Chapter 74

Chapter 74

Martin was nervous. It was quite easy to tell, considering the fact he was pacing up and down the room, worrying away at his lip with his teeth as he did so. He had gone over everything, what, three times? Speech, what he had to do, everything that was going to happen. Hell, he'd gone over every conversation he would have with every person who would be there. It didn't make him feel any better.

"Calm down, Marti," Hamish spoke from where he sat perched on the edge of a table, discarding sitting on chairs for something less ordinary. His words were both amused and worried. Of course. "Yeah, this is a big day, but it's also supposed to be a very happy day! So quit worrying. Max isn't going to care if you mumble your speech or mess something up."

"But it should be perfect! Everything has to be perfect."

With a slight sigh Hamish stood and moved over to his twin, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Look, Martin, it is going to be perfect. From now on, everything will be perfect. You're about to marry the love of your life. Stop worrying." Martin gave him a slightly smile, and nodded.

"Thank you, Mish. Also, thank you for agreeing to be my best man."

"There was no way I couldn't agree," Hamish laughed lightly. "You just have to be mine when, if, I get married."

"Done," Martin smiled. There was a knock on the door and Molly poked her head in the door, normal golden curls no longer framing her face due to being braided back in all sorts of fancy ways.

"You guys all ready? Everyone else is and ready to head down to the church."

Both nodded. Martin took a deep breath. This was it.

He was not close to tears. Nope, he wasn't. Sherlock Holmes never cried. But seeing his son, one who had had so many problems at school in his early years, about to get married was the one thing that almost caused that. Not quite. John was a mess beside him. He had always been far too sentimental. It was why Sherlock loved him so much. They sat, of course, in the front row. Hamish was sat to Sherlock's right and Molly to his left, with Mycroft, Greg, Arianna, Myc, Molly, Benny and Karina in the row behind them. Across the aisle was Max's family. It was quite a small service, mostly family and friends. There were a few more people invited to the reception and meal afterwards, but it was overall a rather small affair. Just as Martin and Max wanted it.

"Do you, Martin James Watson-Holmes, take Maxwell to be your lawfully wedded husband."

"I do," Martin's voice was barely more than a whisper at first, but one look into Max's eyes and he gained enough confidence to repeat it louder. "I do."

"And do you, Maxwell Angus Adams, take Martin to be your lawfully wedded husband."

"I do."

"I now proclaim you married. You may kiss."

Martin felt a blush spread across his cheeks and he shuffled forward. Max was the one of initiated it, leaning forward to give Martin a quick peck on the lips. Even though they had been together a while Martin wasn't completely comfortable in the things like kissing, never mind in front of people. A quick look around by Martin told him that John had broken down into tears, Molly's smile was so wide that it filled up her entire face and both Sherlock and Hamish were trying to be strong and resist the tears. Martin just felt... elated. He was married. To Max, whom he loved so much.

Max and Martin Watson-Adams. It had quite a ring. When they had passed their chosen surname by Martin's family his dad had, of course, thrown a small fit. Why had they cut off the Holmes?! Martin's response had been that Watson-Adams sounded far better than Adams-Holmes or Holmes-Adams and it was how they had decided to do it. He'd added a snide comment about how Álavrez-Holmes had quite a ring to it so he probably didn't need to worry about Hamish cutting it off the name. Hamish had denied that he had any plans to marry Ollie and Molly had just looked over the moon about the whole thing. Martin was sure she was about as happy at him, and Hamish, being relationship as their dads were.