''Should I expect you home tonight?'' Gennifer asked, trying to feign an innocent tone while she fiddled with a broken ordinate.

''He ain't coming home tonight.'' Starr said with a snort. ''He's got a sweet little ass--''

''Starr!'' Both Gennifer and Cloud exclaimed but she just waved her hand in dismissal, pretending not to notice my flaming cheeks while I stared at her in utter horror.

''Whatever. Just don't knock him up, Cloud. I don't think the world would be ready for a offspring of yours just yet.'' Starr teased, earning Cloud to roll his eyes and shoot her a look.

Though, I froze from her words and felt all the blood in my cheeks drain as my hands instantly flew up to my stomach. I knew she was stating her sentence in a teasing manner, attempting to rile Cloud up but her words hit me hard. I hadn't thought about the small person inside me all day, trying to push the thoughts to the back of my mind but it seemed, trying to suppress the thought only made remembering like a kick to the gut.

''I'm not going to humor you.'' Cloud muttered, tugging on my hand to not only pull me from my stupor but the living room as well. I was practically stumbling along after Cloud as he led me into the hallway to retrieve our coats before heading outside, wincing from the cold winter wind nipping at our noses and cheeks.

I felt as though I was on autopilot as my mind stayed settled on the little person which I had yet to inform Cloud about. I had to tell him, the longer I waited the harder it was going to be to reveal.

''Cloud, I need to--" I started but Cloud shook his head, starting up the engine before speaking.

''I'm sorry my sister spoke that way, she was dropped on her head as a baby.'' Cloud explained with bitter humor. ''You aren't a booty call, Terrance and I hate my sister portraying you as one.''

''I'm sure she meant no harm but--"

''No, I'll talk to her tomorrow. She's going to apologize.'' Cloud said, cutting me off once again. ''I'm tired of her being so vulgar with her language.''

I raised an eyebrow at that. I've spent the last few weeks heading over to Cloud's house after school and Starr wasn't exactly vulgar, she just enjoyed getting reactions from everyone around her; enjoying the attention she was gathering and I never held any of her words against her. Starr was who she was and I didn't think Cloud suggesting it change would actually change anything. She'd still speak her mind whether it was appropriate or not.

Really, the entire Stryker family spoke their minds.

Wind was more awkward with his statements, making it hard to tell if he was judging or complimenting you but everyone seemed to just go with the latter, giving him the benefit of the doubt if you will. Then, there was Gennifer and her options and suggestions as she liked to call them were a little out of the normal for a mom but considering her house was filled with teenage adults, I understood.

Basically, from what I've gathered from the Stryker family was that they were in fact an odd bunch but a happy and loving family non the less.

''Cloud, I really didn't take any offence from what Starr said. I mean, she has said worse but--''

''What do you mean worse?''

''Dammit, Cloud! I'm not trying to turn this conversation away from the subject I actually want to talk about so let's drop the Starr subject.'' I stressed, groaning in frustration as Cloud pulled to a stop just down the road from my house. ''Look, we'll talk once we get inside. Sneak around back and I'll let you through the window just try not to fall out of the tree.''