Morning Meetings

To discuss 5SOS's next album, they guys and John decided to have breakfast at Michael's, since it's been pushed off for a longer than they wanted. Michael had completely forgot to tell his daughter this after he got off of work and had to pick her up from school and have dinner.

So it was a complete, utter, and shocking surprise for Melody when she woke up and heard talking. She grabbed both Spidey and Daniel before getting out of bed and adventuring to the end of the hall. The small, suspicious girl stopped at the end and peered around the corner to the kitchen. Her hazel eyes spotted her uncles and an unfamiliar man. She had met John before, it's just been a long enough time for her to forget what he looked like or even was. John was facing away from the heir of Michael Clifford, and her uncles and daddy were all busy talking something with rhythm of a song. Melody didn't say a word as she slowly and silently crept towards the group of men.

Apparently, she wasn't quiet enough when John spoke out of conversation. "Uh, oh, I hear pitter patter," he said in a teasing way before turning around in his seat. "Is this the same, little Melody from the last time I saw her?" He said in a soft and amazed voice. Melody froze from head to toe. She was caught. The other guys took notice of her too. "Sure is," Michael remarked. "She turned into a real beauty, hasn't she. Last time I saw her she was barely talking and walking." John commented. "Yeah, she came a long ways since then for the walking. She's still a shy one." Calum smiled. "Well, come here little one." John remarked and opened his arms to her. Melody looked at her dad for approval. "Nothing to be afraid of," Michael told her, catching her look. Melody shyly walked over to John and was quickly brought to his lap. "Hi Melody, do you remember me?" She shook her head, looking like he might kill her. "No, well I'm the one that helps your daddy and uncles making music. I'm John." He explained happily. That was enough time on John's lap, for Melody.

She gave Michael big puppy eyes and pout, slightly whimpering too. "Do you want to go to Daddy?" John asked, and Melody nodded urgently. The man sighed before putting her down. She quickly ran to Michael and felt better being in Mikey's lap than anyone else's. "Oh, was John scaring you?" Michael remarked. Melody nodded and got closer to Michael's stomach. "Yeah, he's just a scary man isn't he?" His daughter nodded again. "Daddy is here to protect you and keep you safe." Michael kissed the top of her head. "Hungry," she commented and put Daniel on the table.

"Uncle Cal, will you be a lamb and get a bowl of cereal for your precious little niece?" Michael asked with a sweet and innocent voice. "Anything for my favorite niece." Calum smiled before obeying Michael. "What do you say to uncle Cal," Michael whispered to his daughter as Calum set the bowl in front of the pair. "Thank you, Uncle Calum." Melody smiled before eating the Lucky Charms. Melody ate as the men worked on the music. When she was silent and curled into his stomach.

"Melody, why don't you go quietly play." Mikey suggested. She pouted, but went into the living room and played with the LEGO Police Station. 

The working on the songs for the fourth album. It had been about two hours and Melody was kinda getting restless, not knowing what to do anymore. She built about an entire town with her other Legos and blocks and had played with her racecars and track and with Spidey and Daniel. "Okay, I'm taking a break and going to entertain Melody." Luke declared  and walked over to his niece. She was just putting one block on another with a bored look. "Hey Melody, you bored too?" He asked as he sat with his legs crossed next to her. Melody nodded and made a horse noise. Luke smirked and knocked down one of her block tower. "Luke! Don't be a Godzilla to my daughter's town!" Michael yelled at the youngest band member. "Be nice and read her a book or something." Michael called again. "Fine!" Luke groaned and got up, going to Melody's room. He grabbed the book that was slightly dusty and pulled it out, wiping the dust off of the red book. He opened it up to see under the title, L is for London, were the handwritten words

To: Eliot James Clifford
From: Mummy and Daddy

Luke wasn't going to bring it up, but he was going to read it to his niece. The tall blonde walked back into the living room and began to read to her on the couch. Melody leaned against Luke with Daniel in her hands. Both of them were fighting sleep at the end of the book, but Melody lost before Luke. Not long after he got done reading, Luke fell asleep on the couch as well.

It was quiet, other than the four men working before what sounded like someone not being able to stay still. None of the men working on a song was moving, so Michael sat up higher and noticed his daughter kicking her tiny legs and rotating side to side quickly like she was trying to get away from someone. That was a big red sign for Michael. "Hold on," Michael said and quickly walked over to his small daughter and picked her up, holding her tightly. Melody must have woken up from this, since she was crying too hard to be asleep. "Shhh, shh, Daddy's here. It's okay. Daddy's gotcha." Michael bounced her softly and patted her back. "It was only a dream, baby girl." Michael spoke in a comforting way. After so many sniffing and Michael bit wanting snot on his shoulder, Michael brought Melody to the kitchen and set her on the counter. "Here babe, blow," Michael put a kleenex under her nose. Melody took a deep breath before blowing her nose. "That's better," Michael commented and wiped up some from under her nose. "There, do you wanna?" Michael asked as he picked her up again. Melody nodded. "Who do you want to cuddle with?" Michael asked. She pointed at Calum. "Wanna cuddle with Uncle Cal," She nodded again. "Come here sweetheart," Calum smiled and opened his arms to her. Michael gave her to Cal. It didn't bother Michael, Cal has been staying at their house, so he was a second dad to Melody. It was also a bonus that Melody could truly open up to more than just her daddy. "Uncle Cal to the rescue," he remarked. "Come on, let's go talk about what happened in your room, okay." He gently told her before going that direction.

"Poor kid," John commented from what he just witnessed. "At least once a month." Michael spoke. "I don't understand why." He added.

"Okay sweetheart, I think we both know the drill. Tell Uncle Cally what happened." He mentioned and put Melody on lap, pulling a blanket up halfway on them. Melody grabbed Daniel and began to talk. "Daddy left and didn't come back. A bad man came into the house and did bad things." Melody explained. "Like what kind of bad things?" Calum asked and held her a little tighter. "He broke a lot of things, a-and h-he p-put his h-hands..." She turned around and put her tiny hands on his neck. Calum admittedly brought her into a tight hug. "That's never going to happen.  No one will ever do that to you. Do you understand? It will never happen." Calum gently kissed her head. "I love you." He whispered. "Love you too uncle Cal," She cuddled into his chest. "Now let's go watch TV, okay." She nodded.

Melody snuggled into his side and eventually got bored and attempted to tickle her uncle. "What are you doing silly? Are you trying to tickle me?" Calum laughed. Melody giggled with a nod. "Didn't you know I'm not ticklish, but I know someone who is." Calum smirked before tickling the little girl.  "Stop!" Melody cried and tried to wiggle her way out of Calum's grasp. Melody grabbed Luke's leg and tried to climb up it. "Oh no you don't." Calum smirked and pulled her into his lap. "Daddy! Help!" She yelled with laughter. "I'll save you!" Michael exclaimed and ran over to her and scoped out of Calum's grasp. "My hero!" Melody exclaimed and held onto him. "I'll always be your super hero." Michael kissed the top of her head.

The guys then started writing again and had Beauty and the Beast playing for Melody. They'd finished three songs before they left. "Bye munchkin," Luke gave her a fist bump before leaving. "Bye Uncle Luke." She said. "Bye little cutie," John ruffled her hair before her waving at him before he left. Ashton pulled her into a hug, "Bye little love," he kissed her forehead then leaving. Calum came over to her and repeated what he did before he left v the other day, but this time he let her get the down low one. "Too slow!" She cheered with a bright smile. "Yes, I was too slow wasn't I," he shook his head and pulled her into a hug. "Love you Uncle Calum," She said in the most adorable voice. "Love you too, sweetheart." Calum smiled and left.

*Just a lot of...Little Malum??? Love!  I hope this melts Calum girl's heart!*