A Recovery Date

*Skip a Few Days*

"I set this up, just for you." Danny smiled as he brought her to his back yard, showing her the canopy tied up in between two trees. It had pillows on the canopy with blankets along with them. "You didn't-" "I didn't need to, I wanted to. I want to treat my MJ like she's a princess." Danny smiled and kissed her cheek. "I don't know how you come up with these things." She commented. "All I have to do is think of what would make you happy." He told her before picking her up, she let out a tiny scream and held onto his neck as she was carried bridal style to the canopy and laid her down on it and then joined her. Melody lightly laughed as she cuddled up to him.

"Time to lay claim to the evidence. Fingerprints sell me out but our footprints' washed away from the docks downtown. It's been getting late for days and I feel myself deserving of a little time off. We can kick it, hang for hours and just mouth off about the world and how we know it's going straight to hell. Pass me another bottle, honey, the Jager's so sweet but if it keeps you around, then I'm down." Danny sang to her. "Six feet Under the Stars, All Time Low," Melody mentioned. "Yeah, album So Wrong, it's Right." Danny added. Melody looked up at the stars and sighed, "I wish there were more stars to see." Melody mentioned. "One day we'll be able to see more." Danny replied. "Not in Sydney. I want to go in the country and see so many. Like we couldn't come close to counting them, lots." Melody explained.

"Melody, what do you want to do when you get out of high school?" Danny randomly asked. "Get the fuck out of this community, go to college, get a degree. I'm thinking that I want to do something with psychologically. I don't really know what else." Melody explained. "Nothing with music?" Her boyfriend honestly questioned. "I mean, I'll do like theater, band, and choir in college, but no. I don't really want to go into the music industry. If I do any career in music it will be a music teacher. I was raised to go into the music industry and I don't want to follow my dad's and uncle's footsteps. Hell, they didn't even graduate high school. No, no music industry after college." Melody strongly told him. "Why?" She asked with a soft voice. Danny shrugged. "I was kind of thinking about going into it." He commented. Melody's eyes widened with anger. "I'm sorry Danny, but if I hear how you want to become famous and shit, I'm leaving right now. I grew up with that shit and I'm not staying with someone who wants to repeat that to me." Melody angrily responded and started to get out of the canopy.

"Melody, wait, no! Let me at say what it is." Danny plead. "If it's any type of management, I'm done with this date." She stated. "No, I want to be a music engineer. You know the ones that make sure everything sounds right?" Danny told her. "Not the ones that go to concerts, right?" Melody asked with caution and her tone had softened. "No, no little MJ, the farest I'll go is the studio." Danny told her before she laid back down on the canopy with him. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." He gently told her and kissed her forehead. She happily hummed and they began to sway back forth on it. "I'm never going to leave you, Melody Anastasia." He said and grabbed something in his pocket. "In fact, Melody, I hope when you look at this ring, I hope it reminds you of my promise to never stop loving you and that I'll never leave you. Melody will you be my one day fiance and wife by wearing this promise ring?" Danny pulled out a silver ring that had a rose, which was similar to the one that was from the Beauty and the Beast, and held it out to eye view. Melody noticed his hand shaking as he held it. "Yes! Yes!" She exclaimed almost without a breath. Danny smiled with a breathy chuckle and placed it on her right forefinger before he held her face and kissed her. The kiss deepened within a minute before they pulled away and caught their breath. "I love you." She whispered. "I love you even more." He whispered back.

*Later*

Melody lightly shook as she snuggled up to Danny and the blankets curled up to her as she slept. "Let's get you inside." He whispered and picked her up and brought her inside the house then into his room. Danny pulled back his comforter and laid her down on his bed before joining her in the twin bed and pulled the comforter back onto them. Melody somehow managed to find her new pillow, Danny's chest, in her sleep and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders before falling asleep too.

*Morning.*

Melody woke up and smiled up at his sleeping and rubbed his chest. He lightly moaned his eyes opened. He then looked over and smiled at her. "Good morning, MJ." Danny said, gruffly. "Good morning bubby." She whispered back to him and kissed his cheek.

Danny rubbed her arm and she curled up more into him. Then his hand traveled further south to her hip. "Danny," Melody started before stopping herself and blushed. "What?" He asked. "Could we continue what he started at the hospital?" She asked. "Before we got interrupted by your nurse?" She made an agreeing hum. "Hopefully, my mum doesn't interrupt us." Danny said and kissed her roughly. Her hands tangled into his hair and he brought his to her cheek.

His tongue glazed her lips and she opened her mouth, granting him enterance. His hand that was on her cheek wandered, landing on her thigh and rubbed its inner side.

Then a knock appeared on the door and both of the teena groaned. Olivia walked into the room. "Good morning," she greeted them happily. Melody sneaked her right hand under the blanket. "No need to hide the ring dear, who did you think helped him pick it out." Olivia remarked. "Mum!" Danny exclaimed in protest. "What? I made you two breakfast." She mentioned and went out in the hall real quick before returning with two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon then two glasses of orange juice, putting them on the end table. "Thanks, Olivia." She mentioned. "It's no problem dear." Olivia answered before leaving the two to eat, leaving the door opened.