Happy Birthday Melody

*August 3rd--Sorry this may suck*

"Daddy, wake up, wake up! It's my birthday today! Wake up! I'm three today!" Melody exclaimed as she jumped on the bed beside Michael. He groaned and rolled to his side, "No you're not, you're still my baby girl." She sighed and sat down by him. "Daddy I'm big girl now! I'm three! Get up!" She exclaimed and shook his arm. He groaned once more, "Alright birthday girl, what do you want for breakfast?" She didn't even have to think, "Blueberry pancakes with apple juice.

*Time Skip*

Calum was the first to show up. "Hey birthday girl, how old are you now, 16?" He greeted Melody as he picked her up. She giggled and shook her head, "I'm three!" She said and held up three fingers. "Are you sure? I think you're lying." He smirked. She giggled and hid her face in his neck. "Happy birthday,"

*Michael's POV*

Her eyes grimmed as she saw the presents in front of her. "Okay baby girl, go pick one out." I said, motioning to the presents. She got a lot of toys, but really why not give a three year old toys, we all know they don't really care about clothing quite yet. When they do, God help us to pick out the right stuff. She seemed to get really excited when she opened up a big box and kits of LEGOS from her uncles. "Daddy look! It's the police station one!" She declared since that's the one she really wanted. "Say thank you to Uncle Ash and Ella." I said and she did as she was told. Calum, being the one that spoils Melody the most, got her a racecar track and Luke finished that off with a Hot Wheel car set. "Calum, can we play with this after cake?" She asked, holding up the gift. "Whenever you want to play with sweets." Calum replied happily.

What can I say, my little girl is a tomboy. My mom asked me repeatedly if I was positive about not giving her girly toys like Barbies and baby doll, and I repeatedly told her yes, she would run a toy monster truck over the Barbie and though the baby doll out the window. I couldn't help but smile on the inside.

Eventually she got to the gift that I deeply thought about. "Be careful with this one sweets." I softly said and put her in my lap and helped unwrap it. "Daddy, what is it?" She asked as she looked at the box. "Here, let me open it up." I said and opened the lid, revealing a music box. I saw my daughter's hazel eyes look at it with fascination with the object in my hands, never seeing one before. "Now watch this." I said and winded up the silver object. It soon played the acoustic version of "Wherever you are." I looked at her intensely listen to the song that came from her present. "Now when I'm gone, you can still listen to me and your uncles sing before you go to bed." I happily said and kissed her head. "Do you like it?" She looked up at me with a big smile, "I love it, Daddy! Thank you!" She exclaimed. I smiled, "You're welcome," I states and kissed her forehead. "Okay, not to be rude, but I'm hungry and I'm done with the cute stuff, can we eat already?!" Luke exclaimed. I chuckled, "Sure Luke, but you'll get the last slice." I teased, getting up and handed Melody to Calum.

I grabbed the birthday girl's Blue's Clues birthday cake from the fridge and three candles from a drawer. The boys, my parents, Ella and Shelby and Jaycee sang "Happy Birthday" to Melody as I lit the candles for her to blow out. "Don't spit on the cake please." Luke said as Melody prepared herself like it was the hardest challenge in the world. "Make a wish," I said and kissed her temple before she blew out every candle in one blow. We all ate after I cut it into equal pieces. My daughter still had one more present. I already had this planned out in my head, and it was falling in place. "Melody, I have another present for you." I smiled with pride. "Really?" She excitedly said. "Yeah, now let's go see it." I encouraged. "Okay," She said and followed me. I led her to the opened garage. "Daddy, why is my present out here?" She asked, looking up at me. "You'll see," I stated and walked to the opening of the garage door. There was a new red and yellow tricycle. Melody gasped as her eyes went wide in excitement. "Daddy, is it for me?" She exclaimed, almost jumping. "Of course it is! Now go try it out," I remarked. I got her a helmet, but I have faith in my child. Plus, it's a tricycle, it's idiot proof. Melody quickly got the three-wheeled bike correctly. "Now peddle." I told her, knowing someone was on the porch recording this milestone from the side. "Okay," Melody said a bit unsure. She obeyed me, easily getting the hang of it. "Daddy look! I'm doing it!" She cheered. "Yes you are baby girl, keep going!" I exclaimed as she sped up, making me walk faster to keep up with my little girl, not missing any of this. Neither of us could get the smiles to go away. We finally got to the end of the driveway, where she stopped. "Now turn around, Melody." I told her. She looked up at me with sad eyes, "How?" She asked disappointed in herself not knowing. I bent down and showed her how to turn the handles for the front wheel to turn. She took it from there back to the garage. "I did, I did it!" She cheered. I smiled brightly. "Yes you did Melody. You did it marvelously." I gushed while picking her up in my arms. "Now it's time for bath and then bed." I confirmed, knowing that most of the guests will be leaving soon. "Nooo, too early." She whined. "Yes you are. End of story." I stated and walked into the house. "But I'm not tired." She complained. "But you will be." I said.