Highschool love spark

Yoongi had never been a social butterfly, or even liked his school mates for that matter. He avoided conversation at all costs, paid attention in class and wrote songs in his spare time. But due to a dysfunctional home life he often found himself hanging out under the bleachers in the school's gym. However, one day when a new younger student with black hair and a innocent like bunny smile came along, Yoongi found himself hating people a little less.

The day had started out like any other, Yoongi arrived half an hour early to his first class before everyone else got to school. Constant arguing between his parents forced him to spend as much time as possible away from the hell hole. He was scribbling down the lyrics to a new song in his old rugged journal. The pages were wrinkled, and the exterior had been washed, dried, painted (accidentally) and had numerous liquids spilt on it throughout the years but Yoongi never let it out of his sight because it held every song or thought that passed through his head. It was his journal, best friend and stress reliever.

Soon the silence was interrupted by his classmates shuffling in, and he immediately closed the journal and tucked it away in his bag for safe keeping. He didn't need any of the other students finding his little diary. He had enough to worry about without the school finding out his personal thoughts. Home life was grim, he didn't speak to anyone at school due to past incidents at his school. Friends always stabbed him in the back and turned on him, so through the years he learned to simply not have any. He buried his nose in his school book, luckily this was his first year of high school. Which meant he only had a few years left before he would finally be out of this place and luckily since he focused on his grades above all else, he would be able to go to the college of his choice. Suddenly the teacher entered, clearing his throat to gain the classes attention as he spoke "can I have your attention class" Yoongi looked up to see a tall black haired boy who was grinning innocently sweet. The teacher smiled "this is your new class mate Jeon Jungkook, I trust you will all treat him well" Jungkook bowed his head to the class "I look forward to working with you all!" Then the teacher pointed to the only available seat to Yoongi's right hand side "you can sit by Yoongi" Jungkook nodded, keeping a small grin placed on his lips as he sat down with a quick greeting to the blonde "you must be Yoongi since this is the only empty seat?" He nodded, not making eye contact as Jungkook sat down. Yoongi stared straight ahead as his English teacher rambled on through the remainder of his first class. He didn't notice the constant glances from Jungkook, as he was too busy paying attention to the lesson.

Soon class ended, and as Yoongi was headed out to the exit to retreat to his secret spot under the bleachers, a hand suddenly gripped his wrist. He whirled around with a scowl, ready to curse at whoever was attempting to harass him only to see Jungkook grinning "hey, Yoongi right?" The blonde nodded, jerking his wrist out of the younger's grip "what do you want? I don't have any cash and I don't sell drugs. You'll have to ask one of the stoners for that" Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed in confusion "I-i just wanted to talk... I was wondering if you could show me around the school?" Yoongi shook his head, sarcastic grin on his lips "trust me, you don't want to talk to me. Find someone else kid" just as Yoongi turned to leave, Jungkook grabbed his wrist again "I don't want anyone else to, I want you to." Yoongi scoffed "look, you're new, innocent. I'm not someone you should hang out with, I'm nothing but trouble and if you hang around me everyone else is going to hate you. So back off." Jungkook frowned, letting his hand fall limp to his side as the older disappeared through the main door.

But as the months blurred by, Jungkook gradually rose to popularity and Yoongi forgot the incident and continued his boring life. But since Jungkook was now the most popular guy in school, Yoongi often heard gossip of the younger and eventually learned that despite the fact that he should've been two grades behind, Jungkook would be graduating the same year as Yoongi. He was an incredibly hard worker, loved by all, he was always friendly, and by far the nicest person in school. He even went on to join the cheerleading squad.