Mean guys

Two nervous parents beam at their son, wide smiles of both excitement and panic clear in their expressions as the father hands off a brown paper bag "this is your lunch, I put a dollar in there in case you want to buy some milk or a soda. You can ask one of the big kids how to do that!" The mother smiles, adding on "you remember your phone number? I wrote in down for you just in case. Put it in your pocket I don't want you to loose it, okay?" A pause ensues before the father asks "you ready?" Their son finally stands, smiling "I think so." The mother shuffles to hug her son while the father snaps picture of the joyful and awkward moment with a peppy comment of "it's Jungkooks big day!" Followed by a camera flash.

~Jungkooks POV~

I guess it's natural for parents to cry on their kids first day of school. But, you know, this usually happens when the kid is five. I'm sixteen and until today I was home-schooled. I know what you're thinking "home-schooled kids are freaks." Or that we're weirdly religious or something. But my family's totally normal. Except for the fact that both of my parents are a retired Korean pop idol duet group. I was home-schooled so I could travel the world with them on tour, so I wouldn't miss too much school, and I would grow up spending time with them. But after nearly twenty years of being idols they decided to retire, and move me to America of all places. Dad was offered a job at a record label as a producer and mom teaches singing classes, so here I am. My first time at a real school, in a different country. Good by Busan, hello New Jersey.

I released a deep breath before waving goodbye to my parents and hastily jogging across the street to my first high school. I smiled, optimism rising in my chest, this is going to be so cool. Students rushed around, bumping into me with expressions of irritation and flat out disinterest. A football whizzed by my head and I flinched slightly, glancing to the left only to see a group of guys in football jackets burning some poor students books. I gulped at the sight but continued the journey to my first class of the day, algebra. A tall teacher catches my attention so I stroll over, smiling "I don't know if anyone told you I was coming but I'm Jeon Jungkook, the new student." The man scoffs "talk to me again and I'll kick your ass. I'm not a teacher." The guy turned on his heel, quickly taking his seat alongside about six other guys all chatting. I hear one call him Yugeom. He seems rude. Two guys chuckled at me from nearby, one with jet black hair and a permeant scowl despite his laugh, the other blonde headed guy rolls his hazel eyes and I realize that there are actually several people that appear to be Korean as well. Maybe I won't be so lonely after all. I move to one of the vacant desks, next to the guy apparently called Yugeom, but to my surprise the black haired student speaks lowly "you don't wanna sit there. Yugeoms girlfriend is gonna sit there." Yugeom glares at me, and I shift uncomfortably to stand before the next empty seat over just as who I assume is Yugeoms girlfriend slides into the seat beside him, quickly leaning in for a gross make out session. Where is the teacher?? This is disgusting! No one should have to witness this! I attempted to sit down,
only to have the same guy speak up again "uh-uh." The black haired guy and the blonde behind him from earlier both shook their heads and pointed away from the large guy seated in front of the desk I was about to sit in, the emo one adding "he farts alot." I cringed, glancing at the large guy just as a noise of gas escaping echoes from his seat. I rush to sit in the next seat back, only to have someone shove past me and steal it. I sighed inwardly, hastily walking back up to the front of the class in search of another seat, bumping into the teacher who just entered the room "hey everybody-" the next thing I knew, donuts flew everywhere and her coffee spilt all over her shirt. My eyes widened, panic and humiliation already gripping me as I rushed to pick up the ruined pasties, apologizing quickly "oh my god, I'm so sorry!" The class erupted with quiet laughter, and the teacher had sighed "it's not you. I'm bad luck." I set the crushed box of soiled donuts on her desk, while she moved to pull her soaked shirt up over her head. Unfortunately her under shirt stuck to the sweater, unknowingly standing with her bra showing just as the principle walked by. The class snickered, and the principal stepped into the classroom, asking "Ms. Sandara Park?" The teacher froze instantly, head stuck in the shirts neck hole, bra still showing before the entire class and principal with a sigh "my tee-shirts stuck to my sweater isn't it?" My eyes widened, mumbling "yeah.." The teacher sighed "fantastic." I quickly rushed forward and pull her tee-shirt down, and she quickly discards the wet sweater while the principal asked "is everything alright in here?" Ms. Park smiled awkwardly "oh yeah.. Hi Ms. Gambrell" The principal smiled "so.. Umm, how was your summer?" She grabs a tissue and begins dabbing it on her shirt in an a attempt to dry it, mumbling "I got divorced." She frowns "oh. My carpal tunnel came back." She raised her right hand, covered in bandages. Ms. Park laughed "I win." She nodded, smiling "yes, you do," she turned to face the class "well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new student joining us. He just moved here all the way from South Korea, his name is Jung Kook. Jung Kook Jeon." I smiled, awkwardly waving to the class "that's me... But it's pronounced Jungkook, one word.." The principal smiled "my apologies, I have a nephew named Anfernee and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee. Anyways my name is Ms. Gambrell nice to meet you Jungkook." The teacher smiled "well, uh, welcome Jungkook. And thank you Ms. Gambrell." She smiled back to Ms. Park "thank you, and uhh.." She steps closer, lowering her voice "if you need someone to talk to about the divorce, I'm here for you." She nodded adding "thanks. But maybe some other time, when my shirt isn't see-through." She glanced down, only just noticing now how obvious her undergarment was before turning back to the class and saying loudly "okay. Good day, everybody." Then left the room.