Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“I can’t believe I’m going to nursery! It’s going to be great! Can we go yet? Can we go yet? I want to get there!” Molly bounced about the living room in an enthusiastic but annoying manner, a wide grin pasted across her face.

“We’re leaving soon, just need to wait for the boys to pack their schoolbags,” John replied, rather amused. Sherlock was chuckling as he watched the little girl. Martin was pulling on his thick winter jacket and Hamish was nowhere to be seen. Probably doing a last minute check on the latest experiment in his bedroom. John helped Molly get on her own coat as they waited. Hamish eventually emerged, a wide grin on his face and his black jacket already on. His schoolbag was slung over his back, full of various advanced books he had taken to bringing in to school as reading material.

“Off we go,” Sherlock smiled as the family of five headed out of the flat. A taxi was quickly flagged down (they really did need to get a car) and they were on their way. Molly was talking the whole journey, excitement quite clearly dancing through her many coloured eyes. The taxi stopped at the nursery first, John thanking the driver as he got out with Molly. Molly gave Sherlock, Hamish and Martin all massive hugs before skipping out. John smiled as he led her into the Sunny Day Care. The exact same place the twins had been taken to. Although they had complained much more about it. Well, Hamish had. Martin had just been silent.

The room for Molly’s age group was large and filled with kids. The door leading outside was locked, probably due to the fact that it was threatening to rain. A rather familiar face greeted John as he walked in with his daughter.

“Oh, hello, Doctor Watson!” Miss North smiled, looking down at Molly. “I see you have a daughter.”

“This is Molly,” John introduced the little girl who was looking around with wide eyes.

“Hello Molly, I’m Miss North,” Miss North crouched down with a smile. “I’m in charge here. How about you say goodbye to your daddy and go play with some of the other kids.”

“He’s my Papa, not daddy,” Molly corrected in a very matter of fact way before turning to give John a big hug. “Goodbye, Papa!”

“Have a good day, Molly,” John smiled as he crouched down to properly hug the girl.

“I will!” John nodded to Miss North before leaving. His little girl was going to be just fine.

Molly surveyed the room, eyes narrowed as she glanced over the other children. Trying to deduce them like her daddy and Hamish did. She knew how but just wasn’t very good at it yet. She was trying to work out who she wanted to be friends with and who she didn’t want anything to do with. Then her eyes caught someone she knew.

“Benny!” She almost squealed the name as she rushed over to who she would consider her best friend. The brown hair boy glanced up with a smile.

“Molly!” He smiled back, deep brown eyes lighting up. “This is Maisie.” He introduced the girl who he had been playing with. She grinned widely at Molly, brushing back a strand of dark brown hair.