Chapter Thirty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Fuck M, you're making it hard for me to hear you as it is, this whispering shit won't cut it. Step outside or something if you don't want any one listening on in our convo."I reasoned, a bit amused.

She laughed briefly from the other end. "You're not making the effort why should I?"

I leaned against the chair I was standing aside of. "Whatever, everything's going great, haven't found the perfect time yet."

She sighed. "You better. I don't have time for your bull, just call when everything's ready okay?"

"Okay mother hen."

"Bye you ass!" She yelled from the other end. The line went silent after that oh so nice adieu.

I only chuckled.

Then and there, as she was walking away from all her friends for another drink, I pushed my phone into my back pocket, casually making a bee line for the direction in which she was going. Damn, I hope she wasn't going to the washroom or something, that'd be incredibly embarrassing on my part.

Thankfully, she stopped at one of those tables. I took my stand about five feet away from her, filling my very own glass with a drink that was never going to be consumed. I pushed myself from the table when I was ready then proceeded to act as if I wasn't paying attention and ever so slightly I inched closer to her, pretending to falter in my steps so that the contents fell over her astonishingly classy dress.

"Oh my God!"She exclaimed, frowning down at her dress. Despite the fact I was enjoying the view of the fabric clinging to her body and all, I quickly stepped in with the "gentleman line".

"I'm incredibly sorry. Wow, first the whole knocking you out in the hallway thing, now this?" I babbled out, hoping it was the least bit convincing.

Her face seemed to pick up on my voice, and soon, she looked up at me in total horror. "Seems like your coordination is always off despite the fact you don't seem to harm anyone else but me," she mumbled in irritation.

"I'm sorry, I just get all flustered around you I guess." I spat out.

She looked at me for a moment, cocking her head to the side. "Charming, now how am I gonna clean this shit?"

I slammed my cup down on the table and offered my only suggestion. "Only the top section got soiled, I could maybe give you my jacket or something. Trying to clean it won't help and if you want, you can maybe give it to me at school tomorrow to get it laundered and dried."

"Thanks but I have guy friends they can just-"I cut her off.

"Please, at least let me help in some way."

She looked up at me with those beautiful light brown eyes. "I don't think there's any way really. It's okay, I forgive you,"

I swiftly glanced over my shoulder signalling for my little buddy to do his job. From my peripheral, I saw him apply some of the powdery drug into Lauren' s long forgotten glass of pink lemonade.

"For knocking you out in the hallway too?"I questioned, getting a little amusement out of it.

She seemed to mull over the idea in her head. Finally, she folded her arms, smirking a bit. I don't know if it was intentional but damn did  it look fiercely attractive on her. No wonder that Bieber guy was so crazy for her.

"I'd have to think about that then." Then she paused for a while and added, "Then again, you did miraculously save me from getting that exam."

I fake gasped, putting a hand to my chest. "I think that deserves some sort of acknowledgement."