Chapter 27

Rosie's POV

"What?! Are fucking out of your mind?" I stood up from the couch incidentally kicking the table. My blood was boiling inside my veins, in any second I was sure they will explode.

"Rosie, love, language." My haughty and obnoxious mother spoke with such a calm it made the rage inside me raise.

"You. You have no damn right to call me love. Are you two out of your minds or are you guys normally this dimwit? How could you sell your daughter, your only daughter, to another effing family? Did money make you this fucking heartless?" I was out of words. I couldn't bear myself to sit near my disgusting mother; even the sight of them abhorred me.

My dad, the one I once thought understood me or at least made the effort to know how I felt, sat there without looking at me. After he hit me that night, our relationship went downhill, but he was my dad, the one who really did try to get to me. My mom was definitely enjoying this. A devious smile spread across her pale face, which was brimming with make up.

"We are your parents. You need to respect us." My dad spoke for the first time since they hurled the news, without taking off his eyes from his lap as if they were the most interesting thing at the moment.

"Respect you? Are you seriously talking about respect right here? You were the ones who sold me to the Smith's and don't bring the 'we are your parents' card on me 'cause you definitely didn't act like one." Tears clouded my eyes making the scene of my so called parents blurry. I blink them off, the fact that I wanted to cry made me wrathful. "I expected all this complot from that woman over there, but from you dad, never would've thought it. You got me there." 

"Are you done with your unnecessary outburst?" I opened my mouth to spat back, but she cut me off. "The wedding would luckily be next month. I told you Rosie, you and Harry would get marry one day." She was crazy, nut, out of her mind, or she was just some patient at some psychotic ward that unluckily escaped or she was all those things.

"Why? Why do I need to marry the snooty boy? I didn't kill anybody, no need to punish me like this. There has to be a really acceptable reason." Hope could be heard miles away in my voice.

Marissa, the woman that was my mother, I could never called her mom ever again, she didn't deserve the title; it's too big for her, looked at the unknown man as if telling him not to, but not to what?

"Marissa, she needs to know." He paused to let out a big breath. "I know you won't be happy about the reason behind it, but since you're the one paying for the broken dishes you have all the right to know. Your mother and I got involved in some bad business and that led us to bankrupt." I gasped. Bankrupt? So me marrying Harry had to do because of money. I didn't want to know where this is going. "Lionel yielded his help and we gladly took it, but I should've known he wanted something in exchange and that was working, the two of us, together to have more invention so we could create double the money we do now." 

I knew where this was leading to. "So, for you to work together there needed to be a link between both you, a legal link, and you decided that I should marry Harry? Nothing smarter popped into your head?" 

This was too much to handle; too many news for a single day. On my back pocket my phone vibrated; I hoped it was Jake. I yearned deeply the sound of his comforting voice and him telling me everything would be alright and that together we would get through this; I needed that. I let myself fall to the floor outraged, hopeless, desperate, no emotion could actually describe what I was feeling. The cold tiles refreshing my hot skin made my anger soothe. I unlocked it and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw the message and who sent it. Could this day get any worse?