"I think he was going to shit his pants," Vi giggles.

During our homeroom meeting, I sit at the back with Kieran and Vi. Mr Reed hasn't arrived yet. I earned a few glances as people walk into the classroom. But they weren't glares. They looked more a bit worried to get me angry type of glare, I think. But at the same time, they looked angry. Well, I'm angry too!

"What happened during lunch?" Kieran asks, leaning towards me.

"She yelled at everyone, like to everyone," Vi whispers. Vi looked happy. I smile. To be honest, I don't think I should be smiling right now. I think everyone hates me for even telling them off.

Cade walks into class and again, I'm surprised to see him. What does he have planned to do this time? Just to get out of class? Cade takes a seat beside Kieran after having the one word greet to each other. Soon after, Mr Reed walks in.

"Okay class, we have to pick the class captains," Mr Reed says. "I want you guys to nominate some people and then we'll..." Mr Reed pauses.

I look at him and follow his gaze towards Cade. Cade smiles happily.

"Uh, Cade? What are you doing in class?" he asks.

"I thought it's time to actually attend some of my classes now, try to be a good student," he says with a smile. I could tell he's joking but I'm really wondering why he's in class too.

"Oh? That's good," Mr Reed says. "As I was saying, you guys should nominate some people to be class captain and we will have a voting to announce who the captain would be. You can always nominate yourselves."

Is that why Cade is here? So he can nominate himself or something? Does he really care about class politics? One of Vivian's minions raises her hands immediately.

"Yes, Rebecca?"

"I would like to nominate Vivian because she's the nicest person I know and she has great leadership qualities," she says.

"Yeah, Vivian would make a great captain," says another one of Vivian's minions.

Mr Reed nods, "Alright then," he says, writing Vivian's name on the blackboard. "Anyone else?" Mr Reed asks.

No one puts their hand up. Ew, does it have to be Vivian Harper? Anyone but Vivian, please! I look around the room, hoping someone would be eager to give another name. Abruptly, Cade shoots his hand up in the sky.

"Cade?" Mr Reeds asks, sounding more surprised.

Thank God. Cade stands up, "I would like to nominate Kaia Mercer," he nominates.

"What?" I yelp.

"I want to nominate her because unlike Vivian, Kaia will protect this class as if her own life depends on it. She will defend the class as though we are all her best friends and she will help us become the best class there could ever be. She holds true leadership potential that everyone might find themselves to respect," Cade says.

"I object!" I immediately jump up.

"Kaia, this isn't a court room. This is school," Mr Reed states.

I laugh with embarrassment, "He's just joking, Sir. He doesn't really mean to nominate me," I tell Mr Reed. "You're so funny, Cade." I glare at him.

"And she's modest too," Cade adds.

I grind my teeth together. I really wish looks can kill because I really want him dead. Is this why he came to class today? So he can do this? So he can ruin my life? I want to destroy him.

"Does anyone else wants to second that?" Mr Reed asks.

I look at Kieran, narrowing my eyes at him. He better not second that. "If you second that, I will dye your hair purple," I threaten Kieran. Kieran scowls at me.

"I second it," Vi jumps up. No! I look at Vi. Why did she do that? Does she hate me too? "Cade is right. Kaia defended me and she barely knows me. So I know she'd defend everyone too, like she did in the cafeteria today," she says confidently. Wow, it's like I'm looking at a completely different person.

"Vi, is that you?" I ask, almost speechless.

"Very well. So we have two nominees," Mr Reed says, writing my name on the blackboard. No! I hit my head against the table, ready to die. I wish the ghost of Hell will come out and just take me away with them. I don't care where I'd go, anywhere is better than here.

Mr Reed hands out us all a piece of paper. We have to write a name down out of the two people and place it into the box. Even though I don't want Vivian to be captain, I definitely don't want to be captain. I hope people really did hate me at that cafeteria and put Vivian's name down. I even put Vivian's name down. She better win.

By the time Mr Reed collects everyone's votes, he asks Lily to read out the names of each name in the piece of paper and to show the whole class to show its validity. Lily pulls out one paper and opens it.

"Vivian," she reads, showing us all the piece of paper.

Thank God. Mr Reed puts one line under Vivian's name. Lily opens another one and its Vivian again. Mr Reed puts another line under Vivian's name. So far, so good. Two people said Vivian, that means nineteen more students left.

"Vivian," she says again. Okay, eighteen more votes left. "Kaia," she reads. What? She shows the piece of paper to everyone and I see my name written on the paper. Crap! It's real. Mr Reed puts one line under my name. That line represents a crack in my soul. "Kaia," she reads again.

After a few minutes, Vivian and I are in a tie. We both have ten votes each. There's one vote left to be read. I really hope that its' Vivian. I can't believe ten people voted for me. Why would people do that to me? Why would they vote me? Didn't they hate me after what I did in the cafeteria? No one likes being yelled at and no one likes to hear that someone is embarrassed by them. Maybe this is all their revenge. To get back at me for that incident in the cafeteria. I sometime wish I would just keep my mouth shut. Why was I born with such a big mouth?

Lily pulls out the last piece of paper and I cross my fingers. I really hope that it says Vivian, I really hope that she says Vivian. "Kaia," she reads. No! No!

"No!" I yell. "It must be rigged. How did I even get eleven votes?" I whine.

"Do you want to turn down your position as captain?" Mr Reed asks. You can do that? Yes, I would like to turn down my position as captain. Before I could say anything, I hear it speak.

Cade laughs, "Look, she's so shocked that she won, she can't believe it," Cade says. I snap my head towards him and I scowl. I hate him.

"Well, congratulations Kaia, you're the class captain," Mr Reed says. Kieran pulls me back down to my seat. I can't believe this just happens. The class applauds. I look at Vivian and she's scowling at me. Honey, I voted for you.

Her lip twitches and she gives me the most disgusting look I have ever seen. She turns her attention back to the front, her hair flicking behind her. You know what, I'm glad that she didn't won. We'd all be expelled by now if she won.

There is a knock at the door and everyone applauds stop. A small kid walks in, looks like he is in tenth grade. "Uh, the Principal wants to see Cade Pearson," the boy says. What does Principal Howler want with Cade? Wait, why am I even asking? It's so obvious.

Mr Reed sighs, "How did I know it was Cade?" Mr Reed mutters to himself. "You heard him, Cade, go to the principal's office."

I watch Cade stand up, stretching out his arms. "See ya," he salutes to everyone before leaving the classroom with his bag strap over his shoulder. He's been caught ditching again. I can't help but smile to how typical it is for Cade to be sent to the principal's office. I don't get him but he actually loves getting caught. He's definitely not like Kieran.

[a/n: Sorry for not updating last week, had a pretty hectic week last week. Well, here is chapter nine. In five weeks, my semester will finish and I'd have summer holidays! I really can't wait for the holidays, I feel like I'm sick of life at the moment that I just want to ditch my University life and live life as a slacker. So much work in such little time. 

Anywho, what did you think of this story so far? Good, bad, ugly? I always loved reading your thoughts and comments that I probably live my day reading them haha.]