Chapter 46

Author's Note

Hey folks! Merry Christmas for tomorrow! Look out for a Next Gen Christmas fic tonight or tomorrow! It will either be the next chapter or posted as a new story ;)

----------------------

Chapter 46

"Remember to text us when the movie is finished," John called as Molly headed down the stairs.

"I will, don't worry!" Molly grinned as she practically skipped out of the flat. It was a Sunday a few months into the school term. Hamish had been dragged out by Oliverio to go bowling or something with his - Ollie's - friends. Molly was going to the cinema to see some new Disney movie with all of her friends. She, personally, wasn't all that interested. But Abi had begged her to come. So she had agreed. Couldn't deny the pleas of her best friend, could she? And anyway, everyone was going. Their whole group, of both girls and boys, and a few kids from the year above which they were friendly with (the year that Molly would end up being with when she went through senior school).

"Molly!" Emma, another of Molly's good friends, ran up and hugged her as Molly approached the cinema. Molly let a wide smile flit across her lips, noting the large group waiting.

"So I'm the last one here?"

"Yup!" Abi chirped in with a wide smile.

"We were about to go in without you." The snide remark said in that lovely voice could only belong to one person.

"What are you doing here?" Molly arched an eyebrow. "You don't seem to be the Disney type."

"Neither do you," he smirked. "My dad is away. So I was around at Abi's and forced to come." He made a face causing Molly to laugh.

"Come on, we need to get tickets!" Abi grabbed Molly's arm and dragged her into the cinema. Molly merely rolled her eyes. It took a while to get tickets, due to a rather long queue, and even longer to get food. Molly ended up getting a large popcorn to share with Abi and a bottle of water.

"This is going to be so great," Abi breathed as they found seats. Molly ended up between Abi and Finn, a thing she had no wish to complain about. After all she was sitting next to her best friend and the boy she had a crush on. It was pretty perfect.

Well, apart from the fact that the movie was some terrible Disney nonsense. Safe to say that ten minutes in Molly was bored to death, knees pulled up to her chest and eating popcorn at a rapid speed. Rather noisily, as well, which gained her many glares from Abi. To which she merely stuck out her tongue. Abi had forced her to come so she had to deal with the consequences of Molly's boredom.

"This movie is truly atrocious," Finn leaned over and whispered to Molly.

"It really is," Molly murmured. "It's the kind of thing I watched when I was five. Why did I agree to come?"

"Because you're a good friend," Finn smiled slightly. Abi told them to be quite, glaring at them until they both shut up. The rest of the movie consisted of the two of them sighing and shooting exasperated glances at each other.

Molly definitely was not a Disney fan. Why couldn't her friends have a better taste in films? Why didn't they ask her to go with them to see some kind of science fiction or fantasy movie? Those were the kind she liked. Or the actions, sometimes. And the superhero ones! They were awesome.

"That was amazing!" Abi squealed as they left the cinema. Molly merely rolled her eyes, grinning at Finn who copied her. She pulled out her phone, shooting a quick text to her papa.

"It really wasn't," Molly commented as they headed outside. She glanced down at her phone with an arched eyebrow. "Seems that I'm walking home. See you guys!" She waved to Abi and Finn, heading off. It wasn't that far to get back to the flat, taking Molly only ten minutes. She entered to find Hamish sitting on the sofa looking exhausted, coat and scarf still on, while John watched TV with the occasional raised eyebrow shot at his son. Sherlock was in the kitchen cooking. Sunday was the day when he was forced to cook by John, being by far the best cook in the family. Though he always did it grudgingly and complained constantly about the terror of being forced to cook the whole family knew he secretly liked being able to show off his skills. That his meals were far superior than John's (which they were).

"How was bowling?" Molly plopped down next to Hamish, who let out a deep sigh.

"It was truly terrible. Ollie made me socialise with people." Hamish made a face. But Molly could tell by his slightly flushed cheeks and the sparkling of his deep blue eyes that he had secretly enjoyed it. It seemed John knew so too by the way that he kept giving his son exasperated looks.

"How was the movie?" Sherlock called from the kitchen.

"Terrible."

"As expected."

"Yup!" Molly smiled, yawning slightly. She was surprisingly tired. Then again, she had had three hours of football training on Saturday. She turned her gaze to the television. It seemed that papa was watching the soap opera that he liked and had managed to get dad into. Molly had to admit, it wasn't half bad. Even more entertaining when her dad commented throughout the entire thing (which just annoyed papa).

"Dinner's ready!" Sherlock called in a mock singsong voice. Molly instantly shot through, sitting down and swiftly helping herself to roast chicken, roast potatoes and vegetables. She made sure to give herself a generous helping of them all. John took a bit more than her, whereas Hamish and Sherlock took minimal portions. Although that was changed when John ended up serving them more, causing them both to wear identical looks of disgust and dismay.

"You have to eat everything on your plate or I'll tell Lestrade that neither of you can help with cases for a while."

Both immediately dug in, making faces constantly. John and Molly shared a look as they watched them.

Molly truly did love her family.