Fly

A huff escapes his pink tinted lips as the restaurant owner, his boss, screams at him once again. Jin frowns, finally tired of the unjust yelling after years of being a doormat. His anger bubbles up in his chest and in a flash he's untied his apron, and tossed it right at the bosses face. The older man growls, causing Jin to shake his head "I quit. Find someone else to harass jerk" then in a flash he's rushed outside, dialing his best friend Namjoon's phone number. The line rings three times before Namjoon answers curiously "hello?" Jin smiles "hey. Namjoon are you and the guys busy?" The younger hums in thought "no I don't think so. Hyung.. Aren't you at work?" Jin smiles, the sun shining radiantly above him and suddenly the world seems a little bit brighter "I quit. I need you guys" Namjoon chuckles "so you do have a spine after all! I'll call the guys"

An hour later and Jin is riding in the van with the six boys he loves so much, Namjoon's driving while he sits in the passengers seat. Yoongi is asleep in the back of Namjoon's van, Hoseok and Jimin arguing while Tae and Jungkook poke Yoongi with sticks. It's been so long since he's been able to actually spend time with the boys that are practically his family. It feels amazing. He's forgotten how soothing their company is, how comforting their laughter is, how free he feels as they speed along side the beach in search of the perfect spot to view the sunset.

He realizes that the sun is already setting, and Namjoon quickly finds the perfect spot. The seven boys pile out, grabbing the snacks, drinks, blankets and speakers from the back. Waking Yoongi up in the process, before all rushing to the waters edge and setting the blankets up in a circle. Jin sets the cooler down as Namjoon and Yoongi build a bonfire, Hoseok and the younger boys already having a foot race. Jin smiles, wading out a few inches into the ocean and sighing in content. He feels light enough to fly away, no more responsibilities or worries, all he has to worry about is the moment currently taking place. His eyes flutter close in peace, his friends laughter echoing around him paired with gentle crashing of waves around his ankles forming a soothing atmosphere. In that moment as the sun sets, he feels like he could remain
in this moment for eternity.