Chapter 32

Oh god... I was listening to music during science, (we are allowed to, my science teacher is really cool!) and "Get Off My Block" came on. I have memorized every word so, of course, I was mouthing the words. Then Jordan's part came on and I started to actually rap along with it, out loud... Not too loud, only the kid next to me heard but he looked at me like I was insane.

Anyways, here is your chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Marie's POV>

I lie in the hospital bed and stare at the ceiling. The tiles have little dots in them and I count each one. Doing something hat makes me think helps me to feel normal. As soon as I hit 2,678 I hear the door open. I don't look to see who it is. I have been counting way too long to stop and lose my place.

"Hello Miss Goldshire." Says an unfamiliar voice.

"2,679. 2,680. 2,681. 2,682." I say out loud.

"Why are you counting?" The person asks.

"2,683. 2,684. 2,685. 2,686." I continue, ignoring them completely.

"Marie, can you answer me please?"

"2,687. 2,689. 2,690."

"Marie, answer the doctor." A different and very familiar voice says. I freeze, my eyes locked on dot number 2,691. I don't move a muscle, I'm not even sure if I'm breathing. One thing I do know though is that my heart rate has sky rocketed. Not only do I feel it pounding against my chest, but I can hear the monitors beeping around me. A nurse walks in and adds a new bag of liquid to my IV, probably something to help keep me calm.

"Thank you Mr. Maron, but I can handle this." I snap my eyes away from the dot, losing probably an hours worth of commitment, and lock them with the doctor's.

"Don't talk to him like that." I snap. Jordan looks at me, a smile spreading to his eyes. I furrow my eyebrows into a glare and send it Jordan's way. He had just automatically assumed I said that because I cared. I don't care about him, he is just lying to me. He wants to hurt me.

But, if I didn't say it because I cared, why did I say it. Every time I see Jordan, my brain swirls and I forget everything that is happening. Even now as I look at him I have to remind myself. These aren't really doctors. They are people who are trying to kill me. They are running tests on me right now, then they will kill me. Kelsea and Justin are working for them. I can't tell if Jordan is. That is what confuses me about him. He isn't afraid of me. He doesn't run with guilt, like the other two, whenever he looks into my crazy eyes. I giggle a little at that. "Crazy eyes" sounds funny.

"Is something funny?" The doctor asks with a curious and caring tone.

"Yes." I say giggling a little louder. Jordan and the doctor look at me confused. I wove my pointer finger in a beckoning motion, telling them to come closer. They both lean in, and I can't help but laugh a full laugh now. It's just so funny! "I have crazy eyes." I whisper. Then I burst out into a guffaw. I laugh louder than I have in a very long time, clapping my hands every few seconds. When I notice neither of them are laughing with me I quiet down back into a giggle. "Why aren't you guys laughing? Isn't it funny?"

"I'm afraid I don't understand the joke." The doctor says. I look at Jordan expectantly, hoping he will get it. He just stares back at me, no emotion on his face whatsoever. I can see his jaw is clenched, and his hands lay as fists against his sides. I cock my head to the side.

"Planning on punching someone?" I ask Jordan. He releases his hands but he doesn't look the slightest bit calmer. He sits on the chair next to me and puts his head in his hands. "Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!" I joke. Nobody seems to think it's funny, so I just sigh. "So what was so important that you interrupted my ceiling dot counting for?" The doctor looks up at the ceiling, noticing the dots, then looks back down at me.

"Well, I am the hospital's social worker. I wanted to talk about why you are here, and when you will leave."

"When are you going to drop the stupid act?" I say annoyed. "I know this isn't a hospital." He looks at me confused and I hear Jordan sniff behind me. I turn to him and glare. "Either man up, or get out. I can't stand listening to you cry like a little girl." Jordan quickly stands up and walks out of the room and as soon as the door shuts I regret saying that. I feel an ache in my chest but push it aside, along with the feeling of guilt.

"Now, you don't need to be so rude. He is just trying to help." The doctor says.

"Yea, you guys."

"Well I suppose yes. Because we are also trying to help you." I roll my eyes. "Miss Goldshire, can you  please tell me what happened?"

"Where do I start?" I ask.

"From the beginning of all of this."

"Well, there was a man and a woman, named Martha and Joel, who loved each other very much. So they decided to have a baby. They named her Marie and-"

"That's not what I meant Marie, and you know that." I giggle at his frustration.

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry short chapter cuz I'm busy today! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I don't actually know how to use the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) thing so I just put it in there O_o

Vote if you like it, comment if you feel like it!

<3