Chapter 21

(A/N): Sorry for not posting in like a week. I had a massive writer's block, and school wasn't helping either. Sorry again and here you have it:D

**NEXT DAY**

Rosie's POV

"Yeah, we're on our way... Yup we know where it is... Almost there... See you." I hung up the phone. We were on our way to see Jake's dad, Dan. I could see that Jake was nervous to see his dad again after all those years. I put my hand over his in a reassuring matter. He looked at me and smile, showing his dimples. I melted.

We turned right. Left. Then we made a stop in front of a two story house. It was a creepy neighborhood according to me. I opened the door and hopped out of the car. A cold chilly air hit my body. I hugged my arms and Jake was soon by my side hugging me.

The house had a big porch outside. The few flowers it had were withered. From the entrance you could see the way trees adorned the back of the house, making it more... vivid. We walked to the creepy house. The cold wind caressing my face. We stood in front of the door. Jake rang the bell. Once. Twice. No one answered the door.

"He's probably not there." He started to walk away. As soon as he said that the door made a creaking noise. He turned around. Next to the door was a man in his mid fifties. He had some wrinkles surrounding his big brown eyes. He had a brown beard that covered his chin. As soon as he laid eyes on Jake, a big smile appeared on his face.

He walked slowly toward Jake smiling widely, "Jake, is that you?" Jake stood there immobile. Dan stood in front of his son without knowing what to do. He suddenly hugged him. For a moment Jake stood there, shocked. A few minutes later, he hugged his dad back. Minutes later they broke the hug. Jake had a small smile on his face. Dan put his arms around his son shoulders and walked back to the porch.

"C'mon kids, let's go inside." Dan said walking inside. Jake stood there, staring at me. His eyes were glowing with happiness. His dirty blonde hair was swept to one side. He hugged me, taking me by surprise. I hugged him back. I rested my head on his chest, listening carefully to the beating of his heart.

"Guys aren't you coming?" His dad said with a bit of annoyance on his voice, but probably that was my imagination.

"Thanks." Jake whispered in my ear. I blushed and held his hand as we went inside.

The house inside was cozy. It had a small living room with big comfy couches and a T.V. We walked where his dad was and we sat. Something about this house made me shiver.

"Umm sorry, we haven't officially met. I'm Dan Black." He said smiling flashing some of his dimples.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Rosie, but you can call me Ro." I said smiling widely shaking his hand. I felt something moving in between my legs. I looked down and I saw a little ball of fur. I grabbed the little dog and put him on my laps. He licked my nose.

"He's Toby. You can go play with him, while we talk." He said patting the cocker's head. I stood up and Toby followed behind. This house, besides its creepy front, was really nice inside. A nice chandelier hanged from the roof of the dining room. I walked to the kitchen. It was nice and well decorated. Toby came back to where I was with a ball in his mouth, then guided me to what I suppose was the backyard.

The big trees I saw when I got here were dancing to the rhythm of the wind as it blew slowly. Few bushes adorned the corner of the yard. I sat with my legs crossed on the floor. Toby came to me and put the ball he had in his mouth in my hands. I ruffled Toby's head and threw the ball. He ran to catch it. We did that a few times. I threw the ball and Toby jumped to catch it. Once he had the ball in his mouth he ran inside the house.

"Toby wait!!" I said while I stood up chasing the dog. He crossed the kitchen and dining room in a flash and stopped outside a door below the stairs, that leaded to the second floor. Toby was scratching the bottom of the door. I turned around to walk away, thinking it was just a dog thing. Toby grabbed me by my ankle, making me to stop, as if he wanted me to open the door.

I turned back and slowly walked to the mysterious door. I watched it carefully and realized it was different from all the other doors I had seen of the house. I grabbed the cold bronze handle of the door, an turned it to the right. The door made a creaky noise as I started to open it.

"What do you think you're doing?" That voice startled me, making me jump. I froze, without anything to say.

(A/N): So here it is. Sorry for all the mistakes. Hope you liked it:D its amazing all the good reviews I've got about the story, glad you like it. Any idea what is behind that door??;)

** REMEMBER I NEED 10 VOTES TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER AND COMMENT WHAT YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE THINK!! **