Chapter 64

Chapter 64

"I am still unconvinced."

"Ollie told you over the phone himself!"

"It could have been a practical joke you two decided to play." A light smirk flashed across Martin's lips as Hamish gave him a thunderous glare.

"How is it so hard to believe that I am in a romantic relationship?"

"Because you have the emotional capacity of a goldfish, Mish," Martin replied with a teasing smile.

"You know that isn't true. Anyway, you're not much better."

"No," Martin replied thoughtfully. "But I've had practice."

"If it makes either of you feel better I was never very good at emotions either," Sherlock commented from where he had been sitting quietly. They were in a small cafe, John and Molly up at the counter making that orders.

"We know," Hamish and Martin replied in unison before breaking into quiet giggles like a bunch of five year olds. Truthfully what was more shocking than Hamish now being in a relationship was that Molly was the only one who was not out of the three. Which was just strange considering she was the one romantic. Then again, she was only fourteen (almost fifteen). Her brothers were nineteen.

Sherlock arched an eyebrow at his sons. Children. They never grew up, did they?

"What is going on?" John looked sceptically at his giggling sons, both young men who shouldn't really giggle. Then again Sherlock still acted like a big child so it was no wonder that they did.

"Nothing," Hamish replied sheepishly. John shook his head, putting down the tray he carried. Molly had already placed hers down, grabbing all her food. A pretty big plate of nachos, some kind of muffin and a glass of lemonade. John gave Sherlock, Hamish and Martin a plate each, all with a sandwich on them. The three gave him identical scowls. John rolled his eyes.

"Eat."

"But papa," Hamish whined, poking his sandwich suspiciously. "I'm not hungry."

"I'm not hungry either," Sherlock added.

"Nor am I." Martin's soft voice was added to the conversation.

"I don't see what problem you have with food," Molly mumbled through stuffing nachos in her mouth, cheese sticking to the corners of her mouth. John frowned at her. She was making quite a bit of a mess. Like a young kid who couldn't feed themselves.

Damn, why were all of his family five year olds?

"It slows me down." Sherlock sniffed slightly as he spoke, sitting up straight. John chuckled.

"I'm pretty sure it is meant to do the opposite, Sher. And believe me, I'm a doctor. I know. It gives you energy. Now, alcohol... That slows you down." He flashed a teasing wink at his husband who just sighed, taking the smallest of bites. It only took a short glaring contest to get Hamish to begin eating, in which John proved himself far superior (he had been in the army after all). Martin picked at his but John did see him put some in his mouth. Which was good. John turned to his own food, quite happily eating his own sandwich. Molly had already finished, moving onto her muffin and eating that at a rapid place. She really did eat a lot. She was allowed to, of course, doing tons of exercise and staying healthy.

"So you have a boyfriend as well now, Mish?" Molly asked as she ate.

"Yep," Hamish replied with a wide grin.

"I got one first, though."

"Yeah, whatever, Marti. Doesn't make you any better."

"No, just makes me so much more attractive obviously."

Hamish arched an eyebrow. "Hate to break it to you but we're identical."

Martin dead panned. "No! Why didn't anyone tell me? I never knew!"

Molly giggled, John snorted and Sherlock stifled a laugh. It was nice to see Martin actually being sarcastic with Hamish in a public place. He had really come on in the past seven or so years. For ages he would just talk properly with Hamish. He had definitely flourished. He certainly wasn't confident. Not around strangers. But he was better.

"The way things are going I'm pretty sure we will end up with three sons in law," John mused, thoughtful expression crossing his deep blue eyes.

"I like girls as well," Martin mumbled, biting his lip.

"I know," John smiled slightly. "It definitely isn't a bad thing. Max is wonderful."

"I know." Martin's eyes took a slightly dreamy light. Hamish sniggered, earning a punch in the arm from Martin.

"I sort of like girls as well," Molly added. "I mean, not as much as boys. But I do like them."

John arched an eyebrow. "Really now?"

"Yeah," Molly shrugged. "Not found any that I would want to go out with, though. Yet."

"Keep it that way," Sherlock replied, a jokingly stern look in his many coloured eyes. "You are only allowed relationships with the male gender. That goes with all of you. That way I can give you relationship advice."

John snorted again, shaking his head. "Sher, I've told you before. You cannot give relationship advice. You've only been in one."

"A perfectly functioning one, thank you very much."

"I wouldn't say much."

"I'm more qualified to give relationship advice." A slight smile quirked Martin's lips as he spoke. Sherlock let out a heavy sigh. So much for his plans to bond with his children over being incredibly in love with men.

"Dad does have a point. He's never been in a relationship that ended." Hamish smirked as John shot him a glare.

"I'm the only one who will put up with him, though, and he knows it. So he is nice to me. Sometimes."

"I'm a perfectly lovely person," Sherlock replied to John with a charming smile. John merely arched an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"I think you're nice enough, dad," Molly spoke with a sly grin. "When you're not speaking."

John chuckled, Sherlock just frowning at his daughter.

"That's true," Hamish agreed. Sherlock turned to his oldest child with an offended expression. Betrayed at all sides! What mutiny was this?

"Martin?" Sherlock turned to look at the only person who had not agreed. Martin just shrugged. Sherlock let out an exaggerated sigh. The pain he felt over this betrayal!

Martin let a small smile flicker over his lips. As much as he loved Max, he definitely missed his family. It was moments like this that he lived for.