Chapter 71

Author's Note

First of all apologies for the delay of this chapter being posted. I have exams coming up and have been trying to study for those with all the joys that come with it. So writing has been put to the side. Updates will continue to be slow.

Also, an explanation I probably should have put up a bit ago. Where Molly sleeps. So there is obviously not really enough room in 221b no matter what. So basically the decision I made was that with a third child on the way Sherlock and John bought/rented 221a off Mrs Hudson and knocked down some walls, did renovating so they had at least a connecting bedroom for Molly. Voila! Hamish will be probably do even more of that stuff but that's another story... For now, chapter 71!

Chapter 71

Letting out a light huff Martin hefted up an open box that sat on the table, making a slow approach towards the door and the stairs that led down and outside. A small picture frame fell out, landing on the floor with a thud but thankfully not breaking.

"You dropped something."

"Gee, thank you Hamish, you are just so helpful," Martin snorted, rolling his eyes at his twin.

"I know I am." Hamish smirked slightly from where he was perched on the arm of the sofa.

"Yes, I can see how physically exerting you are finding this," Ollie added as he appeared carrying a box from upstairs. "And you are helping so much with the moving of boxes, love."

"I'll have you know that I am in charge of management, dearest Oliverio," Hamish smiled sweetly at his boyfriend, who just about managed to hit him over the head as he moved past. "It is my flat, after all."

"Don't be so quick to get rid of us," John's voice was gruff, slightly panting, as he appeared struggling with his own box. It was the middle of the summer holidays after Molly's last year, about the right time for John and Sherlock to move out. Sherlock had decided that there was no need to hire a moving crew – they just needed a big truck and they could load and drive it themselves. That was turning out brilliantly. John wasn't exactly as physically fit as he had once been. So they had ended up dragging all of their children's partners into it. Max was up with Martin anyway, mostly to start organisation with Martin's parents for the wedding in a year. Ollie had come back to London for summer anyway and had no problem spending time with Hamish. Molly had dragged Noel into it and the two were in her room packing her stuff for when she was going to leave to go to Cambridge. Which John found rather scary. His little girl going to university.

"Well it is mine," Hamish pointed out as he moved over to take his papa's box off him. John thanked him and offered to make tea, deciding to leave the physical stuff to the young and healthy men. "And look, I'm helping!"

"Well done," Martin rolled his eyes, stepping out of the door to take the box downstairs, having managed to pick up the photo frame from the floor after a lot of effort. He sighed in slight exaggeration as he reached the outdoors, adding the box to the small pile already in the truck. The day had only just begun... there was a lot of moving ahead of them. Both of his dads wanted to move their chairs and everything. Of course it would have been so much easier with an actual moving team.

"Having fun?" Max asked from where he was leaning against the truck, taking a short break. He had been put in charge of organising everything in the truck so it would all fit. Not exactly physically exerting which was the whole reason he had been given the job.

"Yeah, totally," Martin replied sarcastically. "Hamish's help just makes my day."

Max chuckled, moving over to give Martin a quick kiss on the lips. "Just make him help. Gang up on him with Ollie. I'm sure that will work."

"Thank you for your brilliant advice." Martin smiled nonetheless and disappeared back up the stairs. Thankfully Hamish had decided to actually help with the boxes and was just about to come down the stairs with Ollie.

It was half past one in the afternoon when they all gathered for lunch, most of the boxes packed away. Max had stopped with the arranging to help John prepare food for eight and after clearing the table everything was set up.

"Well this is nice, all the family together," John mumbled through his eating (he was quite ravenous) and glaring at Sherlock, who was picking at the food John had dumped on his plate like a fussy child. It wasn't too bad, though, as John only had one man child to force to eat. Hamish was being pestered by Ollie who was actually quite close to force feeding him. Though Max himself wasn't eating that much he was making Martin have something. Molly, of course, was stuffing her face as much as John was.

"It is quite," Sherlock smiled warmly at his partner. It was nice to see all of them happy. Neither he nor John had been too worried about Molly as she was a romantic like John and would find many people. Which wasn't necessarily a good thing. Martin and Hamish had both unfortunately taken after Sherlock. But there were with people who complimented them. And Martin was engaged! Sherlock was already planning everything. He may have also learned origami off youtube so as to decide what shape the napkins would be in. But nobody had to know that.

"The joys of being in a relationship with a Watson-Holmes, eh?" Max commented at Ollie who had lowered himself to spearing a piece of food on his fork and putting it up to Hamish's mouth, paired with many threats.

"Tell me about it," Ollie sighed with a glare at Hamish who reluctantly ate the small sandwich square. "He's not even on a case!"

"Doesn't mean my brain isn't working. I'm devising and important experiment and food is slowing it down."

"Bullshit."

"I don't have that problem," Noel added in with a teasing smile in Molly's direction, who was still inhaling her food.

"You got the normal one." Ollie gave a pointed glare at Hamish who merely shrugged.

"Hey! I will have you know that I am not normal." Molly pouted slightly, continuing with her eating.

"True, you eat enough for a sumo wrestler." Noel smirked slightly with a laugh. Martin arched an eyebrow, looking at Max with a look akin to 'why do I choose to spent time with these crazy people? Even if they are my family.'

"That is not fair!"

The joking arguments ceased after a while and conversation was easy between the four couples. It took until late afternoon to pack everything else up. With this done Max and Martin returned to the hotel they were staying in and Noel went back home. Sherlock and John made sure all of their children knew the new address before, after a bit of argument over who was driving, Sherlock took the wheel and they headed to their new house in Sussex.

And so Hamish Watson-Holmes truly took his place as the consulting detective living in 221b Baker Street.