"Can we test him to find out?"

"If you'd like."

"Yeah." I nodded.

"But Halle the real reason I wanted to talk with you privately is because I'm a mother myself. And I know if I was in your shoes I would be beside myself, and I want you to know that you are not alone. There are many people in that room back there who are there for you."

"I know that." I gave her a little smile.

She walked me back and I knew I now had to tell this to Ashton who was probably going to freak out.

As I came up to the open door I stopped before I could walk in, everyone noticing me, so I bit my lip and motioned Ashton over with my finger.

His eyes and mouth were wide as he looked at me then set Gracie who was in his arms on the bed and walked over to me.

I turned and began to walk through the halls until I navigated my way outside to a courtyard where I sat down on a bench, Ashton siting down next to me.

"I feel like you're about to tell me you have three months to live." He said in a scared voice.

"Two." I commented back and his eyes about popped out of his head. "I'm kidding."

"That's not even remotely funny." His face became serious.

"Sorry." I gave him an apologetic look and took his hand. "But um...I have epilepsy."

He sighed.

"Epilepsy." He said the word. "Okay, so what do we do?"

"I take medication for it and hopefully that can stop me from having seizures."

"Alright." He nodded. "Now what else are you not telling me?"

"That Dr. Lisa thinks it might be hereditary and she wants to test Ender for it."

He let out a loud breath at that.

"Okay."

He shook his head and took a moment to collect his thoughts.

"How are you though?"

"I'm okay. I wasn't as shocked as I thought I would be, but I know I'm in good hands and have a lot of people to help me."

"You do." He smiled and then moved his arm to go around my shoulders so I could be close and lean into him.

"I'm sorry I worry you so much." I mumbled and he let out a chuckle.

"I only worry so much because it's you." He kissed the top of my head.

"I heard what you said this morning to your mom...about me dropping dead in front of you...do you really think that will happen?"

"I thought you were unconscious." He gave me a pointed look, telling me I wasn't supposed to have heard that.

"Answer me." I lightly hit his chest.