Afterword

Afterword

So this is the end of the Next Generation... Wow, it has been quite a journey. over a year, 80 chapters, over 100000 words and many pages it is finished. I really feel in the time that my writing has improved quite a lot and of course Hamish, Martin and Molly have been brought to life in my eyes. Not the mention all the other characters; Max, Ollie, Finn, Benny, Heather etc. First of all I would like to say, it is not over! I mean I could write this story forever (I have characters planned to the generation after Francis) but my plans are to write just one other book in the Sherlock universe. This will be Another Generation and will, of course, follow the children of Martin, Hamish and Molly as they come, beginning with little Francis.

However I am going to take a break before doing this. During this time I'm going to be writing loads of an original story, Knife & Gun, which I plan to try and finish during the summer holidays and it will be the only thing I'll be writing while I'm in Portugal for three weeks. I'm also going to do more of the Frostiron fanfic I'm working on - If Only I Could See Your Face (IOICSYF), along with my A to Z of songfics. Also I will be doing a whole ton of Next Generation oneshots! Scenes I forgot to put in, cute fluff, everything! For this I am taking requests. Anything you wanted to see/read in the story can now be written! Basically I need to know around what age the characters are then, what it is you want to happen and that's it. Either leave a comment or message me. However I would like it to stay within the canon of the story; so that means no threesomes between Mortimer, Hamish and Ollie (I'm looking at you consultinglovers). Also no smut. Sorry.

Now, onto more stuff! I'd like to give a massive thank you to my amazing editor and awesome best friend, Rebecca! Her wattpad username is PurpleTortoise and her tumblr url is second-brekfast. She is an awesome writer and a fangirl so you guys should totally check her out. Also, she puts up with me and my terrible grammar so... Yeah. I also, unfortunately, go to school with her thus bad things happening in the fanfiction result in her being very unhappy with me the next day. But anyway...

I would like to thank you guys! This began as something I wrote purely for my enjoyment but it has developed so much from that. I now write it for you guys to enjoy, and your good comments just make me grin like a little child. There are so many of you that I just can't possibly name you all... But know that you are all awesome, beautiful people who I love and wish I had the confidence to interact with more! But thank you all, I don't think this would have gone so far without you guys!

Well, this is goodbye for a bit. Make sure to read my other stuff if you haven't and look out for Another Generation!