''He'll realize soon.'' I said, my voice rather hoarse. ''You two will be together and happy.''

While I'm forever alone and miserable. I thought in pity of myself and as if Carmen could read my mind.

''Hey, you're not gonna be alone.'' She stated with a shake of her head. ''Cloud will come around and if he doesn't I'll beat the livin' stupidity outta him.''

I gave a faint but watery smile at the girl who has practically become a sister to me. ''I'm sorry I was such a douche to both you and Ryder--''

''Don't apologize, I think we were all in the wrong. We're putting all that crap behind us and looking at the future.'' Carmen declared, her eyes down casting to my stomach. ''Speaking of future, how far a long are you?''

''Almost ten weeks.''

''Do you know the gender?'' Carmen asked, seeming in an awe like state as her hazel eyes continued to focus on my stomach.

''No, I could find out at twelve weeks but I'm thinking I want it to be a surprise.'' I admitted, my hand gently grazing over the slight bump. ''It'll boost me for when the time comes.''

''I'm guessing it'll be a C-section?''

''I really don't see any other way. I'll have to discuss everything with Araki at my next appointment.''

''So, Araki knows?''

''She's the one that figured it out and dropped the news.'' I said. ''Though, I'm rather happy it was her instead of someone else. At least I know I can trust Araki not to spread the word and she's also helping me cope through this whole ordeal.''

''Well, count Ryder and myself in. You're aren't gonna be alone any more. You'll have the support you need to back you up.'' Carmen assured, taking my hand in hers. ''I promise.''

''Promise what?'' Ryder's voice asked causing both Carmen and I to startle and look up to find him poking his head inside the bedroom. His dark hair was windswept and his face was a little red from the cold. He wore a navy blue hooded sweater with I'm over it across the front in white bold font and a simple pair of dark washed jeans that had white paint splatters in random sections.

''Dammit, Ryder! You nearly gave us a heart attack!'' Carmen snapped, giving him a dirty look. ''Friggin' prick.''

''Don't you mean ninja?'' Ryder pointed out with a cheeky grin that only seemed to irritate Carmen further. ''Anyway, I'm not here for our bantering. I'm here for my boy!''

I smiled, sitting up as Ryder strolled his way over and pulled me into a tight hug. I wanted to break down again but I refused and gripped onto Ryder like he was my lifeline. Ryder wasn't much of a comforter but when it came down to certain hellish moments, his hugs seemed to make everything feel better and right again.

''Everything is gonna be fine, Terry.'' Ryder murmured against my neck. ''It will all work out.''

''How do you know?'' I choked, swallowing down a cry.

''How do I know? Do I need to explain myself? Bitch, I am Ryder Zayn Benjamin—must I say more?'' He asked, lightening the heavy mood that seemed to set over myself and accomplished because I laughed softly, taking in a deep breath while giving Ryder one last squeeze before pulling away and folded my hands in my lap.

''I'm holding you to your word, Ryder.'' I murmured, muffling an on-coming yawn.

''Yeah, yeah princess.'' Ryder teased.

''Get some rest, Terrance. We'll discuss more tomorrow.'' Carmen said, lifting up the blanket and pulled it over me while I laid back on her bed. I bid both a half hearted goodnight before my eyes drifted shut and I was off into la la land.