Chapter 11

Jake's POV

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. I shouldn’t have ignored her when she smiled at me, but being the dumbass I am, I did and now I couldn’t find her. Stupid. Stupid. Where would she be? I knew she didn’t left because her little purse, or whatever the girls called it, was still on the table. Nikki hasn’t seen her either. The boisterous music didn’t help me concentrate. I decided to go outside and clear my mind before starting to look for her. Fresh air filled my lungs replacing the smoke from it. When I closed my eyes trying to relax and start thinking, a scream stopped me from doing so.

I followed where the scream came from. When I turned left, my breath got hitched on my throat at the scene developed in front of me. Rosie’s body was sprawled on the pavement, her eyes closed and from where I was standing I saw blood seeping from her head and forehead. Many thoughts ran through my head but they all stopped when I saw who was standing in front of her. Scott. Anger, it was the only emotion I was feeling at the moment. My blood was boiling as I walked closer to him.

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" I said pushing him trying to control my anger, but it was impossible.

"We were having fun, but I guess she had too much." He said with a wicked smile tugging his lips.

I couldn't control it anymore. I punched him in his jaw making him fell to the ground. He let out a sick twisted laugh while cleaning the small amount of blood that was on the corner of the lips. At the sight of the crimson liquid on his finger, he laughed; a sick one. I knelt and sat on him ready to punch the life out of him for what he did to Rosie.

"She deserved it, she's such a whore. You could do better bud, really you hook up with a snobby rich girl to make you feel, what? That you were important? Well then, let me tell you something, you will always be the rude, heartless guy that no one cares about." He laughed on my face when he realized he trigger something inside of me and he really did. I knew people thought about me that way, but no one has ever said it. But my anger raised when his comment about her replayed on my mind.

"Shut your mouth!" I said as I launched a punched right to his face; his nose to be exact. A streak of blood was dripping slowly from his nose. He had a bruised face, broken nose and a cut in his mouth. I didn't care how messed up he was, I just wanted to make him pay for what he said. More punches, that was all my hands did. I took a small glimpse at Rosie; she was still unconscious and her wound was seeping blood as seconds passed. I stopped hitting Scott, and stood up to assist her.

I looked at my knuckles; they were mostly covered in Scott's blood and small cuts. Carefully I picked up Rosie bridal style and walked with her in my arms to my car. I was relieved that she was breathing, she had a cut on her forehead and one on the middle of her head, hopefully she hasn't lost too much blood. Luckily, my jacket was on the backseat, which I used as a pillow to lay her head carefully. I used the long sleeves to tie a knot on her forehead to stop the bleeding. I walked to the driver seat and turned the engine on. On our way to my apartment, I called Chris and explained him everything that happened.

***

Since I woke up, my eyes were glued to her. I watched as her chest rose and fell and how involuntarily she would wince when the pillow slightly touched the wound. Last night, I cleaned her wounds and changed her from the dress she was wearing to one of my shirts and laid her carefully on my bed, while I took the couch, but I didn't close my eyes. Nightmares clouded my mind as soon as my eyes were closed. My knuckles were free from Scott's disgusting blood, but they were a tad bruised and they had a few small cuts.

Her cheek was bruised and she had a white bandage covering most of her head, but still she managed to looked beautiful. Watching her writhe of pain every time she changed positions angered me, but most of all it made me feel guilty. If I hadn't ignored her, that wouldn't have happened, but it did because I'm an ass. Before I lashed out on nothing and wake her up in the process, I walked out of the room into the kitchen.