Football & Musical

*Weeks Later*

"I qualified for the American football team." Danny announced with a white smile at lunch. "What are you going to do?" Ryan asked. "Tackle guys, score, run." Danny replied. "Oh don't be so detailed please," Ryan joked. Danny chuckled. "When did you get this ambition?" Melody asked. "I played at my old school, I came here too late to play last year. I missed it, I guess." Danny explained. "So Mr. Rab is becoming a jack of all trades, basketball, choir, the play, and now football. What next?" Ryan remarked. "Honor role." He mentioned. "Don't forget your helmet then. Also don't turn into one of those jocks. I hate them." Ryan stated. "I promise, I won't. Never have been, never will." Danny answered. "When will you start playing?" Vince asked. "Next Friday, it'll be the first game." Danny remarked. "What number are you?" Vince asked. "Number sixty-three." He said. "Too bad it wasn't sixty-nine." Ryan laughed. "That could describe what you and Melody do." Ryan added with a chuckle. Melody glared and kicked him in the shin. "Damn, I love you too Melody." Ryan groaned with pain.

She got up and threw away her food before going to Ms. Wilson's room. She had been a little pissy this last week, she wasn't even on her mother of a bitch week. She sat down and laid her head on the desk.

"MJ? What's wrong?" Danny gently asked her as he came into the room. She didn't reply. He walked over to her then ran his hand up and down her back. "You know you can tell me anything that's on your mind." He said and kissed her temple. She raised her head and faced him, "Can you kiss me, like roughly, please? I think it might help my pissy mood." She stated. Danny smiled at first before kissing her how she wanted it. "You're so needy." He chuckled. She hummed before kissing him again. "Makes me happy though." She smiled. Danny hummed in agreement. "Especially when you get a bit rough with me." She whispered.

"Just wait until I tackle some guys and then after words, we can celebrate." He mentioned. Melody was taken a bit back, "Promise me that you won't get hurt." She spoke.
"I promise, they don't give me pads and an helmet for nothing." He laughed. "Hey, I have a question for you." He added. "What's that?" She asked. "Do you want to wear my jersey on next Friday? It's kinda a tradition for the girlfriend to wear the boyfriend's jersey." He mentioned. Melody nodded. "Yeah," she added and pushed back some of his hair. "I agree with Ryan, don't turn into one of those jocks. They're all cocky and have too high of a self-esteem. Not to mention how much of assholes and dumb asses they are." She told him. "I promise I won't, Melody." Danny said and adjusted them, so she was on his lap and he was on the chair. "Okay, but if you do turn into one of them, I have the right to knee you in the balls." She stated. "You can go ahead and do that, because I don't ever want to become one of them." Danny allowed and kissed her.

Melody rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, ready to fall asleep in his arms and on his lap. The bell rang and Melody stayed still. "Melody, MJ, get up. We got to go to choir." Danny requested. Melody shook her head and made a disagreeing noise. "Melody, Mel!" He called to her. "No and don't ever call me Mel again!" Melody let out an angry mutter. "You spoiled child." Danny said before standing up with a groan. "Come on football boy, get going." She encouraged him with slightly laughter. Danny then began to walk swiftly to the chorus room, glad it was on the first floor.

"I know you guys are love birds, but seriously?" Austin, a sophomore tenor, opened the door for them. "It's her fault, she's spoiled and tired." Melody let out a giggle after he spoke. "See, she even knows it!" Danny exclaimed and put her down in her spot before going to his.

Mr. Jacobs had came out of his office with a large box. "Good afternoon, class. I'm happy to announce that we are doing Peter Pan as a play this year. Here are the scripts, auditions will start next Monday after school, and sign ups are on the board and in the office for people outside of choir." He explained as he handed the scripts to everyone. "Unfortunately for freshman and sophomores, it does go by seniority. You can ask any senior, other than Danny Raab since he wasn't here his first two years, that they had to go through the same thing." He announced. Melody nodded, she remembers being the youngest Vabtrap child from her freshman year.

"We'll be performing the play in March. Yes, that is a while away, but it gives us time to memorize every land, get a stage crew, and etc. Plus we can do other music to add onto that. We do have a talent show in January too." Mr. Jacobs explained. "Mr. Jacobs, can I be Michael?" Melody took a second to remember that was the youngest child of the Darling family. "We'll see, Austin." Mr. Jacobs replied then took out a clipboard. "Daniel and William and Charles as Peter for auditions for Peter. Tanya, Isabelle, and Melody as Wendy Darling." "Mr. Jacobs, I won't be able to do the play this year. I'll help with sets, but not part." Tanya relief and Mr. Jacobs okayed it then continued down the line of who he wanted to be who.

"Melody," Mr. Jacobs stopped her from leaving his classroom. Melody went down the steps, "Yes, Mr. Jacobs?" She asked. "I was mistaken when I met you your freshman year, I must admit. I know Peter Pan isn't the most spectacular of all musicals. I was going to pick another, but another school picked it. I want you help make this play as majestic as let's say the The Phantom of the Opera. Because you, me, and all of the other people in this want this play to be at that level." He explained. "I completely understand, Mr. Jacobs." She agreed. "Here," he handed her a permission slip and music sheets, "since you are tentically a child still and to have them early won't hurt." Mr. Jacobs. "What's this for?" She questioned. "It's a permission slip for you to perform for the summer musical. It's for seniors, hence why you're just hearing of it. I and other directors of the area perform it with only one of our best actors or actresses and singers. I easily picked you. You're the most dedicated. It will help you get stuff for colleges." The choir teacher explained. "I'll think of it, Mr. Jacobs." Melody replied. "You may go now." He allowed. The student started to leave the room once more, "Oh and Melody," she was started to be happy that band was next door. "Yes," she looked at him. "Don't tell Danny."