Ryan

The knock on the door had Melody sat up and cross her legs in the bed. A teen boy about her age with dark red hair and brown eyes came in with a small photo album. "Hey Ms. Musician, how you doing?" He asked with a smile like as if nothing had even happened from when he last saw her.

Melody gave him a questioning look. "I'm sorry, but um who are you? Doctors say I lost a lot of memories cause of the amount of drugs I took." She apologized and explained. "Yeah, I know," he said and scratched the back of his neck. "I'm Ryan. We've been friends since Pre-K. I'm the funny one. You call me your brother. I'll explain all of it. I brought this to kinda help too." He said and walked over to her bed. "Do you mind if I sit here l?" Ryan asked as he patted the foot of the bed.

"Well, would the me before the whole coma deal mind?" Melody asked. "No, I would've already climbed on." Ryan answered. "Then, go ahead. Everyone is tip toeing around me and it's really annoying. I don't get it, can't people just treat me like I was before this. It probably would help me remember too." Melody explained flustered as Ryan climbed on the bed, facing her. "Yeah, it's just hard knowing that you don't know. Plus, you're dad is probably extra careful because he doesn't want to make the same mistakes that he did. He doesn't want to become father, that's what you called him when you were mad at him, again." Ryan spoke. "What would he do that would make me call him father?" Melody asked. "Mainly because of you doing something involving his band." He answered. "Oh." Melody replied. "Yeah." Ryan shortly said.

He put the photo album in between them. Unfortunately, his sister got a hold of it when she was younger and had used puffy pink paint that said Ryan is a pretty boy! "I didn't do that. That was my sister. I am pretty though." He smirked and batted his eyes like a beauty queen. She lightly chuckled at him.

He opened the photo album. "I can't believe my mum kept some of these pictures." He flipped a few pages and then spotted preschool pictures. "Look how cute we were. My God, puberty hit me good." Ryan remarked. It was a class picture. The small group of four was in the front. Melody and Danny were in the middle, Ryan next to Melody, Vince next to Danny. The teenagers couldn't help to see how their cheeks had became not so chubby and how Ryan's hair darkened a bit. Then Ryan smirked at a memory. "What?" Melody asked. "I just remembered the morning after Danny's birthday party, Vince and I made fun of him because your dad basically cock blocked him. In preschool." He laughed. She smiled and shook her head.

Ryan noticed a picture of the four of them on their bikes. "I remember we helped your dad when it came to you ride your bike without the training wheels. We literally went to the end of the road and had to encourage you the whole time."

"I don't know about this, Daddy." Seven year old Melody mentioned as Michael took off her training wheels from her sky blue bike. "I'm going to be right behind you, don't worry. Plus your friends will help you too." He encouraged her. Melody gulped, but nodded as they got to the street. Her friends at the corner of it. "I promise you can do it." Michael told her as she got on the bike. "Come on, Melody!" Danny exclaimed. Melody nodded and heavily breathed. She gripped tightly onto the handles and Michael held the seat before Melody started peddling down the street. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest. Michael, without letting her know, let go and she continued down the street. "You're doing it Melody!" Vince remarked. A bright smile was worn on her face. "She's doing it." Michael whispered. "I'm doing it!" She declared and made the turn at the end of the road before skidding and fell. Ryan was first to retreat from his bike and help her up onto her feet. Her right knee and elbow was scraped up, enough for them to bleed a bit. "You did marvelously. You did better than Vince, he ran into a tree. Plus, now you're the toughest girl in our class and Hannah will go cry about it." Ryan remarked as he noticed that Melody wasn't crying. She laughed at him and ruffled his hair. "Melody, baby girl, are you okay?" Michael asked, after running to get her.

"I hate this picture." Ryan said and pointed at a picture that had to be them from junior high. "Why?" Melody asked as she looked at the picture. "I look like a dork. I still had my bucky teeth with braces. Vince also had puberty hitting him so he looked better than me in it." He explained.

It was a picture from their eighth grade dance. Melody had her hair straighten and was in the middle between the two boys. She wore a strapless black high low dress. She had her arms around Vince's and Ryan's waist. Ryan was on her right, he had his arm wrapped around her shoulders, he was slightly squinting because the sun was facing them. Ryan had dress pants and a white button up with a black bow tye. Ryan was right, he kinda did look like a geek. Vince had his darkening brown hair standing up, he had sunglasses, his teeth were perfectly white and he wore the same thing as Ryan, but pulled it off more. He too had his arm around Melody's shoulders. "The best thing about that night was that I got my first kiss, Sherry Higgins, even let me get a little tongue in there." He winked. "Okay, leave it be. I don't want to hear it." She pushed on his chest. "It's not like I'm talking to you about how I took my girlfriend's virginity. Just an innocent kiss." He explained. "You're naughty." She chuckled. "Nah, I'm just a teenage boy with a horny dick. Now if any horny dick comes after you, I'll cut it off." He told her. "Yeah and I'll get to ace math, let's stick with reality here." She scarcassticly remarked.

There was a knock on the hospital door. "Glad to see that you're not kissing anyone this time." Melody's nurse chucked as she walked in. Ryan gave Melody a wide eyed look. "I'm going to kill Danny." Ryan stated. "No you won't." She replied as the nurse took the cuff on her.

"When will you be back in school?" Ryan asked after another hour of being with her. She shrugged. "I'll ask the doctor and I'll let you know." She answered. "Alright, behave, I'll see you later." Ryan said before leaving.