Chapter 9

Hey guys! I'm not supposed to be using my phone right now but I am anyways MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Anywhore, here's another chapter for you! Kisses! Also, as I was writing this I realized they are still in Miami for minecon and it didn't really work that they went to his apartment... Can we just ignore that? Pretend minecon was actually in LA or something?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk out of the bathroom to see Jordan sitting on his white ikea couch. He smiles at me and pats the seat next to him. As soon as I touch the cushion I let out a sigh. I bring my knees up to my chest and put my face between them. I hug my legs close and try to take steady breaths.

"What's wrong Marie?" The concern in Jordan's voice is so heavy it almost pains me. I lift my head and look into his dark brown eyes. I realize now that he is wearing his gray beanie. God, it gets me every time. His beard is just coming in so there are small stubbles poking out. Just seeing him here in front of me makes me smile.

"Nothing now." I say. That obviously doesn't cut it for him. He gives me a look that says 'come on...' I sigh and drop my gaze from his eyes. "Justin and I had a small fight. That's all."

"What happened?" I feel like my heart stops beating. I can't tell him about the kiss, it would be too awkward. But what if he can help?

"He said we were going to look for houses here tomorrow and I laughed. I said I was sorry but he still wouldn't talk to me." Jordan stares at me, he knows I'm not telling him something.

"You guys are too good of friends to let that effect your relationship." He says, "what else happened?"

"He kissed me." I say quietly. I wish I could take it back, I wish I didn't just tell him that, but I did, and I have to explain more. "He kissed me and it was really weird because I didn't know he liked me, and I don't like him like that."

"Oh." Jordan says. There is something in his voice that I can't quite place. It stays silent for a little while and the awkwardness is so thick I could slice through it with a knife. Finally he breaks the silence. "Are you sure you don't like him like that?"

I think for a moment. Why wouldn't I like him? I have known him basically my whole life, and we have the exact same personality. He is really really attractive, but I never really thought of him that way. But there is something that feels wrong about liking him, and finally I realize.

"I couldn't..." I say, "because I like someone else." There is more silence. "But he is way out of my league and I'm sure he doesn't like me."

"I don't see why anyone wouldn't like you." Jordan whispers. I look up at him, now he is looking at the ground.

"Thanks, you really made me feel better." I say. Jordan looks up at me and gives me one of his smiles where only the corners of his mouth lifts.

"Any time." He lets out a breath and stands up. I realize how short he is as he stands in front of me. It's kind of odd, his legs are short but the rest of his body is regularly sized. I smile, he is a normal person, he isn't perfect, he is just like anyone else, including me. "You are welcome to crash here if you want. But I suggest you go back to your hotel and fix things with Justin." He places his hand on my shoulder. "That's a friendship you don't want to lose."

His eyes look like he is contemplating something, struggling to make a decision. Eventually he shakes his head and walks into his room. I wish I knew what He was thinking.

I decide to go back. I need to apologize to Justin. It was my fault. I grab a taxi back to the hotel and head up to my room. I see Justin laying in bed and I shake his arm gently. He mumbles something and sits up rubbing his eyes. I sit down on the bed next to him and look at him.

He really is attractive. Why have I never noticed it before? Justin realizes who I am and his face changes. He seems more awake and he looks hurt. I hug him close to me.

"Justin I'm so sorry." I pull back and look into his eyes. "I was caught off guard and was confused. I didn't mean to hurt you, you are my best friend. And I don't want that to ever change. I don't know what I would do if I lost you."

"Don't apologize Marie. It's my fault, I don't know what I was thinking, kissing you like that. But I really was hurt that you laughed at me." He looks down and I drop my arms from his shoulders. "I had even called your mother to make sure she approved of you moving to LA. She said yes." I stop breathing. "She even said she will send money." I knock Justin off the bed with the huge hug I gave him. I lie on top of him and hug him and thank him over and over. I lift my head and look him in the eyes.

"I'm so sorry I laughed at you. You are literally the best guy on this planet."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. We look for apartments tomorrow. But for now, we go to bed." And we do, happily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welllllll how was it?!?! Let me know in the comments!

This story is moving at a lot faster pace than I would like it to, but I feel like it has to or else it will be too boring. Blechh.

But there you go! A chapter before midnight! You guys owe me ;)

This chapter is dedicated to EmilyBoggs!! Thank you so much for being so sweet! You guys should all check out "Team Crafted and friends (one-shots)"

<3

Nani