Pre-School

*Michael's POV*

I groaned, hitting the alarm clock, why does this feel like I'm in high school again? And why did that sound like a beginning of a fan fiction? Don't ask how I know that. I literally rolled out of bed. I got myself ready to be judged by the other parents by wearing a leather jacket, band tee, and black skinny jeans.

I walked down the hallway to Melody's room, and shook her arm to wake up. She moaned and rolled over. "Not today sleepy head. We gotta get you to school." I said and picked her up to the outfit I picked out yesterday for her. I put her in a red and black flannel with a pleather jacket and blue jeans. So other than the jeans, I basically dressed her like Luke. "What do you want for breakfast?" She rubbed her eyes, "Scrabbled eggs." My daughter said. I noticed her being more quiet than a normal day. "Okay. Now, let's do your hair. I got her in the bathroom, putting her hair in a ponytail. I could never be able to do a braid. "There you go, baby girl." I smiled as I look at her brown hair was in the center of the back of her hair with out a strain missed.

I fed her then had her use the bathroom and brushed her teeth. "Daddy, can I bring Spidey with me?" Melody looked up with pleading, sad eyes. I bent down to her height, "How about this, we'll put him your book bag and if you need him you have him? Does that sound good?" She nodded her head. "Good. Now go get them." I said and lightly pushed her towards the hallway.

"Oh damn," I whispered. This day should be years coming, not today.

I went to her room, and noticed that she was cuddling with Daniel and Spider-man under the covers. "Melody, come on, we have to go." I said, trying to be excited. "No." She muffled, I think close to tears. "It's fun, I promise. Now let's get going." I said, trying to make myself it was better for her and trying to pick her up, but for once in her life she did not want to be in my arms. She scurried around the bed, but I easily got her. I grabbed her super hero backpack then put Spider-man bear in it. "Remember Spidey's powers, don't you?" I asked. "Yes Daddy." She muttered sadly. "Why do have to go?" She asked sadly. "Because you need to learn." Melody pouted with tears threatening to escape. "Don't give me that look. You'll be fine. It'll be fun. You'll play games, read, draw, and write. Doesn't that sound fun?" She shook her head. "You're just saying that." I teased, heading to the garage. "Nothing fun without Daddy." She whimpered and hugged my neck. I sighed, knowing this isn't going anywhere with her.

I buckled her in the car seat and turned on the radio. She mumbled her version of the songs that played or she was talking to herself. We drove up to a brick building with a big playground in the back. "See, you'll probably get to play on that playground." I pointed it out, trying to make it look not so bad. I looked in the rear view mirror and noticed she was curled up in a ball, looking like someone might kill her. I got a parking space close to the school and we walked in it. I looked at what the name of the teacher was, Ms. Shepard. "Daddy, please stay." Melody whimpered. "I can't baby girl. I wish I could, but I can't." I said and continued to walk down the hallway to find the classroom. Finally, I found it. A lot of moms were dropping off their children. It felt wierd being the only father in sight.

"Daddy, I don't want to go." She whimpered, clinging to me, burying her face in my neck. Oh, why does this has to be so hard? I could feel her tears soaking up my shirt. "Hey, don't cry. I'll pick you up later today, I promise." I said and kissed her head.

"Mr. Clifford?" A woman with blonde red hair and freckles scattered across her face walked up to me. "Yes?" I said and rubbed my daughter's back, trying to calm her down. "Class will soon be starting, just so you know." She spoke. I nodded, and sat down on the carpet. "Melody, look at me." She obeyed and swiped away her tears. "You be a good girl today." She nodded. "Make friends too. Daddy has to get going soon." She nodded, tears running down her round face. I wipped them away with my thumbs. "Okay, now give me a big hug and kiss." She quickly wrapped her small arms around me tightly and gave me a quick, firm kiss on my lips. "I love you." I said. "I love you more." She said in my ear. "Good. Now go to class," I said and let go of her, trying not to cry. She gave me another kiss, "Bye Daddy." She said and walked shyly into the class. "Bye Melody." I said and walked out of the school.