Birthday broadcast

Yoongi was enjoying his birthday, celebrating with a live broadcast. Jimin had gotten him a lovely sweater, while Taehyung and Hoseok had gotten him mackerel. But for some reason Jimin got up and left towards the end of the video.

As he waved goodbye to the viewers and the video ended, he frowned inwardly. Taehyung and Hoseok shuffled out of the room chattering excitedly amongst themselves but Yoongi wanted to talk to Jimin. He looked down at the sweater he now wore, smiling and running his fingers along the soft fabric. Why did Jimin take off like he did? Yoongi suddenly scowled, and rushed out to find him. He shoved past Taehyung, asking sharply "where's Jimin?" The singer shrugged "I don't know. He left during recording" Yoongi sighed at the younger's uselessness, running down a nearby hallway only to see Jimin sitting on a bench with his head down cast. Yoongi slowed his pace, quietly inching closer only to discover that the younger was sniffling. Yoongi forced a neutral expression and cleared his throat, causing Jimin's head to snap up in his direction. Yoongi tried to ignore the pang in his chest at the sight before him, Jimin's eyes were full of tears though they hadn't spilt over yet and he looked distressed. Jimin looked down, wiping at his eyes hurriedly and standing "what is it hyung?" Yoongi stepped closer, noticing Jimin's equal backwards step and frowned "why'd you leave during the broadcast?" Jimin shrugged, gaze downcast as he mumbled "didn't feel the need to stay.." Yoongi nodded slowly, allowing the younger to walk away.

The next day, Yoongi woke up early, like usual. But he'd thought about everything Jimin had said during his birthday broadcast and decided to talk to the younger about it. He scowled, walking into the kitchen without a care as to who saw him as he snatched the Jimin's wrist and drug him out of the dorm. Once they were out in the hallway, Yoongi released his iron grip, causing Jimin to snap angrily "what the hell Yoongi?!" The gray haired man turned around to face Jimin, scowl evident "why did you leave yesterday?!!" Jimin blinked in surprise, staring dumbly for a few seconds before anger took over "why do you care?!! I left because I felt like it!" Yoongi growled, rubbing the back of his neck "I care because I wanted you there.. But if that's how you feel then fine." Then the older scoffed weakly, shoving past Jimin towards the stair well. Jimin stood in surprise, sighing heavily 'what was that all about?' He thought to himself before deciding to go after Yoongi and running up the stairs. When he reached the top of the stairwell, seeing Yoongi waiting by the rooftop door, he shouted "hyung! Wait!" Yoongi turned around, swiping his eyes smoothly to hide his tears and coldly spat "what?" To the younger. Jimin rolled his eyes, quickly moving to stand in front of the older so that their feet met.

With mere inches between them, Jimin sighed softly "I left during the broadcast because I was upset.. Tae and Hoseok hyung kept interrupting me and I just wanted you to know how much I cared about your birthday... Because you mean a lot to me. But my temper got to me.." Yoongi's gaze instantly softened and he pulled Jimin into a hug "I'm sorry Jiminie... I shouldn't have been such an asshole." Jimin pulled away, shaking his head "you weren't hyung, it's ok" Yoongi smiled a gummy smile, hands sliding down to rest on the younger's hips "I'm so in love with you" Jimin's eyes widened, a light blush dusting his cheeks "w-what?" Yoongi's smile widened, inching closer until his lips nearly ghosted over the younger's. Jimin's eyes fluttered closed, and he leaned forward to close the distance. Yoongi felt Jimin's warm soft lips pressed delicately against his own, and the younger's arms coil around the back of his neck. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jimin's waist, tilting his head to deepen the kiss ever so slightly. His teeth nibbled at Jimin's bottom lip, earning a shiver from the younger, he grinned into the kiss a moment before pulling away. He smiled at how flustered Jimin looked, and the younger struggled to find his words a moment before finally speaking "I love you to. I thought I'd made it obvious. You're so oblivious." Jimin's expression shifted from shy and flustered into a determined and demanding one in nearly three seconds. Yoongi barely had time to register what the younger was doing as Jimin leaned forward to teasingly remark "now kiss me again, and don't hold back this time old man..." Yoongi smirked, pushing Jimin against the nearest wall and mumbling "oh, I won't" and with that, they closed the distance.