Chapter 38

D A Y 5

Rosie’s POV

I have been tied up to this wooden chair for the past five days with no communication besides the hello’s Jake have been saying expecting to hear my voice but in return all he got was my screams. All these men did continuously was to stab me on the previous wound making me scream and shake due to the unbearable pain. It was sick what they were doing to me and I didn’t know the reason why.

Five days ago I was closing where I was working without thinking that someone would kidnap me and hurt me until I faint, which happened the last time they called Jake. It is wicked how someone would hurt a person until the point that one faints. I was pretty sure they were planning on killing me but all they did was hurt me whenever they called Jake which happened two times a day.

In the time I was there, I figured out many things— (a) They kept me captive in a two-story house, which I realized the day before yesterday due to some shouting on the level above. (b) Everyone in this house despise me as much as I despise them, except for one guy, whose name and appearance is still unknown due to the fact every time he came to bind my wounds a mask would cover his face. (c) I had for sure accepted the fact I was going to die in that filthy basement.

I had my head hanging to the side hoping to catch some sleep to get rid of the excruciating pain that went from my forearm to my whole body. Ryan and Michael had entered the room earlier with the knife that has been haunting me since I arrived. The routine I had been experiencing since my arrival started and as predictable I screamed. I had been falling in and out of consciousness when I heard Jake’s pleas which broke my heart into pieces, then I slipped into the darkness.

When I woke up I had my arm already cover in a bandage. I was counting the ants that travelled in group in the wall and laughing lightly at how they were crashing against each other when the unknown guy entered the room with the same mask on his face. He sat on the floor looking at me through the holes creeping me out a bit.

“Who are you?” I blurted out. He stood up and walked to me with his hands in his pockets.

“I will tell you because it is better if you know by me than by somebody else in this house, but please promise me you won’t scream.” He pleaded and I just nodded wanting to know who was he.

He pulled his mask over his head and I watched expectantly as the features of his face became visible. It took me a while to identify who the unknown man was.

“Hunter?... What?... How?”

 I couldn’t formulate a concrete question. My brain was throwing thoughts and questions faster than I could imagine and my heart was beating faster and faster. Why would Hunter kidnap me and hurt me? I had to understand he had cured me but why is he involved in all of this? But why is he participating in all this?

“Rosie, okay, please don’t freak out. I will tell you everything I know and I am so sorry they are doing this to you.” I nodded telling him to continue what that was all about.

“My dad for some reason kidnapped you and the five days you have been here I have been searching this whole damn house looking for something that would tell my why he is doing this. I am so sorry about what Michael and Ryan they can get a bit rough. But I will help you get out of here.”

Without saying anything else the brown-haired boy stood up and started untangling the knots of the rope that tightly tied my ankles to the legs of the chair. When the rope fell down, I felt a sudden relief at the thought I would get out of here and go home with Jake and my dad and Nikki. A smile tugged my lips just at the thought of it. I massaged my wrists and wince at the air that clashed against them.

My wrists were bruised and scarred and had some dry blood on them. The sight of them was sad and it literally broke my heart seeing that I was tied so hard my wrists were in that condition. With what little force I have left on my body I hugged Hunter and thanked him for risking his life to save me.

He grabbed my hand, “Let’s go! We don’t want them to find us while we are leaving. I saw my dad leaving with Michael earlier, and Ryan is out to the store so that leave us alone in the house, so we need to make the time we have worth it.”

We walked at a slow pace due to the pain and cramps I was feeling on my ankles and feet. Hunter turned to face me with a concerned look on his face and I just nodded saying I was okay when in reality I wasn’t that good. My arm was hurting so much I had to contain myself from screaming and that pain combined with the one I was feeling from my ankles and wrists was unbearable, but I had to man up if I wanted to escape.

He opened the door as silent and careful as he could, but all my hopes to see my beloved ones again broke when I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. We backed away from the door scared of the person who would be opening them. The door was thrown open and my worst nightmare strolled inside— Michael.

“What do we have here? A traitor and slut trying to escape.” He let out a devious laugh before continuing. “My boss would love to see this!” He left the room and ran upstairs to fetch for their boss and there I knew it was my end. I was doomed.

“I am so sorry Rosie I couldn’t help you escape earlier. I am really so so sorry!” He said with an apologetic look on his face.

I touched his face with my hand and smiled slightly at him, “It’s okay, you tried at least and that is what matters. Thanks either way, I really appreciate it.” I hugged him trying not to damage my wounded arm.

The door was thrown open and Michael came from it with a gun in hand shooting each of us a glare, but that wasn’t who scared me. I swore my eyes would fall from their sockets at the sight of who their boss was. He shot me one of his infamous smiles as he saw the look on his face. He was the one behind all of this. The one causing me so much hurt and pain. The cause my beloved ones were suffering for some twisted reason, was because of him.

“Dan.” I said at the same time Hunter said the word that made me feel disgust towards that man, “Dad.”

This is one of the shortest chapter I have written, which I wrote so fast. I really really loved writing this chapter and I hope you guys enjoy it too! 

PLEASE 

VOTE

AND

COMMENT

I love you guys so much! 

Enjoy!!