Park Date

Ashley and Calum have been dating for about three months, the fans still weren't sure who this mystery girl is. This being announced ment being in a serious relationship, by getting another step up. That meaning more than dinner and movie dates with sex. So that came to babysitting Melody to bring her to the park. He pulled up in Michael's driveway, "Are you sure about this?" He asked as he parked the car. Melody only met Ashley a few times and was still timid around her. Being as she dressed differently from Ella and Shelby, normally a Dr. Who shirt or some sort of anima or band shirt with blue jeans. "Yes, now let's go." She said confidentially as she got out of the car and walked to the front door of the single story house.

Calum sighed as he followed her and knocked on the door. "Coming!" Michael called, "You can come in!" He added. Calum opened the door and they sat in the living room. "Was this once a plan as a starter home?" Ashley whispered to Calum. "Yeah, Michael and his wife said once they had more than one kid or they just wanted a bigger place they would move, but you know happened." He answered in a whisper as well. Ashley knew about the situation with Michael's wife. They didn't want another Shelby incident...*what happened at the airport* "Oh, has it changed much?" Ashley never really been in the house, so she was just curious. "Michael put down the photos of her after a while." He stated with a shrug. "It was a struggle to get-"

"MELODY, COME BACK HERE!" Michael exclaimed, still getting Melody ready. Calum chuckled, "The struggle of children." Ashley turned to him, "You were probably one of those children that ran naked in the house." She laughed, "Oh wait, you still do."
"I turned out just fine." She sighed and shook her head jokingly. "There, you're free," Michael sighed.

Melody toddler-ran then stopped at the hallway corner, seeing Ashley. "Why did you stop? There's nothing to be afraid of." Michael asked as he walked to the opening to the living and kitchen. "I didn't struggle putting your hair in a braid for nothing." He commented and picked her up for her to quickly hide her face in his neck. "You know Melody, one day you really need to get over this shyness." He said and got a lick on the cheek for that. "Ew, ew, okay, you win." He complained and wiped away the spit from her tongue.

"Terrible threes?" Ashley asked. Melody burrowed deeper into Michael at the unfamiliar voice. "Hey silly, it's Ashley!" He exclaimed and Melody looked at him like she never met her before. He huffed, "You're going to the park with Calum and Ashley!" Michael remarked. She whimpered quietly, being terribly stubborn.

"Melody," Calum joyfully said and tickled her sides, slowly taking her in his arms, "I love you." he said, having her in his arms. "Scary," Melody mumbled into his ear. "What are you talking about? There's nothing to be scared of." He replied, almost chirpy. "Just you take with," Melody muttered to him. "Don't be mean, she's nice. If she was mean, I wouldn't have you meet her. Come on, give her a chance. For me?" He made puppy dog eyes at her. She looked between him and his girlfriend, she sighed in defeat and crossed her arms before nodding. "Thank you," Calum said in a cutesy voice and kissed her cheek. Melody wrapped her small arms around his neck and hid her face in the crook of it. "Say goodbye to Daddy before we go." Calum said, having his niece escape his neck and kissing Michael before waving goodbye. "Don't have too much fun without me." Michael said as they left the house.

Calum struggled when he tried to buckled Melody in her car seat. "How da-" He cut himself off before he taught Michael's daughter a bad word. "Ashley, do you know how to work this evil thing?" Melody giggled at her uncle's frustration. "Oh, you think this is funny, don't you," Calum teased and she nodded while laughing. "You know what else is funny?" He asked. Melody pointed at him. "You think I'm funny, just wait, I think the tickle monster is coming!" He ensued and wiggled his fingers in front of her. "No!" Melody exclaimed, hugging her stomach, so he couldn't get to it. "I think he's getting closer," He teased and brought his fingers closer to her sides. "No he isn't!" She hugged herself tighter. "Uh-Oh, I think he's here!" Calum announced before managing to get past her arms and tickling her. "St-top!" She cried cried as she laughed. Calum laughed at her adorableness as she squirmed underneath him. Somehow with Ashley's help, they got Melody buckled.

They finally got to the colorful park. Calum and Ashley sat on a park bench as Melody ran around on the park. Calum noticed she kept playing with a boy with brown hair and blue eyes. He was a bit taller than her, but no more than three inches. They ran across the bridge with her holding his hand before they both go down the slide together before running over in front of them.

"Hi Melody, who's little friend?" Calum asked. Melody let out a little giggle before answering with, "This is Danny, my boyfriend." Calum's eyes went wide, "Did you meet him before today?" He asked quickly. "Yup, we go to school together." Danny piped up to the question. "Does your dad know about this Melody?" Calum asked. Melody smiled and swayed while shaking her head. "Shh, can't tell." She said and put her finger on her lips. Both of the adults chuckled, "Okay, I won't, but," he dragged the last word. "But what?" Melody pouted. "Come here," He said as well as using a hand motion, she obeyed. He leaned up to her ear, "You tell Ashley that I love her." He whispered to her. "Okay," She chirped. Melody turned to Ashley, "Calum says he loves you." She sweetly said. Ashley smiled and giggled a bit at her cuteness. "How you tell Calum that he is the sweetest man I ever met." She grinned. Melody obeyed then asked, "Will you not tell Daddy now?" Calum made a thinking face, "No, I don't think so," Calum did this just to tease the poor girl. "Can I be your favorite uncle, then we have a deal?" He pointed out. "Yes," Melody made a strong nod and firm answer.

"Okay, now I won't, so go run along and make-out or something." Calum joked before they ran back on the playground. "Make out? You're going to be the uncle that gives condoms and birth control pills for Christmas when they get older, aren't you?" Ashley joked, trying to make sure no one heard her and then get banned from the park. "If that's what they want, sure. At least they'll be safe." He shrugged. "True," She hummed. They sat and watched them with Calum's arm around her shoulders. "I've barely seen Melody so happy." He said as he saw Melody and Danny swinging on the swings together. "They're cute. They'll probably be best friends for a long time." Ashley replied. "No, they're boyfriend and girlfriend, remember." Calum laughed. "Michael did say he saw Melody kiss him." He gossip. "Awe, that's adorable." She cooed at the thought. "Michael hopes she doesn't kiss the other boys she's friends with and become the pre-K hoe." Ashley covered her mouth as she laughed. "I don't think that'll happen." She smiled after she stopped laughing. Calum shrugged, "Who knows, maybe by high school she'll be having a four-some with all of them." Ashley shook her head, "Before we get banned from this park we should stop talking about your best friend's daughter." She ensued.

"Good point, what would you think our kids will be like?" Ashley was taken aback by this. They never talked about marriage let alone children. "Where did that come from?" She asked, a bit harsh. "Well, if we can't talk about Melody, so why not our future kids?" Calum replied. "Calum, I think it's a bit too early to talk about kids." She firmly stated. He stayed quiet for a while before checking the time, 1 pm. "I think we should go and get lunch now. I'll go get Melody." He said before standing up and running after her. He finally got her after catching her off the slide. "Gotcha," He cheered and lifted her up on his shoulders.

During lunch at Olive Garden, Calum played the games and helped color with Melody on her kid's menu before they got their food. "Yummy," Melody happily mumbled with max & cheese in her mouth. "Melody, don't eat with food in your mouth." Calum scolded. His niece swallowed the food and apologized.

*Skip to being Dropped off*

The tiny girl was practically asleep when they got back to Michael's. "Could you open the door for me please?" Calum whispered, referring to his hands and arms full of Melody. Ashley nodded and opened the door. Melody's uncle went straight to business and tucked her in bed. "Thanks for taking her." Michael quietly said. "It was no problem." Calum replied before walking out of the room. "How was she?"
"She was Melody, so doing whatever she wanted without getting into trouble." Calum simply answered. "Sounds like my daughter. I'm afraid she'll be the most rebellious teenager."
"Probably not, she'll probably be a different version of you." Calum responded.
"I secretly hope not, high school sucked for me." He spoke, with almost hate coming out of his mouth.
"She has a long time. We'll see what happens." Calum said.
"Yeah, see ya Calum." He said before Calum and Ashley left.