Chapter 37

Yo yo yo party people!! I'm kinda busy today so it's gonna be kinda a short chapter!

Btw, I'm writing this while listening to Dead Are Rising (Beware The Swarm) by Tryhardninja. It's my favorite song by him by far! Including Take Back The Night. It is beautiful and I LOVE IT!!! You guys HAVE to listen to it!

Here is your chapter! <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear Jordan shuffling beside me. A little moan escapes his lips as he stretches. When he notices I'm looking at him he smiles, but it quickly fades when he sees my expression and his phone in my hand.

"Why?" I ask. "Why wouldn't you tell me about this Jordan?" He glares at me and snatches his phone out of my hands.

"Because I didn't want you freaking out like you are doing now."

"Don't you think I have a pretty legitimate reason to be freaking out right now?!" I shout. "These people trying to end our relationship is one thing, but trying to ruin your career is completely different."

"What do you mean?" He asks confused. I show him the article and he stares at it mouth agape.

"Marie, you are way more important than my career." He says after a moment of shock, grabbing my hand.

"That's not what I meant. I mean that I will always love you, and it will be impossible for them to change that. But it is easy for them to end your job, and make people hate you. All they need is a fake story like this and it's easy to ruin your life."

"Well there's nothing we can do about it now." Jordan says.

"Yes there is and you know that." I say sadly, looking at my shoes. He stares at me for a second before what I'm saying finally sinks in.

"No." He says, angrier than I've ever seen him before. "No. I'm not doing that." He pulls me into a hug and squeezes me tightly.

"We have to Jordan." I feel a tear fall down my. Cheek as I lay my head on his chest. "It's the only way to get them to stop."

"No, I can try to convince everyone that the video was fake, and that wasn't me! Or I can tell them what really happened! They would believe me!" I shook my head, sniffing in.

"Not all of them, Jordan. You know I'm right." He lets go and pulls me back so that I am looking in his eyes.

"I don't need all of them to believe. The true fans will believe me, and those are the only fans I want. As long as I still have you." I sigh, knowing he won't give up.

"But this isn't all. Those people will keep harassing us until we break up." I swallow hard. "Or until I'm dead, they have shown that they are capable of that." Jordan starts crying. Each breath in is like a hiccup. I can't stand seeing people cry, it makes me cry too, so I bring my legs to my chest and bury my face between my knees.

I hear the bed squeak, signifying Jordan was leaving. Footsteps go down the hall and a door opens and closes. Not the front door though, it sounds closer. He's in his gaming room. I stand up and creep slowly outside the door and listen.

"H-Hey dudes." Jordan says between hiccup cries. "Today I-I need to talk to you all about the a-article that was p-posted. I want you to kn-know the story behind it." He stops until he controls himself and is able to talk properly again. He starts from when we met at minecon. He says that he began getting mysterious texts the day after minecon when someone spotted me leaving his apartment. "She was only there for advice and left soon after." He insists. "The texts said that I couldn't talk to her again. I thought they were hilarious, I was sure they were a joke, or at least an empty threat, and the anonymous person would stay anonymous. Plus I didn't even know Marie that well then, so I thought it was stupid." His voice sounds pleading, like he is begging for people to believe him.

"But they began to get scarier. This person was watching me everywhere I went. When I was in the shower they sent a text saying 'is the water warm?' Texts like these are the ones that put me on edge for the rest of the day. Anyway, Marie and I started spending a lot of time together and eventually I started developing feelings for her. The more I liked her, the more threatening the messages became. Some threatening her life. I was really paranoid but, again, expected them to be empty threats." His breaths are shaky and I know he is about to start crying again. "Then as soon as the vlog saying we were dating went public, I got a message saying 'I warned you. Watch your backs.' I realize I probably should have warned Marie about this, but I wasn't thinking." I hear him sniff.

"Marie and I went to the beach. And they..." He trails off and I hear him cry. This time it is loud and it makes my heart shatter into a million pieces. "They... They tried to drown her. That video was taken by the person sending me the messages. They had one person drown Marie while the others held me back, to keep me away from her. I started attacking them because I seen Marie stop moving under the water and I needed to get to her. I wasn't just attacking random fans like the article said." He sounds furious now, like he is ready to murder someone.

"She was in the hospital for almost 5 days because she went insane. She is still having nightmares and you can't touch her shoulder or else she will have flashbacks. She has to go to therapy now, and she may never be back to normal." He yells into his camera. He takes a deep breath and adds, "And that is why I am going to take a break from YouTube. At least until her therapy is over. Maybe forever." I gasp and stand up.

I slam open the door open, my face streaked with tears. "Jordan Maron don't you dare." I say sternly. He jumps and turns around to look at me.

"It's not your decision to make Marie. I'm doing what's best for us."

"JORDAN STOP NOW!" He pushes end on the recording and doesn't even edit the video, he just goes to upload it. "NO!" I lunge at him to push his chair out of the way before he can click the upload button.

But I am too late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that wasn't too crappy :(

This chapter is dedicated to Kimber5541. She is a newer-ish reader who always leaves comments and is really funny too! ;)

Vote if you like it! Comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani