The Father

*Danny's POV, WTF*

"Aaron, get out of my house before I call the police!" Mommy yelled at someone. "Olivia, hear me out. I want to be part of yours and Danny's lives again. I'll-" Mummy cut the man off, "It's too late! You had three years to come back! You left us for a prostitute. Go back with her, you're not welcome or wanted here! Danny and and I can live without your disapproval or money or anything else you offer to us!" She shouted. "What about his father and a husband for you!" The man calmly spoke. "Daniel never had a father. He had a man who changed a few diapers and fed a few times before that man went off to his baseball career and never came back, after cheating on his family with a woman that wanted sex and money!" Mummy snapped. I slowly got out of bed with my teddy. I crept out of my bedroom to the end of the hall, just before the staircase. "Olivia, I came back to make things right, not worse." A man with sandy blonde hair that was taller than Mommy by about six inches. He wore blue jeans and a shirt that had sleeves that ended at his elbows. "Well, I think you made a stupid mistake then." She bitterly spoke.

"Bad word," I whispered. There was a harsh noise and the man turned his head my direction. He then walked towards me with a too straight teeth smile, by the time he's at the third step away from me, I whimpered. I looked over his shoulder to see Mommy holding her cheek. "Danny is it you?" I didn't reply. "You've grown so much from the last time I saw you." The man praised his brown eyes wandering over my body. "W-who are you?" I stuttered. "I'm your daddy, Daniel. I'm back now." He smiled at his reply.

"Daniel William come here." Mommy gently commanded. I nodded and ran past the man who told me he was my father. Mommy put me in her lap, facing her, she held the back of my head, so my face was in her shoulder. "Please Aaron, I'm begging you, please don't come back," Mommy begged. She sounded scared; I whimpered, thinking something bad would happen. "Fine, I will just because Danny should be in bed. I'll come back tomorrow." He said before grabbing his jacket and leaving.

Mommy let out a sigh as a car drove off. "Mommy, is he my daddy?" I asked, she nodded with tears in her eyes. "Yes, but he did mean things, so go to me or another adult that you know when you see him. If you can't find an adult, hide. Hide as best as you can. Do you understand?" I nodded, telling her I did. "Okay, go to my bed, I'll be there soon." She spoke, I obeyed her.

*3rd Person*

Olivia called up Michael, hoping not to wake him up. She just didn't want her ex in her son's life. "Please pick up," She whispered as she paced in the livingroom. "Hello?" Michael grumbled. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She apologized to him. "It's okay. So why did you call?"

"Um, is it okay if Danny comes over tomorrow? I know it's last minute, something came up just now. I don't want him to around when it's happening" She explained.

"Yeah, is everything okay?" He questioned, hearing the worry in the single mum's voice that she was trying to hide. "Yeah, my cousin died, and they're having a visitation tomorrow, and I don't want Danny to be there." She lied, Olivia didn't want to talk about sometimes abusive ex-husband. Then again, who would? It wasn't always like that though. Aaron used to be the sweetest and kindest man that would do anything for his wife. Some days he would just sit down for about an hour and compliment her nonstop. Then, about a month after Danny was born, he began to "work late" and come home drunk. When Olivia tried to confront him it turned violent. One night, he never came back and Olivia woke up to divorce papers.

"What time are you going to pick him up?" Michael asked, braking Olivia from her thoughts. "I, um, I don't know. It's a bit of a drive, and people will probably want to check up with me. She lied once more. "If it was comes down to it, could he stay the night? Again, I'm so sorry this is last minute." She didn't want anything to her boy. Danny was all she had. "Sure, just come pick him up before noon, I can't just show up to work with another kid." He remarked. "Oh, thank you so, so much." She took a breath of relief. "Yeah, no problem. Is that all?" He asked to make sure. "Yeah, I guess, I'll see you tomorrow then." Olivia exhaled. "Yeah, goodnight." He hung up. The single mom slept a little easier that night, but not peaceful enough for her to wake up every so often and make sure everything was okay.