Chapter 3

Rosie's POV  

"Let's go, Ro we need to go if we want to take advantage of the day." I heard as Nikki shouted from downstairs. Today we're going to the beach; it was a really nice day. The sun was as fierce as ever, in other words today was a perfect day to go the beach. I've never felt California as hot as today. I was blissful because I love the beach; it's calm, you can have a perfect tan, while staring at all those fit guys in their swimsuit.

"Coming!" I shouted back as I grabbed my sunglasses off my table. I checked myself on the mirror for the last time. I wore my dark jean ripped denim shorts; they really made my legs look longer, a one shoulder Beatles shirt and my black Toms. Underneath I wore my red bikini. I grabbed my bag, I checked it again, in case I forgot something. Everything's there. I left my room and went downstairs. I don't know the reason, but since I woke up I have had a good feeling about this day.

"Finally!" Nikki exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air.

"I needed to check if everything was here." I said as I took the keys of the counter. My parents were here and what really shocked me was they weren't in the studio working. Mom was in the kitchen, while Dad was in the T.V. room.

"Mom, we're leaving." I said/yelled. I waited for the answer I knew I wouldn't receive. As usual she didn't answer back. I sighed. It's always the same story with her. I grabbed Nikki's hand and dragged her to the garage.  

***  

"We need to make a stop for gas." I said to my friends in the back. After we left home, we picked up Emma, Jamie, and Kat. I arrived at a gas station on the side of the road. We all climbed out. They went out to the bathroom and went to the cafeteria to bought some snacks, while I filled the tank. While waiting, something caught my eye, well actually someone. A guy with black leather jacket and black jeans, he was filling the tank of his motorcycle.

From behind he looked really fit. His broad back was tone. In a light movement, he turned around. He had dark blonde hair long enough to touch his forehead. He had eyes blue as the vast ocean. He stared at me with such an intensity he could easily rip my soul out. I couldn't break our stare, as much as I wanted, it somehow felt... comfortable. He approached to me with a slight smirk on his face.

"Hey babe." He said as he rested his hand on the top of my car. I was between him and my car. He was so close I could feel his breath hitting my face every time he exhaled.

"Don't call me that." I spat back. His attitude was just like one of those obnoxious kids, that think they can have the world in their hands by just clapping their hands. It just made me hate him, I felt anger towards him, but for some reason I just got myself lost deep in his eyes.

"Why the bad mood? Look at the sun, it's a pretty day. Your mood is ruining your face; I can see some wrinkles in your eyes." He said. As if nothing had happened, he walked away. How dare he called me old? It's insulting when a boy calls a girl old. Since I was little, I hated when people said I looked old or acted more mature than my age, it just boiled my blood.

He got in the motorcycle, before putting his helmet on he shot a wink at me. He left, as fast as he could. I rolled my eyes. What a jerk! That's why I preferred being single, no jerks that can keep me down or told me what to do. My friends came back with bags of food on their hands for the long way we had ahead. I was still fuming, but I wouldn't let that idiot ruin my day.  

After asking for directions half of the way, we finally arrived. We got lost thanks to Jamie and his bad directions. The beach looked amazing, the sand was just perfect. I got a great space next to a big red truck. We got a great spot; we established our stuff under the umbrella. The sun shone with such a force it was unbelievable. The sand was hot, but not too much to burn your feet. You could hear the children's laughter at the distance. The wind blew ligtly clashing against my body. It wasn't a dead hot breeze, but a nice fresh kind.

"Aren't you coming Ro?" Emma said.

"No. I will stay to tan myself and read a book." I said grabbing my book from the bag. She left leaving me alone with my book and the sun. It was really relaxing. I opened where my bookmark was. I started to get involved in Jace life as a shadowhunter in City of Glass. My mind drove me back to those pair of blue deep eyes of the guy at the gas station. They were really inviting and tempting, but behind all the cover I could saw pain, regret and anger. How could someone keep so many emotions and covered them in just a second? I stopped thinking about him and continued focusing on my book.    

Jake's POV

That girl. Her big brown eyes reminded me of someone. It was painful watching her, and remembering all the things that person made me feel, saying her name was painful but watching someone have the same exact eyes as her tore my heart apart. I couldn't contain the anger inside me as I thought of all the things that happened all including, that someone. I pushed the painful memory aside. A smile spread across my face as I remembered our conversation.  

"Hey babe." I said, she was good looking now that I watched her closely. Big brown eyes, wavy dark brown hair and really fit. She was pretty if I could say; she can be my toy for this summer. The one thing that caught my attention was her pink plump lips. They were very desirable.

"Don't call me that." She spat back at me. Feisty, I see. I watched her intently, and stopped in her eyes. Something made me flicker inside just a look at her eyes made everything from that day came back. I think she saw my change, because she frowned. I clenched my fist; anger was building inside as the memories flooded back to my mind in pictures.

"Why the bad mood? Look at the sun, it's a pretty day. Your mood is ruining your face; I can see some wrinkles in your eyes."  I said to her. It wasn't actually true, but I needed her to forget the feelings she saw in my eyes. Not a single girl like being called fat or old, so I used the second option. I walked away leaving her standing there. As I breathed in and out, the anger bottled inside vanished.

After riding for too long, I made a stop at the beach. This place bought many memories. It was relaxing and I, somehow, needed to take the memories of her out of my mind. Thinking back at that day it hurt so much the fact she walked away from my life when I most needed her, like if anything happened. As if I didn't existed, at all.

I climbed out my motorcycle and headed toward the beach. I saw the familiar wavy hair. I smirked. I went over there to confirm my suspicions. I was correct. A smirk spread across my face. I sat next to her, she didn't realize my presence. She was into the book she was reading. I saw how she scrunched her eyebrows every now and then and the way she let out a big breath she was holding.

"Hey oldie." I called. That would be my new nickname for her as I realized she hated being called that. "We meet again." I said with a smile on my face. Pissing her off could actually be my new hobby. This was going to be a great summer.            

Did you love this chapter?! I hope you did! Show me your support by clicking the little VOTE button below. Its not that hard;) Hope you have a wonderful day, evening or night wherever you wonderful people are! Or you can show me your love by writing a pretty little COMMENT on what you think about this chapter:)