Chapter 21

Hey guys! Sorry again about not having a chapter on Friday! It was my birthday party!!! And I wanted to watch as much of Mitch's livestream as I could before my party started. (Which wasn't much because he started an hour late...)

But I'm here now! Writing to you guys on my day off! You lucky dawgs!

Btw... CATCHING FIRE WAS AMAZING!! That is all, have a nice day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Jordan's POV>

The lights dim and everyone focuses their attention to the screen, but I can't. I feel like Marie is still mad at me and I don't want her to be mad. I don't want her to stop talking to me. I look at her and see she is really into the movie. I look at Justin and Kelsea and see they are also. I reach my hand out slowly. My fingers come in contact with her skin and my breath hitches in my throat.

What if she doesn't like me? What if she thinks it is creepy for me to hold her hand. I should just pull my hand back and pretend it was an accident. No, it's been there for too long, she must know it wasn't an accident. I can't back down now.

I inch my hand closer and closer until my fingers are laced between hers. I feel her stiffen and I start to panic. She is scared, she doesn't like me back. I'm an idiot.

Just then I feel her squeeze back ever so slightly. I don't even know if it was on purpose, but I think it means that she relaxed slightly. I glance at her without turning my head, out of the corner of my eye. She looks strait ahead at the screen. I let out my breath in a silent sigh. I don't pay attention for the rest of the movie. I can't focus on the screen long enough.

I think my hand is sweating. One of ours is, because I cant feel the dampness on my hand. I think I am shaking. I squeeze my hand a little tighter. Not much, just enough to make it stop shaking. I think I am over thinking this. Maybe she thinks I mean this in a friendly way.

Suddenly I hear chatter around me and look up at the screen to see the credits rolling down. Did I seriously just miss the whole movie? I let go of Marie's hand and stand, wiping my hands on my pants to rid the sweat. I look at Marie as she stands and I see she isn't looking at me.

Great. I'm pretty sure I just ruined our friendship.

<Marie's POV>

I look down at my feet. Trying to avoid Jordan's gaze. I don't want him to see me blushing. He may not have even meant that in a romantic way. Maybe he was just trying to be friendly and comfort me during a scary part. No, it wasn't a scary part.

I hear Justin and Kelsea chattering about the movie around us. They both read the book and loved it. Kelsea complains about how it was so much worse than the book and Justin argues with her to say that it wasn't really as bad as she is making it out to be. Jordan and I walk awkwardly behind them, side by side. When we get to the car, Kelsea drives and Justin sits in the passenger seat, leaving me and Jordan in the back together. I look down at my hands, and Jordan looks out the window.

Justin and Kelsea's argument is so heated that they don't even notice that you could cut the awkwardness between Jordan and I with a knife. I turn my head to look at Jordan. I look at the features on his face. His perfect rounded nose. The stubble on his chin and up and around to his ears. His eyebrows that, even from an angle, I can tell are currently furrowed down.

Wait, is he angry? Is he angry with me? I continue to look at him, to see if I could possibly decode his feelings. I wish I could just read his mind to know what he is thinking right now. He turns his head and his eyes meet mine, but I can't seem to tear my eyes away from his. His eyes are the same dark brown color as his eyebrows and messy hair. In his eyes I don't see anger, like I expected, but I see sadness.

I don't want him to be sad. I reach out and grab his hand, not breaking our gaze, and give him a slight smile. I see the sadness leave is eyes quickly and he smiles back, squeezing my hand a little. I squeeze back and the awkwardness is gone.

Unless I misread the past few seconds, I am pretty sure Jordan likes me back. And this time, I am not going to let this opportunity pass.

We pull into the parking lot of Jordan's apartment, and park the car. Justin and Kelsea continue to argue, and walk past us quickly towards the elevator. I don't let Jordan let go of my hand this time. I hold on tighter once they are far ahead. I plant my feet on the ground and stop walking. Justin and Kelsea don't notice and get onto the elevator and the doors shut, taking them up to Jordan's floor.

Jordan turns his head to look at me and I start to feel a little lightheaded, my anxiety starting to build up. I realize I need to say something, before this moment passes.

"Jordan-" suddenly I am interrupted by his lips pressed against mine. I am shocked at first and don't know what to do. I have never kissed anyone, unless you include the time Justin kissed me in the elevator a few days ago, but I didn't kiss back then. But I do now.

Every dream I have had for the past three years are coming true. I take everything in, try to keep it tucked away in my mind, so I can remember it forever. The sensation of his lips on mine. They are so soft. The smell of his cologne. It smells like cinnamon and mint. The feel of his stubble on his chin. It feels rough against my cheeks. The feel of one hand pressed against my back, and one laced in my hand. Heat radiates there, making the rest of my body feel ice cold.

My eyes are closed so tightly that I have no idea what is happening around me. But my brain imagines that there are fireworks in the sky, a sunset waiting for us to look at over the horizon. It is more than I ever imagined.

But of course it can't last forever. It ends much too quickly. Even after I can feel the absence of Jordan pressed against me, I keep my eyes closed. If I open them, I will either find that I was dreaming this whole time and everything will be ripped away from me forever, or I will remember that I am in a dirty old parking garage in the middle of a dark and cloudy day.

The loss of his touch causes my whole body to freeze over. But then I feel his forehead press against mine, and the heat returns, this time spreading throughout my whole being.

"You have no idea how badly I wanted to do that." Jordan whispers. I open my eyes to see that it really wasn't a dream, and Jordan really is right here, holding me. Then I black out and fall to the ground.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT HAS FINALLY HAPPENED!!!!! ARE YOU PROUD?! ARE YOU PROUD OF ME?!?!

That was so hard for me to write! Like honestly! I have been reading as many fan fictions as possible for the past few weeks JUST so I could figure out how I should write that part! I wanted to know like what it felt like, and what I should include. Eventually I started to get sick of the words "Our lips moved in sync" or "Asking for entrance" or "Battled for dominance which ____ quickly won" so I decided to avoid saying any of those things.

I DEED IT!! I DEEEEEEEEDDDD IIITTTTT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!

I almost started fangirling as I was writing that! It seriously took waaaayy too long!

Also, this book is currently #15 if you search CaptainSparklez!!! THAT'S TOTALLY WICKED AND I CAN'T BELIEVE WE DID IT!!! Soooo... do you guys think we could do top ten? That may be asking for a little much but I think we can do it! Just make sure to vote and maybe share this with a few of your friends? Eh? Maybe? Eh? You should! And also, we are so close to 2,000 reads!!!! Lets do it!

I'll make you guys another bet. If this gets 2,000 reads, 120 votes and makes it into at least the top twelve, I will give you another chapter! The minute it happens!

Lol, anyways, leave a vote if you like it, and comment if you feel like it!

<3

Nani