"What?" I ask.

Another year here? "Cade, you must really think about your future from this day onwards. You need to start concentrating on class if you don't want to repeat a year," Principal Howard says.

"Don't worry, Howard. I will make sure he goes to class and actually studies," dad promises. Never make promises you can't make. I have to attend classes now? I look at dad and I can tell he's really pissed. But I couldn't care less. I kind of expected this would happen. I just didn't know it would be this soon.

"I'm glad to hear that. Now Cade, please attend your classes. It's very important that you do," Principal Howard says. I nod.

Dad and I both leave the Principal's office soon after. Dad signs a few pieces of paper before he leaves the administration office. I sit outside, waiting for him like he told me to. I know I'm going to hear a lot of screaming but I really am not in the mood to hear him yell at me again. It's always the same thing over and over again. I'm a disappointment, I have no responsibility nor any pride. I'm selfish and ya de da.

"I can't believe I had to come here again to hear my own son needs to repeat a grade," dad growls.

"He didn't say I'm going to repeat a grade, he said I might if I keep skipping more than another three weeks," I state.

"Stop with that smart ass mouth. This is so embarrassing, I cannot fathom it," he says. I roll my eyes. "Don't you roll your eyes at me!" dad yells.

I grit my teeth together, looking away from him. "You're just like your uncle. You're reckless, selfish, immature... I wonder when you will grow up, but I actually am starting to believe that you never will. You'll just be like your uncle..."

"What? Are you going to shun me out of your life like you did to your brother?" I snap back.

Dad jaws tighten, "You bet your ass I am. If you don't get your act together, I'm sending you off to military school," dad threatens.

I laugh, "Right, like you will. I don't think you even want to have a son that is in the military. You might think it can harm your reputation. No, you'll just send me off to the other side of the country to live with your brother because you can't seem to realise that there are people who don't want to listen to you," I growl.

"Oh, no I accepted the fact that you don't listen to me. You are the one who needs to just accept the fact that I'm like this to you because I care about you," he growls.

"Care about me? Is that what you call caring? Dad, you talk to your friends as if I don't exist. You pretend that I'm not even part of your family. You're too embarrassed of me," I spat back.

Dad nods, "Yes, I am embarrassed of you. You're a disgrace to this family and its time you act like an adult," dad says. "Get to class. Let this be the last time I hear you ditching class again."

Dad walks away, not even saying another word to me. I growl, my tightening its grip on the handle. I stand up knowing that it's lunch time now. I walk away from the administration office and go to the only place I know everyone is too reluctant to go to. I head up the stairs to reach the highest level of the school. I walk down the hallway and reach another set of stairs to the rooftop.

The rooftop is usually Ben's territory but I know he isn't at school today. He's somewhere else. I close the rooftop door behind me and go sit at the benches near the corner of the roof. I lay down on the bench, using my arm to cover my eyes from the sun and my jacket as a blanket over my waist.

I take in long, deep breaths. I hear the rooftop door open and close. I guess Ben is at school today. I don't care and I doubt Ben cares either if he let Kaia stay up here. I suddenly don't feel the sunlight touching the face of my skin. I move my arm from my face and slowly open one eye lid. Instead of seeing the sky, I see Kaia's face hanging over mine.