked. Melody moaned and put her head on the table. "Sorry baby girl, you're out voted." Michael said before going to get some of the un-embarrassing videos and photo albums. Then stuck one on top of the box for later, when the boys weren't around.

"I thought I'd bring some that had you guys in them." Melody smirked as they sat on the couch.

The home movie began to play.

They had to be around eight or nine, all in the same living room that they were in the room. "Brrr, pew!" A young Ryan then made an immediation of an explosion of two LEGO cars. Then a little Melody had made one of the semi-tall LEGO towers fall onto the two cars. "You killed them!" Ryan cried out and lightly tackled Melody before Danny came in and pulled him off of Melody. They had made threatening noises, like they were two apes fighting over a banana.

"I bet I can still beat you at wrestling." Ryan stated as he watched his younger self pin a young Danny to the ground. "Okay, hot shot, let's go." Danny said and took off his sweatshirt. "Oh my God, why am I dating and friends with you guys?" Melody mentioned to herself. "Guys, you're not three feet and some, go outside." Michael mentioned and the pair of teenage boys walk outside. "What's the point of this?" Vince asked Melody as they went outside to watch the wrestling little match. "I honestly have no ideas to answer that." Melody replied as they sat on the bench as Ryan and Danny started to wrestle. "Did Danny forget that Ryan started on varsity last year for wrestling?" "He wasn't here. I guess he's going to find out soon." Melody answered.

It didn't take a full three minutes before Danny found himself planted on the ground and incapable to move under Ryan's grasp. "Do you give up?" Ryan panted, almost spitting. "Yeah, yeah I give." Danny panted back. "Don't you wish you were in that position?" Melody asked Vince with a wink. "I don't think I'm allowed to answer that." He replied with a smirk as the other two came walking back over to them. "Don't I get a victory kiss?" Ryan asked Vince with a huge grin on his face. He then turned his face, so his cheek was facing Vince's cheek. Vince licked his lips before placing a soft kiss on his cheek. "Such a pretty lady to get a kiss from." He smirked and winked at Vince before they went back into the house.

The night went on, and the teens had played truth or dare and would you rather. Then, they managed to begin watching a scary movie. Melody was snuggled up to Danny and had Ryan on the other side of her with him and Vince making comments throughout the movie. At the end, the young adults put in a funny movie and fell asleep tight and personally together under half a dozen blankets.