Football Game

Melody was cautious as she walked on the home team's side. Her head was down, she had a black sweatshirt under Danny's away jersey and jeans with a pair of gloves. "Melody!" She paused at the yell of her name. "Come up here, you can sit with us!" Melody found the source of the yelling, her cousin Clare. Melody internally shrugged and walked up the bleachers to her and a few of her friends. Melody grabbed onto the promise ring and lightly kissed it without any of them noticing it and she placed it back on her finger.

"I found your boyfriend." Clare remarked and pointed at number 63, who was currently mastering jumping jacks and counting with his deep voice. Melody smiled at him, Danny looked more muscular with his football jersey and pads on. "He's all mine." Melody whispered. "He's very good. You wait until he tackles someone. If you weren't dating him, I'd be flirting with him." One of her friend said.

Melody watched the game and smiled brightly as she saw Danny run and score a touchdown. She noticed him being ecstatic, even when he had a helmet on. Soon defense went onto the field and number sixty-three came running over to her. "Did you see that, MJ?" He asked her with pure excitement. "Yeah!" She remarked. Danny took off his helmet and leaned up to her. His brown hair matted to his head from sweat, a few going down his forehead. "Can I get a victory kiss?" He puckered his lips and Melody kissed him. "Rab! Get over here!" One of the coaches yelled at him. Melody laughed and pushed him kiddingly away.

At the beginning of third quarter, Melody went and got a Pepsi before heading back. The crowd, players, coaches, everyone silent. Melody's eyes followed everyone else's. She acknowledged that the football players on both teams were on their knees and one player was near the forty yard line. A coach and referee were around a player. Melody looked over players and didn't spot her sixty-three. "Danny," she whispered and ran near the forty yard line, and it confirmed her thought.

"Daniel," she whispered again. "Can you get up, " the couch asked and she heard Danny say yeah. "Slowly, slowly," he said and the men helped him up. Melody noticed a bruise on his cheek and how his left leg limped. She was completely ready to run to him and hug him and kiss him and to hold him. Her hazel eyes had formed tears. All she wanted to do was to protect and make him feel safe and better like he did to her.

They put him on the bench and he held onto of the ledge of it. Melody couldn't help it, she ducked under the rope and jogged over to him. She knelt in front of him. "Melody, I'm gonna-" Danny started talking before he started swaying, "Coach!" Melody exclaimed just before she caught a hold of her boyfriend.

"Woah, Danny stay with us, man. Tell us a story, anything!" The coach exclaimed and called over the ambulance people. "I-I-" he started as the ambulance people put him on a stretcher.

"Let me go with," Melody looked at the paramedics with pleading eyes. "Any relations?" The parametric asked. "Only his girlfriend." She meekly spoke. "I'm sorry miss," the parametric replied before he and his partner rolled Danny into the ambulance.

Her hazel eyes filled with tears, "Danny," she whispered and went back to her cousin and her friends. "Awe, Melody, I'm sure he'll be fine." Clare cooed and hugged her. "I'm going to head home," Michael's daughter replied. "Okay, be careful." Clare said before Melody left, wiping her tears with her sweatshirt sleeves. "Yuck, what's the freak doing here?" It was Hannah. "Don't worry, I'm going home." Melody mumbled. "Good, no one wants you here. Even Danny, poor guy, he deserves someone better than a sad little mouse like you." Hannah bashed her verbally. "At least I'm not the bitch of the school, you slut!" Melody yelled and pushed passed her and she got in her car, driving home.

"Hey baby girl, you're home early." Michael pointed out. She nodded and yawned. "I got tired at the game, plus it was getting cold. I'm going to go to bed, Dad." Melody spoke and went to her room, closing the door.