Chapter 2

Rosie's POV

We arrived at Riverside High School. I found an empty spot and parked there. Everyone knew each other here. If you think you will walk the halls without getting notice, like some new kids do, well you're wrong. Haley and her minions will make your life a living hell. If you're not in their side, be sure to be bullied for the whole school year. Some kids don't even finish the year. This high school is a jungle where the jocks and cheerleaders (lions and their mate) fought for dominance against the others animals. Monkeys fought everywhere for food and for acceptance. The others just stay back in a corner watching the animals fight for leadership. It's just so complex ho-

"Ro, Rosie, ROSIE EARTH TO ROSIE." shouted Nikki in my ear making me jump.

"Sorry, I zoned out." I said, blushing slightly.

"I figured. Let's go inside, then." She said as she grabbed my arm and led me to school.

You could hear from out side the gossiping of the students inside. As we entered Ms. Jensen, my English teacher and one of the best teacher at school according to me, approached us. She had black short hair and wore a bright red lipstick. She was the 'hot teacher' boys drool about. She was wearing a short red dress, which made her look taller, with some beige pumps. She stood in front of us. She politely smiled and started talking.

"Rosie, I want to congratulate you. Your story was the best out of the whole class. I just wanted to tell you, in advance, you got an A." She said with a huge grin on her face.

"Thanks." I said smiling.

I finally reached my locker. I opened it, and searched for my book. I was pretty sure we weren't going to do anything today. All the commotion of the students won't let the teachers give class, and that's a plus. Yes, I'm an A's student. I just don't scream it to the world and I don't spend my lunch period or my free period in the library. I'm a smart girl, some people call me a nerd, but it don't bother me.

"Nikki I'll go to class. We'll meet in the parking lot at noon." I said closing my locker.

"Deal. See ya." Nik said as she blasted off to her class.

I headed to the classroom I will be spending 3 hours, and the worst part: Nikki wasn't here with me to entertain me. As I expected, the students were talking and some couple were, making out was an understatement, they were sucking off their faces. I plugged my headphones and the sudden angelic voice of Ed Sheeran filled my ears. I walked to take a seat were nobody could bother me. The perfect voice of the ginger boy started playing in 'Let It out'. That song slowly drove me back to the when I first met Nikki back in primary.

*FLASHBACK*

I was walking in the park with my head down, mom and dad left me with my aunt, but not any aunt. Don't you have someone in your family you somehow detest? And suddenly your parents left you with that person. Depressing right? I ran to the park few blocks away. I loved my aunt, despite her boring way to play. I wanted to spent time with my parents and they again left. When I reached the park I sat on the swings thinking and looking at all families gathered and playing, spending time with their sons and daughters. I was the only kid alone there. The thought of it made the tears that were threatening to fall earlier, finally fell. Someone tapped my shoulder. I wiped my tears and slowly turned around. Before me, stood a girl with dark brown locks and big green eyes. She looked at me intently. She had two ice creams in her hands. She carefully sat on the other swing, by my side.

"Hi, why are you so sad?" She asked sounding sad, as if she felt my sorrow.

"I run away from home." I sniffled. "My parents left me with my aunt and I wanted to spent time with them." I explained to her. She frowned slightly and bent her neck to the side, like a little puppy. I chuckled at my resemblance.

"You want one?" She said gesturing the chocolate ice cream. "I'm not going to eat either way." she said offering her other ice cream. We stayed on the swing talking about each other. I learned she's allergic to nuts and is scared of squirrels, strange but what can I do. I told her about my parents and how they are barely there for me and when they are, they are basically in the studio working. It was getting dark and it was time for me to get back home.

"Nikki, it's time to go! Come pick up your toys." A woman sweetly called. I supposed it was her mom. Nikki stood up and offered her hand to me. I took it without knowing where she was taking me and what her plan was.

"What are you doing?" I asked as she dragged me to where her family was.

"Nikki we're leaving." Her mom said as we arrived. I hid behind Nikki, suddenly feeling scared. She stepped aside, leaving me exposed to her mother's eyes. "And who is this little girl?" She asked lowering down enough to be at my level.

"My name is Rosie." I said shyly, lowering my head.

"Can we drive her home?" Nikki asked with her puppy eyes. Her mom nodded. Nikki squealed and hugged her mom. We all headed to their car. I climbed in the backseat with Nikki by my side. I told her the directions.

"Its here." I said. Nikki started to jump in her seat and clapping.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"You're my neighbor." She said while giving me a bone-crushing hug. I thought she was never letting me go, but she eventually did. When I got home, I got scolded by my parents and aunt and got grounded for a week. I realized something that night, if I hadn't ran away earlier I wouldn't met Nikki. I'm sure this is the start of an amazing and crazy friendship.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I smiled as I remembered all the good things we did. The bell rang as 'Animal' by Conor Maynard was coming to an end. I went to my locker dodging everyone out of my way. I grabbed everything that was left inside and headed to the parking lot. Whistling and screaming could be heard in the hallways. Students jumping, football players throwing balls, it was quite a scene. As soon as I closed my locker some jerk spilled his juice all over my shirt. I walked to the parking lot all pissed thanks to the careless jerk. My white tank top had a big purple stain in the middle. The big purple stain had attracted all the attention I got in two years. I walked to the car mumbling curses. I got on in, Nikki was already there. She looked at me and I saw she was about to laugh. 

"Don't even think about it." I said fuming. She hold her hands up like if she was defeated, holding her laugh.

At this moment, I was pretty sure the hell of a summer this one would be.

Did you love this chapter?! I hope you did! Show me your support by clicking the little VOTE button below. Its not that hard;) Hope you have a wonderful day, evening or night wherever you wonderful people are!

Or you can show me your love by writing a pretty little COMMENT on what you think about this chapter:)