Coming Home

*Skip the rest of the tour for writer's block*

*Jaycee's POV*

I woke up and went to Melody's room and saw her crying. This became a routine through the last two months. The little girl is just so attached to her father, this is just normal. "Hey sweetie. You wanna eat and watch a movie?" I asked her while rubbing her back. She sniffled and wipped the tears away and nodded. "Can I wear a Daddy shirt?" She asked sadly. "Of course, I'll go pick one out." I said and kissed her temple before going into Michael's closet. It could've been a lot bigger if a ton of boxes weren't in there. It was a pain sometimes to get something. My eye caught a glimpse of a blue flannel that was probably thrown to the back there. I got a hold of it and looked it over. The iconic Michael Clifford Idiot flannel that every Michael girl would get crazy over if he wore it. I closed the door and went back to Melody's room. "I found one, you haven't wore this one yet." I say soothingly. Her head popped up at my voice and nodded. "Okay, good. Now go get a back up outfit. I made her wear one under one of his shirts and if we were going anywhere, all I had to do is take off the way to big for her shirt off. I helped her change and put Michael's shirt on her tiny body.

"How many days until Daddy's home?" She asked softly, like every so many days. "Well sweetie, on Tuesday it was 3 and today is Saturday." She held up three fingers, "Wednesday," she put down a finger like I taught her these last 10 days. "Thursday," Melody put down another one. "Friday," Her eyes brightened as she realized that he's coming home! "DADDY COMING HOME!!!" Melody squealed and jumped in a circle. I laughed at her cuteness. "Yes, we're going to pick him up at the airport too." I added. She stopped and gasped, taking my hand, "WE GOTTA GO! DADDY'S WAITING!" She exclaimed and tried to drag me to the front door. "Sweetie, he's not coming until lunch time." I informed her. She dropped my hand and dropped her body, looking blankly at the wall all at once.

"Hey, don't do that. We'll see him soon, so let's eat and then get ready." I said and picked her up. "Can I have toster struddle?" She asked, disappointed, from not getting to see her daddy yet. "Yes," I answered. I put her down and she pouted on her small table. "Melody, can you count for me?" I asked, distracting her fot a while. I heard her sigh as I put the frozen food in the toaster. "One, two, three, four..." I noticed the dullness in her voice as she counted up to fifteen. I jumped as my phone rang in the living room. I got it and came back into the kitchen. I opened up the text from Michael. 'I'm on the plane home :)' It said. From where he was coming from, I lost track after a while, I knew it was going to be about four hours. He'll be home right about the time I said he would. I didn't tell Melody, because that'll be a repeat of a few minutes ago.

Just to let the time I let her pick out a few Disney movies before she fell asleep on the other side of the couch as me. I got myself ready to go to the airport as she slept on, in a deep sleep. I then beautified myself , to look presentable in front of people. I walked into the living room and saw Melody sitting up and watching the TV. I checked the time and noticed we should probably be leaving soon, thinking it would take about 20 minutes to get to the airport. "Melody, can you go put your shoes on please." She nodded and went to the pile of shoes and put on velcro tennis shoes. "Done." She stated and came back to me. "Alright let's go to the airport now. " I said and picked her up to the car.

I basically had to tell her every time that a landing plane it wasn't the ones that Michael was on because it wasn't the right place where they were coming from. I felt a vibration from my phone and opened the text from Michael, "Turn around." I stood up and turned around seeing him waving at me. I smiled and waved back. Melody looked at me like I was going crazy. I pointed at Michael and she looked over at him. Her eyes were the brightest I ever seen them. She sprinted her little legs over to him and hugged his legs, almost making him fall. I was amazed that she didn't trip over the shirt that was way to big for her. "Hi baby girl! I'm home now. Look who I brought back too." He says and bent down to her height. Michael eyes suddenly were locked on the over large shirt that was on Melody. He didn't say anything, just stared at the shirt like it was going to burn or kill him. "Daddy?" She softly questioned, afraid of the look her father made. He made a fake smile amd looked back at her and gave her a bear hug. "Oh, my favorite girl, I missed you and thought about you the whole time!" He exclaimed and kissed her cheek. "Did you get my hugs and kisses, Daddy?" Melody asked. "Every single billion kajillon! From every single day, hour, minute, and second!" Michael exclaimed, threw her in the air and caught her as she came down.