But then, nothing can be normal with Suvi! I know I surprised her by telling her I know about her studying law.

I know she is planning to reopen the restaurant that her father used to own. I hate to admit it to her, or even to myself that I had tried to keep up with whatever she had been doing in the last ten years.

I had been furious with her, still am. But somehow when we met after so long that anger did not seem as important.

"Mmmph-Whha-Shuvi-" I sutured as I felt my mouth stuffed with cake. I smiled as I chewed. Chocolate. I looked at her as she stood with a smile and raised eyebrow, wanting to know how it is. I shrugged, attempting to tease her. "It is okay." In fact it was amazing!

"Ha! You love it, the way you are licking your lips." She said looking smug.

I smiled. "Over confident as always. At least you could not mess with the cake colour."

"Don't worry, the icing will be brightest yellow with green and red polka dots." She said as she placed the green batter in the oven next.

Oh horrors! Polka dots?? On a cake?

Thankfully the icing she would do later. I doubt I could actually stand and witness that colour scheme on something as heavenly as cake I thought as I reached to break a piece of the mouth watering chocolate cake. "Aoow.. Suvi one piece." I pleaded as she batted my hand away even before my fingers could reach the chocolate goodness.

"Absolutely not. You can have tomorrow, after it is completed."

I shudder at the completed image as it formed in my mind. Yellow with those polka dots.

"Shishir, remember you cannot give out the details to anyone. It is a surprise. Okay?" She warned.

I snorted as I took out a bottle of water from the fridge. "Big deal." I muttered.

"I always surprise them." She said sounding indignant. "Like last time I chose nature as my theme for cake."

"Going by your obvious eccentric sense of eating a cake, what did you make? A green sunflower or blue apple?" I asked sarcastically as I took a big gulp of water.

"No, a Yellow and black python, eating a red frog."

Nothing had prepared me for this. The water I had gulped forgot the correct route to take and invaded my respiratory track instead.

It spluttered out from my mouth and nose landing on the kitchen counter.

"Shishir! Careful. The cake." Suvi screamed as she rescued the cake and it's components out of the way from this unexpected and not so pleasing water sprout.

But seriously, first she half chokes me to death with her taste in cake designing and then she is more worried about saving the cake and not a half dead friend!

"What is wrong with you?" She said, without a trace of sympathy as I leaned on the counter wheezing for breath and beating my chest for some air to go down. My face must be resembling the colour of that frog by now.

Yuck! Wrong thought.

"Did anyone even eat it?" I asked once oxygen supply was working better in my body.

"Of course. I mean initially they were surprised and slightly – er hesitant. But once I convinced them to have it they loved it."

"Has it ever occurred to you bake something normal, more human related?"

"What is so abnormal about it? Besides it gave such a nice message. Strong oppressing the weak." She said defiantly.

Are we really taking about cake?