Back Home

The doctor came in and announced the news everyone had been waiting for, "Melody can go home whenever she likes." Michael smiled brightly and didn't hesitate to sign her out of the hospital. Melody changed out of her gown and into her normal clothes. She laced up her converse and tied them. "All ready to go?" Michael asked from the door. Melody nodded and a male nurse brought in a wheelchair for her. He had curly brown hair and eyes.

Michael looked out of the door to the exit of the hospital and anger filled himself, bubbling like a witch's cauldron. There was nothing but paparazzi in view. "Wait here," Michael snapped and walked out to the crowd. "Get the fuck away! Go bother someone else! I want to get my girl home!" He yelled. They kept yelling ask questions, one of them was just getting closer with his phone on a video recording. "Get the fuck away from me before I punch you in the face!" Michael yelled in a warning. The pap didn't listen. "Last warning prick." Michael warned. "How did Melody get in the hospital?" The pap asked in a teasing voice. Michael had it, Wham! The pap had a bloody nose and broken phone. Michael wiped his knuckle on his jeans. "I'm done with your paparazzi shit! You can write whatever you want about me, but not my daughter! I'm out of 5SOS, so leave my family alone!" Michael screamed. Most of the crowd back away, "Just go home!" He exclaimed in a tired voice. The paparazzi left and Michael sighed, he wanted to kill them. They had no right. It reminded him of Ashton's Christmas in 2015 with his family. They just loved to cross lines and bubbles and push buttons. He came back in the hospital, taking his girl and bringing her home.

For Michael, it felt like the first day he brought Melody home from when she was a baby, a day old to be exact. For Melody, it was frustrated when she looked at the house and got glitches of memories, but couldn't remember all of them. She carefully stepped up into the house. Memories hit her like a baseball in the face. She remembered giggling as she decorated Christmas cookies with Jaycee and all of the times her father went on tour. The hardest hug and kiss and 'I love you' were the last one before he walk outside of the door and it didn't get any easier until she was in Jr. High.

Melody kept walking forward to the living room and remember the cuddling and nap sessions on the couch with her uncles or dad when she was eleven and under. Her hazel eyes grazed over to the acoustic guitar on a stand in the corner. It had black tape on it sideways with a 'M.A.L.C.' on it. She slowly walked over to it, as if she was afraid like it was going to bite her. "Is this mine?" She asked curiously, touching the tuners. "Yeah, got all of your initials on it. Melody Anastasia Lyric Clifford, M.A.L.C. When your mum and I were picking out names, we picked that for a girl and one night she woke me up hitting me. Then she said, 'Her initials are all if your band member's first initials put together.'" He chuckled at the memory. She slightly nodded at him, "Do I look like her, mum, I mean?" Melody questioned with only curiosity filing her voice. "You look closer and beautiful like her everyday." He answered and could see most of Haylie in her right there: the position she stood in, her brown hair pulled back in a ponytail, and her slight nervous habit of playing with her fingers. Melody took a seat on the couch and looked at the 5SOS family picture on the end table, moved from the wall. Her eyes crossed all of the faces and tried to remember the names, but they weren't coming to her. "Don't pressure yourself so hard." Michael gently said, he never felt so cautious in years with her.

*That Night*

"You're so ugly that a troll is beautiful compared to you. I don't understand how your a slut, did you pay Ryan and Vince to fuck you?!"

"Your whole family hates you and think you're a disgrace and disappointment! Your dad hates you the most! You were the reason why your mum died and I bet he wanted you to die!"

"He should've let you die you're useless, you can barely talk five words before you start to stutter or mutter!
How did your dad make you, he's brilliant, but you're nothing!"

"You were never wanted! You should slice your wrists and if that doesn't kill you, use a gun or run in front of a car since pills never worked! No one loves you!"

"Do it! You know that you're nothing!"

"You're a laughing stock! None of your dad's fans even liked you, he was forced out of the band because of you."

Melody woke with tears, the voices love to taunt her in her sleep. Her dark and silent room made her feel uneased. She didn't want to fall back asleep in the room. Melody slowly got out of bed and walked down the hallway. The door was open, greeting anyone who wishes to come in it. She bit her lip and hesitantly walked into the room. "Daddy," She whispered, seeing if he was awake. Michael didn't move, not one inch. Melody slyly continued to take steps to the bed. Melody slowly got in the bed. It was childish, yes, but she had to feel comfort.

As if he knew in his sleep, Michael opened his arm, letting her cuddle into him. "What's wrong baby girl?" Michael asked in a mumble. "The voices," she whispered. "Never listen to the voices baby, they always lie." He comforted her and kissed her forehead and stroke her brown hair softly. "But why are they so strong?" She asked, letting a tear slip. "I don't know, but they are wrong in every single way." Michael told her and kissed her temple. "C-Can you s-sing to me?" She stuttered. "That's my job," He whispered and sang Wherever you are.

She felt warm, something she hadn't felt from her father in a long time. "You're my baby girl and I'll always love you, no matter what." He whispered and pressed a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'll always love you." Michael whispered, noticing his daughter fell asleep. Not in a creepy way, Michael watched her sleep, peacefully sleeping just like she had when she was a baby. "You're perfect baby girl, perfect for anyone that can see it." Michael whispered and softly kissed her forehead. "I love you." Michael closed his eyes and fell back asleep.