Storms

It was the middle of the night when Melody woken up by a boom and a flash of light from outside. She stood up with Spider-man in her arms as she watched the lighting strike. Her eyes watched with fascination and interest. "Wow," She whispered as the night sky quickly brightened then darkened. Melody quickly walked to the bathroom, grabbing her step stool, then coming back and putting it down in front of her window. "You stay, Spidey." Melody sternly whispered as she put him down on the corner of the bed. The little girl stood back on the step stool and unlocked the window, soon bringing it up. She put her elbows on the inside window thingy and put her chin in her hands, keeping an eye out for the lighting. "Get bright again," She whispered, looking at the dark, cloudy night sky. The sky obliged to her request, adding wind as well. That caused some of the rain to blow inside the house. She quietly giggled at it while covering her face. Thunder boomed again and she uncovered her eyes, waiting for lighting. "So pretty," Melody whispered as she thought about running outside into the stormy night. "Should I go?" She turned to her best friend and asked. He didn't respond, at least not out loud. 'No, your daddy would be mad.'
'But he wouldn't know,' She replied.
'It's bad," He stated.

Melody crossed her arms. "Fine. You win." She pouted, thinking of what else to do. "Melody, what are you doing up?" A groggy Michael asked at the entrance of her bedroom door. "Pwetty sky," She answered, pointing at the night sky. "Yes it is, but it's much prettier sky in the morning, so go back to bed." He mumbled, still not fully awake. "I can't sleep it's too pwetty." She argued. He groaned out of frustration and picked her up, and brought her in the kitchen, setting her on the counter. He poured his daughter a glass of milk, so he can sleep knowing she is. "Here, drink this." He stated and handed her the white drink. She grabbed it and quickly gulped it down. Her neck looked like how a fish would drink. "Done," She grinned with a milk mustache. He swiped off the rest of the milk before bringing her back to bed. "Can you read to me? Please Daddy?" Melody begged. Her being wrapped around Michael's finger, he did.

Once the night sky was quite and calm, Melody was fully asleep in her bed. Michael sighed and put away the few books that he read to her, closed the window and blinds, putting the step stool back in the bathroom. He didn't seem to know what was worse:a child afraid of storms, or one that wanted to run into one. He remembered when he was Melody's age and there was a storm he would run into his parents bed and sleep there for the rest of the night. "Crazy child," he whispered before going back to bed and sleep.

*Okay I know this kinda sucked, but I just needed filler chapters before a big chapter :) *