Anniversary

Taehyung and Jimin had been together for years, but finally tied the knot. One year later, Taehyung decided to try his hand at something romantic and cheesy for their first wedding anniversary. He paddled himself and Jimin out on a beautiful lake under a weeping willow, and presented his husband with his gift. Too bad his balance wasn't the best.

Jimin and Taehyung had been dating for five years before Jimin finally proposed. You see in their relationship Jimin usually did all of the romantic stuff. He was the one to propose, pay for dinner on their dates, and anything overly fluffy. But one year after their wedding, Taehyung decided to take the lead and surprise Jimin for a change. He'd done everything right, Taehyung had bought them matching engraved bracelets that read "if lost please return to-" one with Taehyung's name, one with Jimins and he'd even arranged to take Jimin out on a lake in a small boat to give him his gift.

Taehyung snuck into their shared bedroom, having already packed up lunch for their picnic later and gotten dressed. Jimin was still asleep, and Taehyung took the opportunity to scare his black haired husband. After silently creeping up to their bed, he climbed on top of Jimin, straddling his hips before leaning down to kiss the older. Taehyung grinned into the lazy, half asleep response his husband gave, and pulled away grinning "morning Jiminie!" Jimin groaned at his lover's cheeriness so early in the morning, resting his hands on Taes thighs and staring up at him in confusion "why are you up so early Tae Tae?" The younger shrugged, smirking "it's a surprise. Now get up hyung!" Jimin rolled his eyes, grinning mischievously "you're not going anywhere until I say you can" Taehyung's eyes widened, attempting to scramble away but Jimin rolled them over in one swift movement, pinning Tae to the mattress and leaning down to kiss him roughly. Taehyung attempted to shove his husband away, trying desperately to ignore the pleasure Jimins teeth nibbling on his lower lip sent to his core. Taehyung resisted the urge to kiss back, instead going limp and holding back a moan. Luckily, Jimin caught the message and pulled away in confusion "what's wrong?" Taehyung pouted, folding his arms tightly across his chest "I actually planned something for the day, and maybe I want to dominate for once!" Jimin chuckled, rolling off of his husband to stand by the bed "I'm sorry Tae, you're too cute for that. And what do you mean you planned something?" Taehyung sat up, still pouting with his lips poked out "it's a surprise. Now get dressed jerk" Jimin sighed softly, sitting down in front of his husband "I'm sorry. Look I'll make you a promise okay?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow, forcing himself to continue pouting "what?" Jimin smirked, pulling Tae to sit in his lap before laying down, letting Taehyung straddle him once again "I promise you can be on top tonight" Taehyung grinned, leaning down to kiss his husband sweetly "thank you hyung. Love you" Jimin chuckled "love you to. Now how should I dress?"

Later in the afternoon after preparing for the day and setting their picnic up beside the lake, Taehyung stood up "Jiminie, let's go out on the lake before we eat" Jimin shrugged "sure thing. Tae what's all of this for?" Taehyung smirked "you'll see later. Now come on" Jimin shrugged, following his husband to the pier and reluctantly climbing into the small white boat docked there "Tae are you sure about this?" Taehyung nodded, paddling away from the pier "yes, stop worrying hyung. Stop ruining the moment by questioning me" Jimin laughed, raising his hands in surrender "okay, okay sorry babe" Taehyung smiled, and they spent several minutes in comfortable silence as the younger paddled them over to a secluded area of the lake. Jimin could only look around in amazement, lily pads with white flowers floated on the waters surface, and he noticed that Taehyung had stopped paddling right beneath a weeping willow. Taehyung cleared his throat, ears slightly pink in nervousness "okay. Jiminie I did all of this because I wanted to celebrate our first wedding anniversary different than our dating anniversaries."

Jimin quirked an eyebrow "what do you mean?" Taehyung's tongue nervously darted out to wet his bottom lip before continuing "I mean you always organize everything and do all the work. I want to prove that I can be romantic to.. So I did all of this" Jimin smiled, mumbling "our anniversary isn't for three more days though" Taehyung shrugged "I know, but in order to surprise you I had to do it early. Let's face it you've probably already planned something for the exact date" Jimin giggled "I actually have" Taehyung chuckled, pulling a small rectangular box out from behind him and moving to stand up a little too quickly. Just as he'd raised the box up to hand to Jimin, the boat tipped over in a flash, dumping them both into the cold water. Taehyung and Jimin both swam up to the surface, panting and gasping for air as their boat drifted away. Luckily it hadn't sank. Taehyung's eyes widened "I dropped your present..." Jimin sighed softly, swimming over to his husband "it's okay, you can buy me another one later. Let's swim to shore" Taehyung's eyes brimmed with tears and he shook his head violently "no!! I can't just buy another one, I need that one! I have to have it!!" Jimin tried to hold onto his husband, but Taehyung had already dove down into the deep water in an attempt to find it. Jimins eyes had widened with fear, calling his husband's name. Several seconds passed in silence, and Jimin was beginning to get worried, until Taehyung finally breached the surface, gasping for air. Jimin slapped his arm "you asshole!! Don't do that again, I was worried!!" Taehyung frowned "sorry hyung.. But at least I found it" Jimin rolled his eyes, sighing "come on" tiredly.

Soon they reached the shore, and despite being soaked to the bone they sat down at their picnic, in silence. After eating the sandwiches and other food Taehyung had spent hours preparing, the brunette handed Jimin the wet velvet box, only mumbling "here" Jimin took the box, opening it to see a silver bracelet engraved "if lost, please return this loser to Taehyung" Jimins eyes widened, breaking out into a smile "Tae it's.. I love it" Taehyung only nodded, keeping his gaze glued on the lake before them. Jimin sighed, setting his gift aside before crawling over to sit in Taehyung's lap and staring right into his eyes "Tae look at me" Taehyung reluctantly looked up at his husband, frowning. Jimin sighed, leaning forward to press a delicate kiss to Taehyung's lips "I love the bracelet Tae. Not as much as I love you though... Thank you for doing all this, I enjoyed it" Taehyung shrugged, still frowning "you don't have to lie" Jimin raised an eyebrow "what are you talking about? Tae talk to me baby..." Taehyung sighed, wrapping his arms around Jimin's waist to hug him tightly, nuzzling into Jimins chest as he mumbled "I screwed up everything today. I just wanted to show you how happy you make me when you go to the trouble of being overly romantic but it backfired... I ruined the whole day" Jimin gently combed his fingers through Taes still damp hair "you didn't ruin anything. I had fun, I've enjoyed every second Tae. Thank you for doing all this, it means the world to me. Besides, stuff like this is a way better story than all the boring 'perfect' stuff we've done. Our kids are gonna love this story. Mistakes make memories better" Taehyung nodded, looking up at his husband gratefully "thank you. I love you" Jimin smiled, eyes crinkling "I love you to"

Jimin then pulled away, smirking "now let's get home so you can top for a change" Taehyung's face flushed red, glaring slightly "y-yah!"