Stay pt 2

"Pain is worse when the cause is someone you love"

Jin awoke to yelling, his eyes could barely crack open. But he just barely made out the figures and voices of Yoongi and Namjoon. Yoongi's voice was laced with danger, and obvious rage "you killed him! You worthless piece of shit, get out now before I beat you to a pulp." Namjoon scoffed "this is my house-" Yoongi punched him in the gut one hard time, making the younger stumble back in surprise "I said, get out. Now." Namjoon glared, shuffling out of his home and the moment the violent fool left, Yoongi rushed to Jin's side, instantly checking his pulse "thank god your alive. Jin can you hear me?" Jin barely managed a nod, unable to speak. Yoongi sighed before dialing 911 and shaking Jin frantically when he slipped into unconsciousness again.

Several hours later Jin woke up, eyes snapping open as panic gripped him. He looked around frantically, expecting Namjoom to be there waiting to finish him off, but instead he was greeted by Yoongi again. The younger was asleep in the bedside seat, and Jin suddenly felt a wave of guilt wash over him. He'd pulled Yoongi into all of his personal problems time and time again but he never left Jin's side. Jin's gaze wandered to the window where sunlight streamed in, and he thought back over all the fights he'd lost to Namjoon, times Yoongi had to nurse him back to health, and made his friend/neighbor Jimin worry about him. He felt tears build up, and he let out a silent cry from the years of pain and heartache. Jin knew in that moment that he had to leave, had to get away from the love of his life if he wanted to stay alive. And that hurt more than any blow his husband could land on him. The rapid beeping of the heart monitor and Jin's shallow breaths woke Yoongi up, as he rushed to the older's side "breathe. It's alright, he's not here." Jin held back sobs "I know. That's why I'm crying" Yoongi scoffed, pulling back "why do you still put up with him? After all he's put you through.." Jin shook his head "you misunderstand. I know what I have to do, I have to leave him. And that hurts, so badly Yoongi.." The younger patted Jin's shoulder "I can't imagine what your feeling. But I'm here for you if and when you need me." Jin nodded, holding Yoongi's hand and slowly beginning to calm down.

Days later when Jin was finally released from the hospital with a concussion, three broken ribs, one cracked, and bruises around his neck, he knocked at his apartment door. The door opened slowly to reveal his husband Namjoon, eyes bloodshot from lack of sleep, paired with dark eye circles. Jin sighed softly "I'm here to get my stuff. I can't do this anymore Namjoon." The younger flinched away from the door, letting him enter without a word and sitting on the couch while Jin gathered his things "I'm sorry Jinnie." Jin ignored the weak apology, gathering a few clothes and personal belongings. He was distracted by his thoughts, and didn't hear Namjoon walk up right behind him. Jin only snapped out of his daze when a hand wrapped gently around his wrist, he flinched, jerking away and backing up against the nearest wall "don't." He took a deep breath to calm his nerves, noticing the hurt flash across his husbands face. Namjoon backed away, eyes downcast "I wasn't going to hurt you.." Jin let out a bitter laugh, snatching his backpack "what's stopping you now? Hmm?" Jin shook his head, shoving past the younger "I'm done. My lawyer will be in touch in a couple weeks to sort the papers." Namjoon watched his lover carefully, eyes watering and he ached to turn back time "I'm sorry. Jin, please, I'm so sorry. I know there's no way you'll ever forgive me... And I'll never be able to make it up to you. I love you.." Jin forced himself not make eye contact with the younger, afraid his resolve would crumble if he did "and I loved you to. Until you tried to kill me." Then he walked out of the front door without so much as a glance back at his apartment.

~one week later~

Jin had moved in with Yoongi, temporarily, while he tried to find a good lawyer. He was lying on the couch, waiting for Yoongi to come home so he could cook dinner for himself and his best friend, hearing a knock at the door he happily skipped over to open it. But when he opened it, he saw Namjoom standing there with a bouquet of flowers. Jin started to slam the door, but Namjoom caught the door, quickly pleading with the older "Jin wait! Please, just give me five minutes... Please." Jin huffed, resting his hands on his hips "you've got four. Now talk." Namjoom took a deep breath, watching Jin carefully "after you left I looked up Jungkook-" Jin glared, preparing to slam the door again "you brought him into this?! He's a kid! You actually talked to him?! If you hurt him I swear to-" Namjoon sighed, nodding "calm down it's not what you think. I just asked him about our wedding and he told me everything. How he'd had a one sided crush on you and how you pushed him away. It's not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to understand everything better.."

Jin sighed, staring at his husband "ok fine, but why are you here?" Namjoon sniffled, swiping at his eyes "I came to beg for your forgiveness. I know I have no right after everything I did to you... But I swear to you, I will never hurt you again Jin." He looked up, staring into the older's eyes with burning sincerity, continuing "I am so sorry for hurting you. And if you give me a second chance I swear I will make it up to you." Jin's eyes watered, and he looked away, trembling from holding back sobs. He wanted to hug the younger, and never let go but he held back "N-Namjoon.. I.. You nearly killed me.. I can't just forget that." Namjoon swallowed thickly, holding out his hand "I'm not asking you to forget. I'm asking for you to let me make things right. But if you don't think I deserve it, then I understand. I won't bother you anymore." Namjoon inhaled shakily, hands trembling "after everything else we've been through... Over nine years, do you really want to throw it all away?" Jin shook his head, tears falling "I don't give a damn about the time we've been together! A spouse is supposed to be the one person you can trust no matter what, and you put me in the hospital several times! I'll throw whatever I want away!" Jin sobbed, stumbling backwards, knocking a vase off of the table and Namjoon threw the flowers down to make sure Jin was unharmed, noticing the way his husband flinched away. Namjoon held out his hands, calmly asking "are you ok..?" Jin shook his head, hugging Namjoon tightly as he sobbed "no.... I don't know what to do..." Namjoon let silent tears fall, holding his now hysterical husband "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry.. I should go.." Jin gripped his shirt tightly, begging "don't g-go, not yet.."

Several minutes passed of that, until Jin finally calmed down and pulled away, wiping his tears away. Namjoon smiled sadly, gently stroking the older's cheek "it's ok. I won't pressure you to do anything. I'll leave you alone." He walked out, leaving the door open, leaving glass and destroyed roses covering the floor around Jin as he watched his husband leave. Jin's eyes watered again and he shook his head, calling out "wait!!" And running to the younger with arms outstretched "Namjoon!" The younger turned around in surprise, catching Jin in his arms and blinking in shock "what is it hyung?" Jin hugged him tightly, mumbling "don't leave me. I'm not saying I forgive you yet, but I want to try. I can't live without you Joonie..." Namjoon smiled widely, spinning the older around "thank you. I'll do everything I can to make it up to you. I promise." Jin smiled, nodding.

Suddenly a cough from behind them cause the couple to look up in surprise, Jin grinned "Yoongi!" Yoongi glared at Namjoom, walking closer slowly "what does this trash want?" Namjoom flinched, frowning "I came to talk to Jin hyung, look Yoongi hyung, I'm sorry. I know you don't believe me, and I don't blame you, but after what happened last week... I came to my senses. I love Jin, and I'm going to fix my mistakes." Yoongi nodded warily, eyeing him carefully "hmm. We'll see about that. I'll be keeping an extra careful eye on Jin, so watch it Namjoon." The younger nodded, bowing gratefully "thank you for taking care of him and protecting him from myself..." Silence followed, Yoongi walking back inside to leave the couple alone.

Jin stayed with Yoongi a few more days to talk and make sure he was doing the right thing. Yoongi reluctantly agreed with Jin's decision, and finally Jin was walking back into his shared apartment. All of the lights were turned off, but the entire apartment was covered with candles, and Namjoon was standing in the living room with a grin "would princess Jin like a relaxing spa day? Your wish is my command. I'll do anything you want Jin.." He knelt down on one knee, nervously watching the older "I love you.." Jin smiled softly, kneeling down in front of the younger "I love you to Namjoonie...." Namjoon smiled widely, pulling Jin into a tight hug as he kissed his cheek.