Chapter 24

**THREE WEEKS LATER**

Jake's POV

When you think you're doing the best for someone you care a lot, you soon realize somehow it is the worst, not only for that person, but for you too. I'm in that position. I thought of getting away from her and never seeing her again would help, but I never thought I would be slowly falling apart. I had been ignoring all of her calls and text messages, hoping she would stop and forget about me, but that never happened. Funny how someone unexpectedly comes into your life, makes you feel like no one has ever made you feel before, and then... you need to leave them for their own good.

I grabbed my guitar and started strumming random tunes. Chris came from the kitchen with two cans of beer. He plopped on the couch next to me. He started talking, but all I heard was blabbering. I was busy thinking what would I do now. I have strong feelings for her and at this point I couldn't keep them down. I need her, with me. Chris started to snap his fingers in front of my face, breaking me up of my trance.

"Dude I had been talking to you." He sighed. "Were you even listening to me?"

When I didn't reply back he face palmed himself. I put my guitar to the side and grabbed the can from the crystal table in front of me. I opened it and took a big sip from it. The cold fermented yellowish liquid ran through my throat and landed on my empty stomach with a thud, I could only heard. I turned to face Chris and he was on his phone. He furrowed his eyebrows, but then relaxed them. He turned to me.

"You know you can't ignore Rosie. I was texting her and she really misses you. She asks me everyday about you and how are you doing. Look what your dad said isn't true, they were just coincidences and what he said won't influence your relationship with her. Or whatever you two had."

"They weren't coincidences. She was with me every time something bad happened to her." I spat. "Besides, I'm not ignoring her, I'm just protecting her by not being with her." I removed some strands of hair that were on my eyes.

"You do know that sounded pretty stupid and a lame excuse for what you're doing. Ok. True. You were with her and probably you were sometimes the cause, but that won't stop you guys of being together. We both know you have a strange, dark past and people behind you looking for revenge and I think Rosie have figured it our by now, but that hasn't stop you. Be a man and do something about it, don't just stay in the couch complaining. Stop being a pussy. You think you're the only one suffering in this situation, but have you even thought about what Rosie may feel? I think not. She is also suffering. You two are meant to be together. There may be rocks on the way but you two, together, will get through it."

I was shocked of what Chris said. Not because he was harsh, but because all of it was mainly true. I was so stupid! If I was suffering, probably, Rosie may be hurting too.

"Man, that was so deep, except the part of me being a pussy." I chuckled. "What you said it was true, but do you think she want to see me again? More importantly be with me again, when I ignored her for almost a month."

I stood up. I walked in front of the couch from side to side. I combed my messy hair, untangling some of it. Knots are the result when you don't brush your hair for days. My eyes were burning and sore due to my lack of sleep. Having nightmares constantly won't help anyone to sleep, more when they are about watching painfully the one you love the most die in front of your eyes.

"Dude she wants you back. I'm sure of it." He said standing up and patting me on my shoulder. I hope he is right. I can't loose her and not because of a mistake I did. Not talking to her and ignoring her is one thing because you can call her and fix everything, but her not wanting you, there's no solution for that.