Chapter 29

Jake's POV

My mind was a complete mess. I stare at the ceiling trying to gather my thoughts, but it was impossible. The clock on the side table read 9:13 am. This was not me; I'm not the kind of person that wakes at early hours in the morning, but it seemed that today I am. I groaned when the bright sunlight, that seeped from the silk curtains, clashed against my sensitive eyes. Turning around my eyes landed on an asleep Rosie. She had her hair sprawled on the pillow. Faint snores escaped from her slightly parted lips making me smile at how innocent she looked. My hand instantly went to her waist bringing her closer to me, at that she stirred but then smiled. She snuggled closer to me laying her head on my bare chest.

I looked at her and she looked stunning, with her hair in every direction possible, her mouth opened and snores escaping her sweet lips, still like that she looked beautiful. I smiled at the thought of yesterday's event, it didn't end the way we wanted, but from now on it would be one of my favorites day; it was the day where I hear her say the big three words that I was too afraid to admit. I love you. She loved me, she did. When she said that she loved me in front of her parents it made my heart flip and in my stomach I felt a warm fuzzy feeling. I wonder when I became so fluffy? I guess that's how you felt when you are in love. And I enjoyed feeling that way.

When I told her that I did loved her back, it was like the big brick that I was carrying left. I loved her and I was not afraid to admit to her and most importantly not afraid to admit it to myself. I loved her. Right there, I wasn't afraid of shouting it and letting everyone know. I loved her and I would do anything for her. I loved her. I loved her. I loved her. Sometimes I think I'm just a sixteen teenage girl that is squealing and crying after her crush kissed her cheek.

What could I do to get her out of the marriage? I could threaten her mother, but she would send me to jail besides I'm not the guy I used to be anymore. Maybe I could talk to her, but she would probably shut the door on my face and call the police. Rose whimpered, I stroke her hair soothing her from the bad dream she was probably having. I kissed her head, don't worry love I would find a way to stop this. My phone buzzed on the table beside me. I tried reaching it trying not to wake her. The number on the screen was unknown to me, instead of letting it go to voice mail like I usually do, I decided to answer it.

"Hello? Jake?" An unfamiliar yet common voice spoke.

"Umm... yes and who is this?"

"This is Marcus, Rosie's dad." How did he find my number?

"If you want to talk to her, she is asleep. Would be best if you called her later."

"No, don't worry is you I want to talk with."

"Me? About what?" I was definitely confused about what would he possibly want about me.

"Is a matter that could be better discussed in person. Let's meet at my place, whenever you can."

"Sure, I'll see you later."

"But please don't tell Rosie about any of this."

At that he hung up leaving my head in a bigger mess than how it was earlier. The curiosity killed the cat, they say. I guess it's really true.

***

I was on my way to Marcus house. After I finished talking to him, I text Nikki if she could entertain Rosie while I solve some errands and she happily agree to my luck. I took the road to his house feeling anxious as of what he wanted to talk. As the enormous house was coming to view, the feeling of nervousness I was feeling at the pit of my stomach increased.

I walked straight to the front door ringing the bell without a second thought. Where that forwardness came from? I have no idea. Marcus opened the door. His faced didn't show any sign of emotion at all. His lips were pursed in a thin line. Without saying a single word, I followed him inside. I sat on the loveseat while he sat on the big sofa with his legs crossed. This moment felt as if I was a student that broke into the girls' restroom and is now being scolded by the dean.